2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 was funny.

You actually had dudes on here saying things like, "I think Kyrie and Love being out actually benefits CLE because neither play defense." and being dead serious about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

How would 2015 be a fluke? Dubs were a better team that year too 
laugh.gif
they were down 2-1 to a team led by LeBron and Mozgov.
And then won like everyone expected them to because they were the healthier and overall better team. If the cavs won in 2015 then what you're saying would make sense.

GSW had trouble with Mozgov...MOZGOV...in 2015 and they had Bogut to boot! And CLE still won two!

What more if Cle had Kyrie and Love lol

Reminds me of the Lakers in '08 taking two games against BOS in the Finals (would've been 3 had LAL not blown a 24-point lead at home in Game 4) without BYNUM and ARIZA, their starting C and starting SF! 

So does that mean Boston's '08 title was a fluke? Rhetorical question.

Utah only down 8 without G. Hill.

If the Clippers were playing, they'd be down 28 WITH CP3

Snyder the real deal holyfield

Last edited:
And why in 2017 we still talking about the Lakers and Celtics rivalry
That ish is dead
Not coming back until we become good again

2015 was funny.

You actually had dudes on here saying things like, "I think Kyrie and Love being out actually benefits CLE because neither play defense." and being dead serious about it.
Kyrie wasn't strapping down Curry games 2 and 3 (or was it 3 and 4?)

The Klove injury unleashed TTs potential, who barely started in the regular season. Mind you Mozgov started just about every game in the regular season and playoffs and dropped 28 game 4

Not to mention David Blatt =/= Ty Lue as coach.

You're not beating the Warriors while running and gunning in 2015, which is what would've happened if Cavs had the offensive firepower of Love and Kyrie.

It was a lot smarter to slow down the place and grind it out.

Last edited:
That ish is dead
It's happening way sooner than #teamtank thinks

I got a $500 bet with an NT'er that LAL will be back in the WCF by the 2019-2020 season.

Last edited:
Looked up the record from the Lakers 15-1 with that one loss coming to AI in the finals.

Ish is gonna be tough especially when they start to get too comfortable but still doable with this squad
I watched practically every game of the Lakers in the playoffs that year... Shaq and Kobe did their usual thing... but the key to most of those wins were Derek Fisher wasn't missing ish from the 3 point line
Warriors playing at 70% intensity and they are still winning :lol:
Pretty much

I notice Igoudala rarely tries to contest a shot, he jus attempts to swipe the ball away..its kind of annoying to watch..lol

2015 was funny.

Kyrie wasn't strapping down Curry games 2 and 3 (or was it 3 and 4?)

The Klove injury unleashed TTs potential, who barely started in the regular season. Mind you Mozgov started just about every game in the regular season and playoffs

Not to mention David Blatt =/= Ty Lue as coach.
Blatt would have won last years finals anyway
Kyrie and Lebron were cooking gas on the iso game
you don't need coaching to teach that

That ish is dead
Does that q really need to be asked?? It's the most historic rivalry and that last finals they played in had everyone who even cared a little bit about the NBA excited.

Utah playing way too much one-on-one for a team that doesn't have more than 2 bonafide playmakers.

Last edited:
2015 was funny.

kyrie and love made Cleveland 4 points better.... impressive.

kyrie, very important.
love , ehh . lot of Cleveland fans were happy that he got concussed cause he was a total non factor last years finals aside from like one game.

water under the bridge tho. I expect gs to win easily this year.

Last edited:
That ish is dead
Does that q really need to be asked?? It's the most historic rivalry and that last finals they played in had everyone who even cared a little bit about the NBA excited.
Dawg
There's no such thing a rivalry in the current state of matters since the Lakers stink now

But anyway, my point was that in the context of the playoffs thread, we shouldn't be talking about that rivalry, as it isn't relevant right now.

Lebron by himself managed to get two wins against GSW in 2015 Finals sans Kyrie, Love, and T. Lue (lol).

Fluke ring for Steph and Co?

If Dubs missing Draymond in Game 5 and losing in 7 to Cle was a fluke, then so was Cle missing Kyrie and Love the entire series the year before.

2017 Finals rubber match settles the fluke of all flukes.
love and Kyrie made the Cavs 4 points better then the warriors... That's not that good.
Good enough to take 3 of the last 4, including game 7 ON THE ROAD against "the greatest team of all time"   
pimp.gif

But yeah, it was a fluke 
roll.gif

Last edited:
home court advantage is so overrated . winning away really isn't that impressive.

they won though. so is what it is. this year is for the series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom