2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bron: 6x all star 2x all defensive 1st team 4x all nba first team 2x all nba second team rookie of the year
Steph: 3x all star 2x all nba second team 1x all nba second team

Steph hasn't accomplished more man. He has a ring and that's it.

and didn't you say the best ability was availability?

It didn't matter when people were crowing Bron over Kobe without having the resume at the time. Which was my whole point. Y'all pick and choose based on a bias.

Lots of people hate on Duncan, Bird, and Russell.
Clyde isn't in the same tier as those guys.
People don't really hate on Hakeem but they do say he only has those rings because MJ was retired.

Steph being light skinned ain't got nothing to do with jack. Plenty of light skin "privileged" came before him (ie Grant Hill).
Stop that argument

It didn't matter when people were crowing Bron over Kobe without having the resume at the time. Which was my whole point. Y'all pick and choose based on a bias.
I said that people did that lol and it was wrong then.
You said Curry has accomplished as much as LeBron did, which is false.

I would hope Bron would have better stats considering the bevy of injuries Steph sustained his first few years in the league. But even those statistical differences don't really mean much when looking at the accolades. Steph is ahead of where Bron was at the same juncture of his career, especially when he gets another chip this year. KD is more of an apt comparison.
Bron: 6x all star 2x all defensive 1st team 4x all nba first team 2x all nba second team rookie of the year

You somehow forget his 2 MVPs 

Steph being light skinned ain't got nothing to do with jack. Plenty of light skin "privileged" came before him (ie Grant Hill).
Stop that argument

This just isn't true. Colorism and the perceptions is definitely something our community battles on a daily basis. No athlete is immune. Remember when Kobe told Jordan Clarkson to start finishing like a dark skinned dude? It's real.

also... today where does KD stand on all time lists?
really is his resume any different than say..... Iverson?

Bird was one of the best **** talkers of all time. And could back it up. Dr. J wanted to murk that dude.

"You know who I hate? Jerry West. **** that chucking, front running SOB. Thinks he's so cool cuz he can shoot from far away. Not like he got more points from it anyways. Goddamn showoff. Logo my ***. He ain't even the best on his team." - Some ***** in some barbershop years ago

That's wild to me. Raised in NYC I played ball with everyone. Some of the baddest dudes I played against was white. Small minds in some people I guess

This just isn't true. Colorism and the perceptions is definitely something our community battles on a daily basis. No athlete is immune. Remember when Kobe told Jordan Clarkson to start finishing like a dark skinned dude? It's real.

Ok....Mamba back to being a real one again. Took Westbrook getting gentlemen swept and you doing the nay nay and hitting the folks with him for you to come back to your senses.

Welcome back!

But yeah. That colorism **** is real. I'm sure it's some light skin ***** in here who got tested daily because dudes thought they were soft growing up.

That's wild to me. Raised in NYC I played ball with everyone. Some of the baddest dudes I played against was white. Small minds in some people I guess

Not about being small minded it's something that's been engrained in major society since the inception of this country.

In the black community it goes all the way back to slavery. The dark skinned slaves were put in the fields while the fair skinned ones were allowed in the house because they were 'presentable' to be around white folks. That's where a lot of the 'privileged' stuff stems from. It's since evolved somewhat into being 'soft' and 'not real'. As a fairer skinned dude when I was younger it was definitely played upon growing up. Combine that with lighter colored eyes and 'speaking proper' the ridicule was on 10.

Last edited:

Not about being small minded it's something that's been engrained in major society since the inception of this country.

In the black community it goes all the way back to slavery. The dark skinned slaves were put in the fields while the fair skinned ones were allowed in the house because they were 'presentable' to be around white folks and the illegitimate kids of the masters . That's where a lot of the 'privileged' stuff stems from. It's since evolved somewhat into being 'soft' and 'not real'.

Last edited:
D13NOHA.jpg

The light skin dark skin thing is more of a joke than anything else. I'm light as hell and it hasn't really been an issue for me, only in rare instances. If anything I get hated on for being devastatingly handsome and well hung. It was only in the past few years when I started to notice how rare it actually is to be light skinned, I'm normally one of if not the only one in a room full of dark skin folks

Again, you were mad that people called LeBron a great before he won a championship. Westbrook will still be ringless on his 29th birthday but he's Jesus in basketball shoes to you, and just had the greatest season of all time. Give all this talk about bias a rest like you're not one of the most biased posters on here. YOU pick and choose more than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom