2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the 10 million dollar rumor squashed when Kaepernick himself told Shannon Sharpe he never asked for that and that his reps at that point hadn't even discussed numbers and someone was putting that out there?

EXACTLY

Dude ain't asking for 10M :smh:
Yea I don't know how figures have been made public already when dude hasn't even met anyone yet :lol:,thought it was bs

Wasn't the 10 million dollar rumor squashed when Kaepernick himself told Shannon Sharpe he never asked for that and that his reps at that point hadn't even discussed numbers and someone was putting that out there?

EXACTLY

Dude ain't asking for 10M :smh:
Yea I don't know how figures have been made public already when dude hasn't even met anyone yet :lol:,thought it was bs

Someone was on Lebatard the other day and said dude just wants a camp invite.. willing to be a backup

Yea he ain't getting blackballed

Buc Em is going to regret getting excited about this signing when Fitz has one of his patented 4 interception games.

I am positive if Ryan Griffin, the guy who would be our backup if we didn't sign Fitz, had to get a start in an NFL game he wouldn't even throw for 150 yards and would probably throw at least three picks even with Mike Evans, D-Jax, OJ, Godwin, Humphries, Brate, Doug Martin, Sims and Jaquizz.

Last edited:
So nothing Charlamagne said added to the discussion? Charlamagne be seeking attention? Ya be going out of ya way on NT to call everybody lame
laugh.gif
mean.gif
In general, yes.  In regards to this specific topic it's already incredibly tired.  I don't see why anyone is still commenting on it 24 hours later.  Jason Whitlock inserted himself to get some attention and then Charlamagne saw the opportunity and hopped on too.  

Jason Whitlock already got ethered by Greg Howard.  That's been done.  

Last edited:

The season before this past one Fitzpatrick threw for 4,000 yards and 31 TD's leading your Jets to a 10-6 record while Kaepernick was busy getting benched for Blaine Gabbert for the first time.

This dude was holding out for major cash just last offseason as a starter. He had a rough year with a team that was a complete mess this past season once Decker went down and now we signed him for one year $3 million as our backup.

I'm cool with it.

So nothing Charlamagne said added to the discussion? Charlamagne be seeking attention? Ya be going out of ya way on NT to call everybody lame
laugh.gif
mean.gif
In general, yes.  In regards to this specific topic it's already incredibly tired.  I don't see why anyone is still commenting on it 24 hours later.  Jason Whitlock inserted himself to get some attention and then Charlamagne saw the opportunity and hopped on too.  

Jason Whitlock already got ethered by Greg Howard.  That's been done.  
Greg Howard doesn't have the platform nor the viewership nor the influence that Charlamagne has. And his wasn't reaching for a opportunity, Whitlock "threatened" him, just like Lavar was accused. Doesn't he have the right to defend himself?

How much are the Bucs paying Fitz, is that news out yet?

Jets paying him $5M not to be on the team :lol: :smh:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-colin-kaepernick-as-jameis-winston-backup/

Deferring to others the question of whether Colin Kaepernick and his 16 touchdown passes against four interceptions with 11 starts would have been a better choice for the Buccaneers than Ryan Fitzpatrick’s 12 touchdown passes against 17 interceptions with 11 starts, the question for now is whether the Buccaneers actively considered both players before signing Fitzpatrick. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, they did not.

And so the reported one-year, $3 million deal between the Bucs and the former Jets starter happened without Tampa Bay negotiating with Kaepernick as an alternative to Fitzpatrick, at $3 million or maybe even less. It’s for the Buccaneers to explain why they deemed Fitzpatrick to be a more desirable understudy to Winston than Kaepernick. A persuasive case could be made for either guy, depending on what the Buccaneers were looking for.

If the Bucs wanted to find a mentor for Winston, Fitzpatrick makes more sense. If the Bucs wanted a guy who will be in the best position to help the Bucs win games if Winston is hurt, Kaepernick may have made more sense.

Regardless, the Buccaneers made their choice without even using Kaepernick as leverage against Fitzpatrick.

Now tell me Kaep ain't being blackballed!

A mentor for a a guy who is entering his 3rd season and has started every possible game? They sure weren't thinking about a mentor when they offered $8 Millon a year to the less experienced Mike Glennon; a guy who has PLAYED in 7 fewer games than Jameis, ONLY 4 years older, and who has NEVER won ANYTHING?

BUT, BUT, BUT.... It's about fit........ Hell even PFT knows Kaep is better and more experienced that Fitztragic and Glennon.

.....And what exactly can Fitz "teach" Jameis? If I throw more interceptions, Imma make it look sexy *Kendrick voice*....

If ANYTHING, Jameis & Kaep have both faced off-field criticisms and he could benefit from the adversity Kaep has endured.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom