2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No cut-offs, just FAX:

Miami pro titles:
2 in football
3 in basketball
2 in baseball
7 in total

Washington pro titles:
3 in football
1 in basketball
4 in total

Happy you said this. 3 > 2. Don't ever compare your NFL franchise to mine again. I lived during two of those titles. You've lived through 0.

Happy you said this, 7 > 4. Don't ever compare your city to mine again. I've lived through 5 of my cities' titles. You've lived through 2.

You're wrong though. See my post:

Do the Baltimore Ravens count the Cleveland Browns Championships? I don't think so. Your argument again falls flat.

The current Browns are still the Browns. Expansion or not. Ha ha ha

Your argument falls flat because the Browns adopted the defunct Browns' history.

Did the Nationals do the same? No.

Do research before you post nonsense.

Last edited:
Can I propose a new NT rule.

If your team won a title in a different city other than the one its currently playing in, the title cannot be claimed.

It shall be called the "Gary Payton Rule", based on his statement on OKC having his jersey....

"That commitment to the cause is what keeps Payton involved, and why he won't let the Oklahoma City Thunder hang his jersey in the rafters of the Chesapeake Energy Arena. "I always tell them I will never raise my jersey in Oklahoma City. They deserve me or Shawn Kemp to raise our jersey in the city of Seattle. We never played in front of Oklahoma.""

Last edited:
how we aint talking about the GOAT college team of all time

We're talking about sports. Lacrosse doesn't count. No one outside of the NE plays that dumb **** anyways.

Ok then since this is a football thread how many does Oregon have?

You have 0 too.

Miss me with that Jim Crow era title. No one gives a **** about those either

If we get to bring up titles from 70 years ago the Lions have 4 NFL championships

Anytime someone brings championships over than 30 years I'm bringing up the 57 title

CP said it was a great game

Last edited:

If your team won a title in a different city other than the one its currently playing in, the title cannot be claimed.

It shall be called the "Gary Payton Rule", based on his statement on OKC having his jersey....

"That commitment to the cause is what keeps Payton involved, and why he won't let the Oklahoma City Thunder hang his jersey in the rafters of the Chesapeake Energy Arena. "I always tell them I will never raise my jersey in Oklahoma City. They deserve me or Shawn Kemp to raise our jersey in the city of Seattle. We never played in front of Oklahoma.""
should be the "lakers" rule

That's not how it works. The city didn't win a title, the TEAM won a title.

You're sayin if the Boston Celtics moved today, they wouldn't take their 17 titles with them? Really? They go back to zero, the Celtics have never won a title now? :lol:

Again, teams win titles, not cities.

Your argument falls flat because the Browns adopted the defunct Browns' history.

You just claimed the 1960 Senators didn't claim the 1924 Senators history. Which one is it?

The National are a NEW FRANCHISE. They don't get to claim the Senators history. How does that mean the Washington Senators never won the World Series?

Last edited:
When the Giants won 2 Super Bowls vs Brady, the Jets don't get to claim that **** cuz they live in the same city man. :lol:

You're sayin if the Boston Celtics moved today, they wouldn't take their 17 titles with them? Really? They go back to zero, the Celtics have never won a title now? :lol:

I can see this point. That's why the Texas Rangers have no World Series Championships. The Senators do.

nah i hate that. I had people saying Milwaukee hasnt won a title in so long. Or Milwaukee is in top 5 biggest droughts. The Packers win that counts for Milwaukee. Not only did they play here but Packers are the entire states team and the majority of the fans are in Milwaukee. That's not to take away how much the Packers mean to the people in Green Bay, thats awesome. But those Super Bowls aren't theirs alone to not count Milwaukee. The season tickets even have games dedicated to fans in Milwaukee separate from Green Bay.

Edit: Oops i reread what was being said about teams being relocated claiming chips and I dont think this applies here.

Last edited:

You just claimed the 1960 Senators didn't claim the 1924 Senators history. Which one is it?

They didn't.

The 1961 Senators were a new franchise that are now the Texas Rangers, who claim 0 WS titles.

Either way:

Washington Senators =/= Washington Nationals

Last edited:

You're sayin if the Boston Celtics moved today, they wouldn't take their 17 titles with them? Really? They go back to zero, the Celtics have never won a title now?
laugh.gif

Honestly people view it different ways. Some for root a team ONLY because it's in their city, even though your 100% correct that titles and records are strictly tied to the team and NOT city.

Last edited:
They didn't.

The 1961 Senators were a new franchise that are now the Texas Rangers, who claim 0 WS titles.

Bruh you're in slow mode today. If a team changes into a new franchise the history books aren't erased. Your tryna say there was no World Series in 24. Complete nonsense. There was and the champions were the Washington Senators.

The Senators are not the Nationals. That's like saying Jim Brown and all his accomplishments are the Ravens. Makes no damn sense. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
Does Minneapolis claim the Lakers's titles before they moved to LA?

Just silly.

But go ahead and claim you won a title in 1924 if it helps you sleep at night.

Miami still has more titles than Washington.

/discussion

Does Minneapolis claim the Lakers's titles before they moved to LA?

Just silly.

But go ahead and claim you won a title in 1924 if it helps you sleep at night.

Miami still has more titles than Washington.

/discussion

No they don't keep the titles because THEY'RE STILL THE LAKERS. Same team different city. Like the Rams.

This conversation is so funny. I bring up old titles and you'd say what about now. Now you wanna bring up old titles. Salty your teams in 2017 are garbage. Ha ha ha

Make sure you tune in for Wizards and Caps playoff basketball and hockey today and tomorrow.

Last edited:

His squad doesn't even need him to win a ring :lol: [emoji]128514[/emoji]

the biggest benefit to KD being in GS, is him no longer being on OKC

Lowkey one of the more boss chess moves I've seen in the association :lol:

Straight checkmate

Completely shattered OKC :lol: doesn't help that OKC will be cash strapped next season too. If Kanter opts in in 2018 :x :rofl:

This conversation is so funny. I bring up old titles and you'd say what about now. Now you wanna bring up old titles. Salty your teams in 2017 are garbage. Ha ha ha

Old titles, new titles, we're still better than you.

Congrats on making the playoffs, ya'll should raise participation banners like the Colts do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom