2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negligible with Lebron in 08' sure but LBJ's best year scoring the ball wasn't in 08.

I mean he did win the scoring title that year but I never said that his best year scoring the ball was that year. He has quite a few years where he scored the rock better than that year I think.

Like I said the hyper emphasis on efficiency and analytics is the reason for this. Can you get buckets or not consistently at a high level is what an elite scorer is to me.

Man AI was primetime basketball, every game I went to he got louder cheers than the home team. Watching that man ball out in his prime was a thing of beauty, no fear whatsoever. And miss me with the analytics talk cause no one cared about that **** back then.

AI was the opposite of this

You could make the argument though that he wouldn't have been as inefficient if he played in this era.

Today's game is way more conducive towards his talents.
possibly. Who knows.
I just hate hero ball all game.
. I really can't stand it. Don't enjoy selfish players / inefficient chuckers . 30 shots to get 33 points isn't impressive.
Not my thing

Last edited:
Jaylen Brown should've defended Wall on that last possession.

That atmosphere on Monday [emoji]127808[/emoji]

Last edited:
So AI was never the best or one of the best scorers in the league during his prime? When did they start giving out efficiency awards instead of scoring titles?

Russ is one of the best but not the best. You said the best. Efficiency matters when your saying the best scorer. Leading scorer vs the best scorer are different things.

AI is an example, sure leading scorer and one of the best scorers of that time but not the best. Prime Tmac, shaq, etc. Not taking anything away from AI, dude left it all out and balled out and had the world on his side. Ala Westbrook, but let's be honest, Russ has/had better teams then AI. Different topic for a different day.

Last edited:
Russ is one of the best but not the best. You said the best. Efficiency matters when your saying the best scorer. Leading scorer vs the best scorer are different things.

AI is an example, sure leading scorer and one of the best scorers of that time but not the best. Prime Tmac, shaq, etc. Not taking anything away from AI, dude left it all out and balled out and had the world on his side. Ala Westbrook, but let's be honest, Russ has/had better teams then AI.

So Kobe was never the best scorer in the league?

AI is an example, sure leading scorer and one of the best scorers of that time but not the best. Prime Tmac, shaq, etc. Not taking anything away from AI, dude left it all out and balled out and had the world on his side. Ala Westbrook, but let's be honest, Russ has/had better teams then AI.

He was the best chucker in the league

Y'all sound straight silly right now. Clearly a lot of non-hoopers in here.

the hell?

the cavs would sweep the wizards

these two teams cant eem win a game on the ******* road
Right
laugh.gif

This is basically a series to see who the 2nd best team in the East is. It's funny to even think the Celtics would have game 1 and 2 at the garden considering the gap between them and Cleveland.

He was the best chucker in the league

What does that make Russ?

I'd say in a moment in time he was. But I guess this is all opinion. All I'm saying is that you cannot say efficiency does not matter. BEST and LEADING are two different things. One being an opinion and one being a fact.

Russ was not the best scorer in the league. You can say leading scorer or possibly one of the best but everyone could make an argument on why he wasn't the best scorer in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom