2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with nicholas :lol: QB handling has been awful over the years, no shying away from the facts.

I rather them draft Mahomes II if he's there in the 3rd. Doubt he lasts until then tho.

Back up

hqdefault.jpg

But not a single one of you knew that before the draft, and the hype was already thru the roof.
hype from who exactly?

the team originally had him as the 3rd string guy with no real intentions of playing him.. then you add in he got injured during the preseason

if not for the Vikings trade, who knows if he even plays

yeah, you fooling yourself if don't admit those first Wentz games wasn't overboard hyping every throw. every pass completed would be 2 screenshotted tweets posted.

They're trying to downplay it now, but it really was unbearable for a couple weeks :lol:

I would dig up some quotes from those threads, but I'm too lazy.

yeah, you fooling yourself if don't admit those first Wentz games wasn't overboard hyping every throw. every pass completed would be 2 screenshotted tweets posted.
They're trying to downplay it now, but it really was unbearable for a couple weeks
laugh.gif

I would dig up some quotes from those threads, but I'm too lazy.
from that week 3 thread:

honestly, the only things I wanted to see out of wentz this year (or any rookie QB coming in) was for him to show glimpses of the QB he can be in a year or two..

see him make certain "NFL throws" demonstrate that he has the arm strength and other attributes that can make him successful on that level (also gotta factor in the weather conditions playing outdoors in philly)

you expect nerves and/or dumb decisions from any rookie.. but some guys you can tell pretty quickly that the things that would have made them successful in college don't exactly translate (or translate to the extent that would have made them as high of a pick as they were)

Wentz has looked very good. He's proving a lot of people wrong. You Philly fans live your lives with a tremendous chip on your shoulders. Can't ya'll just enjoy your QB without posting a "told you so" every 5 seconds?
laugh.gif
ummmmmm.. we cant actually say "told you so"

we defended the idea.. none of us pretended to have an actual opinion on wentz, hell we all assumed it would take time.. and assumed it was a gamble

however, you had the other folks who also had no real clue and admitted as much.. but their opinions were very strong

I love Mahomes, if I was the Browns I would take him and let Kessler start for a year
if I know Im going be crap, like the browns and jets, I'm just waiting until next year.. unless someone slides

he makes sense for the chiefs and Texans, to me.. or skins if they decide they're going move cousins.. or saints.. also steelers

any decent team that wants to sit a guy and develop him behind their established guy

there is just something about Mahomes I really look but his mechanics need a lot of work but the potential is through the roof IMO

Vicks inability to read defenses was his biggest weakness

It was clear when he balled out in Philly for half a season then D coordinators figured it out and he couldn't adapt

his best season was with the eagles though.

2010 in 12 games

3000 yds, 21 tds, 6 ints
600 yds rushing, 9 tds

kizor is probably going end up being the best value, to me.. obviously was in a terrible situation with his HC.. and looked a lot better when he had NFL WRs around him the previous year

Quote me. If the Jets go QB in Round 1 or 2 I won't post in this thread all season. I'll only update the thread title.

Last edited:
his best season was with the eagles though.

2010 in 12 games

3000 yds, 21 tds, 6 ints
600 yds rushing, 9 tds

Yeah that's what I mean though, it was roughly 7 weeks that got him there but D coordinators adapted to his resurgence

I really don't think any of these guys are going to pan out. Bad year to draft a QB imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom