2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't sound good for Brown. I have no clue why the Cardinals have refused to upgrade their receiving corps over the past couple years. Fitz is turning 34 at the end of this month and he started showing his age finally last year. They have basically nothing behind him to take the pressure off him and DJ.

So the girl in the Zeke situation was also texting her friend about leaking a sex tape of him to get paid. Man if this backfires on the NFL....

So the girl in the Zeke situation was also texting her friend about leaking a sex tape of him to get paid. Man if this backfires on the NFL....

Bomani was great on this whole thing yesterday and I highly recommend everyone check it out..

But this doesn't negate or disprove anything regarding if he did or didn't beat her.. but it does hit her credibility.. these things aren't mutual exclusive

But all sides, including the league, got credibility concerns and this could get ugy on all sides quick

Ezekiel Elliott Accuser Discussed Using Sex Tape As Blackmail

Tom Ley

Yesterday 10:03am
Filed to: ezekiel elliott
wmjqcgambvo2mn6bpldt.jpg

Photo credit: Jae C. Hong/AP

Yahoo’s Charles Robinson has gotten his hands on a portion of the NFL’s 160-page report on the Ezekiel Elliott domestic-violence case detailing an exchange between Elliott’s accuser, Tiffany Thompson, and an unnamed friend in which they discuss using sex videos featuring Thompson and Elliott as a means for blackmailing Elliott.

Here are the text messages, as discovered by the NFL’s investigation and published by Yahoo:

[Thompson]: What if I sold mine and Ezekiel’s sex videos

[Friend]: We’d all be millionaires

[Friend]: We could black mail him w that

[Thompson]: I want to bro

[Friend]: Let’s do it

[Thompson]: Scared

[Friend]: ****

[Friend]: Id be like look give me 10k or I’ll just sell our sex videos for the same amount flat

[Friend]: Me and my friends tryna go on vacation and get boob jobs

(the report notes a pair of blank texts)

[Thompson]: 10k ***** I want 20k

[Thompson]: Go big or go home

[Friend]: That’s fine too

[Friend]: Like what

Robinson reports that Elliott’s lawyers and the NFL players union plans to use this exchange during the appeals process as part of a strategy to undermine Thompson’s credibility.

Previously, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported on documents in which, it said, NFL lead investigator Lisa Friel “was unable to give an clear endorsement of Thompson’s credibility because she repeatedly misled investigators.”

How witness credibility plays into the NFL’s disciplinary process is unclear. In a letter to Elliott informing him that he had been suspended for six games, the league said that advisors to league commissioner Roger Goodell had found “substantial and persuasive evidence” that Elliott had been violent toward Thompson. (The NFL’s personal-conduct policy says that a player who has not been charged with a crime can still be disciplined if there is “credible evidence” that he violated the policy.) An NFL spokesperson, asked what the “substantial and persuasive” standard means and how it compares to a preponderance-of-evidence one, was unable to clarify the issue for Deadspin.

[Yahoo]

this doesn't negate or disprove anything regarding if he did or didn't beat her

Yes, there’s a lot of contradictory information, both in the police file and in recent leaked information from the NFL’s 160-page report. Yes, it looks like Thompson lied about what happened the night of her 911 call. Yes, it looks like she threatened to blackmail Elliott with a sex tape. Yes, it looks like she makes very poor choices and suffers from extreme jealousies and likes to send a lot of threatening late-night texts to an ex-boyfriend she can’t quite quit. Yes, there probably was a fair amount of alcohol involved. But none of that means Elliott didn’t choke her, repeatedly, to the point she couldn’t breathe.

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburn...pension-even-a-liar-can-be-beaten-and-choked/

Great read

Yea Zeke is getting that 6 games regardless. There's a reason the case got thrown out. But this is not the court of law; it's the court of the NFL/public opinion where the burden of proof is not nearly as high.

Bomani was great on this whole thing yesterday and I highly recommend everyone check it out..

But this doesn't negate or disprove anything regarding if he did or didn't beat her.. but it does hit her credibility.. these things aren't mutual exclusive

But all sides, including the league, got credibility concerns and this could get ugy on all sides quick

Yeah for all we know both things are true. Maybe he did hit her, and she is tryna come up off him. It's just weird to me how if a girl is being abused she's texting her friend about leaking a sex tape for money. You think she would text her friend about her being abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom