2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly do think Bron stepped over Dray on purpose. Dude was DESPERATE. Why else would you step over him after initiating the contact that knocked both down? There was really no reason for it too happen.

I remember him dropping Curry to the ground too after he dropped 38 in game 4

I hate that I even have to type this. All that ish wouldnt even matter if Barnes hadn't pulled the greatest disappearing act in NBA history in games games 5-6.

TBH the only flaw I can see I GSW is if Iggy clanks wide open 3s ala Harrison Barnes like he did in game 1 a few days ago.

Edit; meant games 6-7

Last edited:
Idk man.

When you consider the drastic difference, I don't know man. I mean this is all hoptheticals but at the very least I think anyone could acknowledge that bron's legacy COULD be much different

I mean imagine having to go through spurs/warriors/rockets/Clippers/Thunder with KD/Peak Memphis etc JUST to get to the finals

He's an all time great so he legit could have won maybe even more, (and who knows what his roster would look like if his competition was this tough) but it's just crazy how much luck goes into legacy
Kobe got lucky with Perkins getting hurt in 2010 and with Horry hitting that shot vs Sac.
Steph got lucky in 2015 with playing injured teams every round.
Bro I could do this with every player and team.
Stop with the hypotheticals.

I truly do think Bron stepped over Dray on purpose. Dude was DESPERATE. Why else would you step over him after initiating the contact that knocked both down? There was really no reason for it too happen.

I remember him dropping Curry to the ground too after he dropped 38 in game 4

I hate that I even have to type this. All that ish wouldnt even if Barnes pulled the greatest disappearing act in NBA history in games games 5-6.

TBH the only flaw I can see I GSW is if Iggy clanks wide open 3s ala Harrison Barnes like he did in game 1 a few days ago.
curry had as much blame for blowing 3 straight games. No excuses for a team that went 73-9 and almost got eliminated by OKC.

Kobe got lucky with Perkins getting hurt in 2010 and with Horry hitting that shot vs Sac.

I mean all of that is true which is why I said it's crazy how much luck goes into legacy as a whole

Idk man.

When you consider the drastic difference, I don't know man. I mean this is all hoptheticals but at the very least I think anyone could acknowledge that bron's legacy COULD be much different

I mean imagine having to go through spurs/warriors/rockets/Clippers/Thunder with KD/Peak Memphis etc JUST to get to the finals

He's an all time great so he legit could have won maybe even more, (and who knows what his roster would look like if his competition was this tough) but it's just crazy how much luck goes into legacy

It doesn't even matter though man. He did what he did and that is all he could do.

I mean I understand the hypotheticals but again, it is always coming from a place of HATRED. Always.

Nobody ever says, "Damn I wish he could have went through tougher COMP to really prove how great he was."

It is, "He isn't as great as they say because he had the easy path in the East."

Just wild how we disrespect him the way that we do. "We."

I understand though, people can't give folks credit when it is due.

Idk man.

Exactly.

All valid points.

Everyone here is just making excuses. All this hate because bron is great.
Doesn't matter if he is in the east. He is the best player in then be for a reason. He has 3 rings (and about to get more) more for a reason.

All i do is laugh at dudes making excuses all day.
Say whatever you will to help yourself sleep at night. Its not going to stop Bron from winning more rings. You alls souls got crushed after last year, and you all still didn't learn. You never will either.

You Bron haters have had it!

:rofl:

As much as I like Lebron, the eastern conference for the most part has been trash for ages.

There's no way he'd have close to the same success rate if he was battling western teams year after year.

I don't think thats discrediting Lebron... but discrediting the terrible conference he plays in

If LeBron was in the West, people would just say he played weak teams in the Finals.
It's pointless to argue about that lol.

Iggy hasn't hit a single 3 this entire postseason (0-15)

Cause for concern :nerd:?

They've been wide open too.....

warriors should be going after that elusive 3peat Triple Crown right now...but family men wearing wires and pointing fingers. Can't spell Cavalier without C...I...
lbjsteph.png

Lol as if Perkins was the difference between the Celtics winning or losing.

Both teams were absolutely gassed in game 7 and theay needed as much scoring as possible and they needed every bit of Rasheed's 11 points (mind you C's only scored 79 points that game) as well as his ability to stretch the floor. Dude even hit a big 3 to get the game within reach. You weren't getting none of that with Perkins

Oh but do yall use that same logic for CP3? :rolleyes

The same logic should be applied to CP but it isn't because making 2nd round jokes is funnier than the reality and the reality doesn't feed into the romanticism of sports culture

And again I'm not trying to discredit lebron I love lebron.

But imagine having to win 56 games in the west to play the 55 win spurs in round 1?

Not even about CP but just in general, imagining having to play some configuration of spurs/clips/warriors/thunder/rockets to get to the finals.

It doesn't knock LBJ's legacy by any means but it just highlights the vast differences within the conference

My question is if Bron played in the West does he get the increase in talent on his team and better management the first 7 years of his career instead of the dumpster fire of a squad he had in Cleveland. Cause if he does, which he should seeing that's what's being used against him for not being in the West, he probably does more of the same. There's really no discrediting what hes been capable of as an individual at this point.

Last edited:
Lol as if Perkins was the difference between the Celtics winning or losing.

Both teams were absolutely gassed in game 7 and theay needed as much scoring as possible and they needed every bit of Rasheed's 11 points (mind you C's only scored 79 points that game) as well as his ability to stretch the floor. Dude even hit a big 3 to get the game within reach. You weren't getting none of that with Perkins
Ok

if bron was in the west, he'd have more rings and less finals appearances

I agree with this. He'd probably been on a deeper team, but wouldn't make it to the Finals every year as he has.

Man, LeBron James can only play against those that are placed in front of him. All this, "If he was X, Y, Z" talk serves no other purpose but to discredit what he has done. What is the point man. GOt damn yall :lol:

True as well. You have to play the teams that are in front of you, but you have to believe LeBron prefers to play in the East because of the weaker compeition.

Idk man.

Luck does play a major role. I mean look at CP3. Some would say if he has a healthy team, he would've probably made a western conference appearance by now.

Look at the Warriors in games 6 and 7. Bogut and Iggy being out was unlucky. It is what it is.

Has he been hanging out with Harrison Barnes or something? It is a cause for concern, because it'll help bail out the help defense.

Everyone here is just making excuses. All this hate because bron is great.
Doesn't matter if he is in the east. He is the best player in then be for a reason. He has 3 rings (and about to get more) more for a reason.

All i do is laugh at dudes making excuses all day.
Say whatever you will to help yourself sleep at night. Its not going to stop Bron from winning more rings. You alls souls got crushed after last year, and you all still didn't learn. You never will either.

You Bron haters have had it!

WOW YOU ARE MADDD

TRIGGERED!!
:rofl: :rofl:

That's literally the only flaw I can currently see for the Warriors.

If he remains that way, teams will sag off him, shrinking the court for the rest of the team and clogging the paint, but they absolutely need him to defend Lebron, so he'll remain on the court.

Basically he's turn into Andre Roberson

Last edited:
If LeBron was in the West, people would just say he played weak teams in the Finals.
It's pointless to argue about that lol.

Exactly.
and they dont get that If Bron was on the west His team is automatically a championship contender.
Lets say Bron was playing on the rockets, being in the 3rd seed, That rockets team would have beat GS in 5 games at the most.

Come on, y'all acting as if this man was in the west it would be different. the only thing different would be that he would have no Ls in the finals because I dont think any team in the east would beat him either.

So its better for you all that he is in the East, because by now he would have 6 rings, and you all would be mad as hell.

The same logic should be applied to CP but it isn't because making 2nd round jokes is funnier than the reality and the reality doesn't feed into the romanticism of sports culture

And again I'm not trying to discredit lebron I love lebron.

But imagine having to win 56 games in the west to play the 55 win spurs in round 1?

Not even about CP but just in general, imagining having to play some configuration of spurs/clips/warriors/thunder/rockets to get to the finals.

It doesn't knock LBJ's legacy by any means but it just highlights the vast differences within the conference
Bron would also have better teammates and a better FO if he was in the West.
Do you think Kawhi or KD could take that 2007 Cavs team to the finals?
It goes both ways bro

are you gonna take a math test without a calculator to make it more difficult for you?
are you gonna try to write with your weak hand for a day to make it more difficult?

Hell put bron on that warriors team from 2015, and 2016, with no steph Curry. Bron would have swept the east both years. Draymond could have not played 3 games in 2016 and Brons Warriors team would have still swept the east.

You see how that works now?

Bron on that Spurs, Mavs team wouldn't have let any east team win 1 game.

But the Wast is soooo powerful. shut up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom