2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall act like you haven't seen any of steph's 'fights' in the NBA. That's why he gets labeled soft, because he kinda is. You don't see dudes running around calling Kenyon Martin or even derrick rose, sheed, mike beasley soft. This entire topic is so stupid to me.

Last edited:
I don't care if somebody is as light as Prince or black as Wesley Snipes, a brotha is a brotha to me. Let's also not act the media don't love him cuz he don't look like what THEY stereotype. If he looked like AI people would stop with the babying. Men be calling him adorable on ESPN. **** is weird. :lol:

facts. I never saw anyone call Dame, Russ, Delonte West, AI, Matt Barnes, or Paul Pierce soft.
When Melo was a top 5-10 player in the league was he hated on because he's lightskin?
y'all dudes need to stop trying so hard to be "woke"

Why you think white Paul George gets more hate than Black Paul George? It's because he's light skinned, just think about it..

Last edited:
Yall act like you haven't seen any of steph's 'fights' in the NBA. That's why he gets labeled soft, because he kinda is. You don't see dudes running around calling Kenyon Martin or even derrick rose, sheed, mike beasley soft. This entire topic is so stupid to me.

Russ has gotten a lot of hate lately too but haven't seen any of it being chalked up to him being light skin either

The colorism convo is more relevant when talking about their treatment in the media imo,less so with fan hate and things like that. Every above average player alive has gotten hate someway or the other

Last edited:
The media narrative is more off base than anything. People act like the media was running full speed looking to crown steph. Uhhh no, that would be somebody like lebron as I already talked about. Again nobody expected much from steph, he got dropped by nike, he really only blew up 3 years ago after breaking 3 point records etc. It's an argument that is not at all based in reality. Where is this 'the masses were so quick to embrace steph...must be cuz he's lightskinned' coming from?

Last edited:
I'm not listening to anyone in the media. Especially with these scorching hot takes these dudes deliver on a daily basis

facts. I never saw anyone call Dame, Russ, Delonte West, AI, Matt Barnes, or Paul Pierce soft.
When Melo was a top 5-10 player in the league was he hated on because he's lightskin?
We need some sort of color chart now. Because to me there's only 2 lightskin guys you listed in that group. 

We need some sort of color chart now. Because to me there's only 2 lightskin guys you listed in that group. 
laugh.gif
 Paul & Dame? Wut?

Draymond Green on the playoff leaderboards so far:

10th in 3-Pt Field Goals (21)

9th in 3-Pt Field Goal Pct (.512)

6th in Total Reb (73)

3rd in Def Reb (68)

5th in Assists (58)

9th in Steals (16)

2nd in Blocks (21)

6th in True Shooting Pct (.662)

9th in Effective Field Goal Pct (.642)

5th in Offensive Rating (130.0)

1st in Defensive Rating (92.2)

2nd in Win Shares Per 48 Min (.295)

2nd in Value Over Replacement Player, VORP (1.1)

We'll never know his absolute value until Steph, Klay and KD aren't blocking him from everyone's view.

Last edited:

Delonte West is the only one I see in the mix as light as Steph. :lol:

I've heard people call Chris Webber and TMac soft.

The light skin thing is BS. I've seen brotha's of all colors that got hands. :lol:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...s-Kawhi-Leonard-a-pass-from-high-11131117.php

"There are some people who are frustrated Kawhi has gotten as much love as he has," Windhorst said. "It's not just LeBron, actually. There's other top players who feel the same way."

Not really what the article is about but the above quote caught my attention. Either the media lying or Bron petty asf.

Bron def hates Kawhi.

lebronkawhi.gif

This was too funny :lol: :lol:

those dudes are all lightskin
just because you don't look mixed doesn't mean you aren't lightskinned
I guess.

All of those guys except 2 have very visible brown skin to me but...hey.

I don't know what "looking mixed" means. That might be criteria you're using. I'm certainly not. 

Last edited:
Dudes playing dumb, like light skin dudes from privileged backgrounds.....don't face some sort of resentment and are as perceived as not being "real" and being "soft".

That's the central argument. Not saying it's the only factor....but it is a factor, and the last few responses all but proved the point :lol:.

Nobody is pretending to be "woke" or saying Steph curry is hated because he's light skin. That's way to simple. Some of us are just stating the reality dudes want to dismiss so badly.

Draymond Green a few weeks ago:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...lden-state-warriors/phzfpqkjnz6g1fhzzjwkdkbgm

Curry's teammate Draymond Green responded to this on his podcast "Dray Dray."

"He’s way more than what everyone expected him to be or ever gave him a shot to be. I think most people looked at it like, ‘Ah man, this was a, in quotes, privileged kid growing up. Like, how did he become this? He ain’t supposed to become this. It’s supposed to be the guy from the hood that had nothing and had to grind for everything.’

But when you look at Steph’s life. They had money, but Steph wasn’t treated like they had money. He couldn’t watch TV (all the time). He had chores. They didn’t raise them like they were just these privileged kids, which shows why they’ve got two sons in the NBA and a daughter who’s doing great in college. They weren’t raised like that.

People just automatically think that, ‘Man, this guy ain’t from the hood, he ain’t cut like that, he ain’t cut from a different cloth. He’s supposed to be soft and this, that.’ And of course, Steph is light-skinned, so they want to make him out to be soft. So everybody just wanted to make him out to be this soft, jump-shooting guy and he continued to get better and better and better."

Last edited:
Bruh Kobe has damn near the same background as steph. What are yall even saying right now? What's the story with Lonzo? Media quick to crown him cuz he's light? This is a reach and yall really need to let it go. As if steph doesn't do anything on the court that might make people look at him sideways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom