2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it's damn near impossible to make it in big time sports broadcasting when all the best jobs go to former athletes
I feel bad for people who work for so long in sports journalism and broadcasting to make their name and become credible. Its become more about making sure its entertaining and former athletes help with that.

I wish it was just more about insight and how someone understands the game and reporting which not all former greats or players are good at. Like Chuck and Shaq aren't on TNT for their insightful analysis of the game its cause they make people laugh.

Last edited:
cut to 2028, when Stephen A. Smith is the last remaining ESPN employee, on 24-hours a day, making $250 million a year
roll.gif

I feel bad for people who work for so long in sports journalism and broadcasting to make their name and become credible. Its become more about making sure its entertaining and former athletes help with that.

I wish it was just more about insight and how someone understands the game and reporting which not all former greats or players are good at. Like Chuck and Shaq aren't on TNT for their insightful analysis of the game its cause they make people laugh.

Chuck and Shaq with Kenny and Ernie playing the straight guys is what draws me in. At 1:30 on the east coast the last thing I want is post game analysis. I stay up for the laughs. Chuck and Shaq aren't always wrong either. It's so common and easy to dismiss there basketball knowledge.

Chuck and Shaq with Kenny and Ernie playing the straight guys is what draws me in. At 1:30 on the east coast the last thing I want is post game analysis. I stay up for the laughs. Chuck and Shaq aren't always wrong either. It's so common and easy to dismiss there basketball knowledge.
Not saying they are always wrong and they have no basketball knowledge but thats not why they are on TV and they know that too. But I get why others watch its just not for me

You really gonna cape for Dilfer?

Not caping for anybody but do you really think it's kool to celebrate people losing their jobs? No matter how rich you think they already are.
Dilfer was terrible. Same thing for Sage Steele when she got bounced out of NBA countdown. I'm not "celebrating", but they got what they deserved.

You like people losing their jobs for expressing their political views?

So Kaepernick getting black balled by the league is fair game right?

Not saying they are always wrong and they have no basketball knowledge but thats not why they are on TV and they know that too. But I get why others watch its just not for me

I understood what you were saying. It's just frustrating to hear people clown or complain about the lack of basketball analysis when we all know it's more about comedy. Some people legit want Chuck and Shaq replaced. They don't understand how tv and ratings work. Ha ha ha

If their political views are stupid then hell yeah fire 'em.

I don't care one way or another about who else got laid off. Sage had to go though. I use to support her because she came from my local market. Once she started talking that nonsense though I just couldn't.

Last edited:

they kinda lost me when they added shaq..

only sports related stuff I listen to regularly are ESPN radio (le batard, bomani and the morning roast) and even though it aint really sports KFC radio pod with asa akira

You really gonna cape for Dilfer?

Not caping for anybody but do you really think it's kool to celebrate people losing their jobs? No matter how rich you think they already are.
Dilfer was terrible. Same thing for Sage Steele when she got bounced out of NBA countdown. I'm not "celebrating", but they got what they deserved.

You like people losing their jobs for expressing their political views?

So Kaepernick getting black balled by the league is fair game right?
Expressing your views is one thing. Being terrible at your job and having highly disagreeable talking points won't win me any sympathy points.

Slippery slope...
Nah not really, there's such a thing as facts and stupidity in this world.

I don't think Sage should be fired for her political views, but someone like Curt Schilling can ****.  Either way you have free speech but you're not insulated from the consequences of your speech.  Say something stupid as an on-air personality and live with the consequences.

Y'all should try out PlayStation Vue. I pay $35 a month and get all the sports channels. Then $50 for my internet so it's $85 a month. Saving me money. I would just illegally stream everything if my lady wasn't in the picture. Cable companies robbing people for real.

The double and triple screen options on PS Vue are so dope for sports. Gonna watch the Draft and the Rangers tomorrow.

Gonna wear my Rangers jersey this weekend.
I've really been contemplating switching to Vue. You really like it? Is the quality good enough to make the switch?

I've been considering Vue as well seems like a good deal to cut the cord

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom