2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL doesnt have to prove anything beyond reasonable doubt. It sucks but all it takes is a "maybe" he did it.

IMG_5508.JPG

The NFL doesnt have to prove anything beyond reasonable doubt. It sucks but all it takes is a "maybe" he did it.

Power the league has.. while I do believe the league has way too much power in these situations, that's what was negotiated into the CBA

Gotta remember even within legal matters you're dealing with different standards.. so for example, in a criminal matter they might drop the matter because they figure they can't win and it ain't worth the cost.. but a civil matter with s lower threshold would be 'winnable'

Power the league has.. while I do believe the league has way too much power in these situations, that's what was negotiated into the CBA

Gotta remember even within legal matters you're dealing with different standards.. so for example, in a criminal matter they might drop the matter because they figure they can't win and it ain't worth the cost.. but a civil matter with s lower threshold would be 'winnable'

Exactly. The threshold for burden of proof is way lower. In matters like this one the court of public opinion is what reigns supreme. IDC what people say Zekes public perception ( pulling that girls top down) and the **** up the league had with Ray Rice all played a role in this suspension.

Exactly. The threshold for burden of proof is way lower. In matters like this one the court of public opinion

Yup.. the league just has to be satisfied.. pretty sure that's why Brady's suspension held up because ultimately it's up to them as dictated by the CBA

Pacman screwed the players, as Dominique foxworth said on one show the other day, cause he kept getting into problems but never was actually convicted of anything and all sides agreed something needed to be done

just realized that if you click on the thread title of a thread you been in before it will take you to the post you last read, so not exactly a "your last post" button but something similar.

There's a lot of **** that they're gonna need to demand. That's why I can see the owners and commish really pressing for 18 games.

I'm just talking Jerry and Kraft clearly wanting to address the power the league has regarding its discretion on punishment.. and I'm going assume the 2 of those guys will then turn around and be against the players' ability to do certain things, like protest the national anthem (like the clause in the NBA CBA)

We hear this every time it comes to CBA time. The players that need to stand up are just gonna take more non-guaranteed money and fall back. While the grunt workers get chewed up, spit out, and replaced by a cheaper equivalent. Rinse and repeat :smh:

Goodell works for the owners, so isn't he always gonna do what the majority of owners want to keep his job?

I'm just talking Jerry and Kraft clearly wanting to address the power the league has regarding its discretion on punishment.. and I'm going assume the 2 of those guys will then turn around and be against the players' ability to do certain things, like protest the national anthem (like the clause in the NBA CBA)

Unless the NFL starts offering guaranteed contracts they'll always have full control.

We hear this every time it comes to CBA time. The players that need to stand up are just gonna take more non-guaranteed money and fall back. While the grunt workers get chewed up, spit out, and replaced by a cheaper equivalent. Rinse and repeat :smh:

I could be wrong, but this might be the most divided the owners have been.. or at least now you got 2 powerful owners pissed with the league

Obviously you had al Davis as a wild card before, but I think that was kinda expected.. but now you got 'the haves' getting burned

I could be wrong, but this might be the most divided the owners have been.. or at least now you got 2 powerful owners pissed with the league

Obviously you had al Davis as a wild card before, but I think that was kinda expected.. but now you got 'the haves' getting burned

That's true. You just have to hope enough owners like fairness more than they hate the Cowboys :rofl:

Unless the NFL starts offering guaranteed contracts they'll always have full control.

I mean it's really just the uphill battle the players association is dealing with.. aint a lot of them dudes making a ton of money and can withstand a long work stoppage.. and that's with them dudes being well aware of their short shelf lives

Owners are billionaires and know they can essence starve them out and wait for them to come crawling back

Jerry and Kraft only care because there best players got hemmed up. Other than that trust and believe they'll fall in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom