2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buc Em sounding like Buc Nasty doe
mean.gif
#NewAviAlert

I'd feel slight too, but if I was an objective observer, I'd realize I'm the problem and not Calvin.

I've had this argument with collector (whats his real screenname I want to @ ) and it doesn't change. I don't care how he went out; when he played, how could you not watch that man and think he wasn't one of the top few you've ever seen play the WR position? How?

I think it really came down to money. When CJ retired, the Lions were bitter about the decision, and went after the signing bonus they gave him. Other stars like Romo and Marshawn got to keep theirs when they retired. Jerry Jones went as far to call it the "Do Right Rule." Legally the Lions had the green light to go after the money, but morally, after all CJ did for the Lions and the Detroit community & and how other stars had been treated when they retired, they screwed him over.

Helped out at another Michael Bennett charity event last night. It's at point now where some these guys have seen me at these events before, so casual conversation doesn't seem forced from my end like I'm just another fan boy (not that it was, but they were more stand-offish before).

Anyway, I lost just a bit of respect for Romo after talking with Martellus Bennett. Everyone knows he's bff with Witten, but I guess Romo acts likes he's on that elite staus. From what I understood, Romo only gave you the time of day if you were his boy. On the field, he was respected, but hard to ride or die with, otherwise. Martellus also cut it short because it appeared like he knew he was young at the time he was with Dallas and almost unsure of how it could have been. I don't know. Just the look he had and he shook his head. I don't want to put words in his mouth though.

I asked him his thoughts on the early returns of Rodgers compared to Brady and aside from knowing both are great, he said Rodgers' swag was another level. Brady has it, but, "it's different." I told him next year I was going to ask him the same question with a full season with Rodgers under his belt. Interested to hear about it.

The Bennett bro's are great though and that's outside of their known foolishness. I'm not boys with them or anything close, but having done these events and being around them during the past 3 years or so, you can just tell.

P.S. Sidney Rice is enjoying retirement or rather, "it's been good." He lit up about the '09 season with Minnesota though

didnt-read.gif

Helped out at another Michael Bennett charity event last night. It's at point now where some these guys have seen me at these events before, so casual conversation doesn't seem forced from my end like I'm just another fan boy (not that it was, but they were more stand-offish before).

Anyway, I lost just a bit of respect for Romo after talking with Martellus Bennett. Everyone knows he's bff with Witten, but I guess Romo acts likes he's on that elite staus. From what I understood, Romo only gave you the time of day if you were his boy. On the field, he was respected, but hard to ride or die with, otherwise. Martellus also cut it short because it appeared like he knew he was young at the time he was with Dallas and almost unsure of how it could have been. I don't know. Just the look he had and he shook his head. I don't want to put words in his mouth though.

I asked him his thoughts on the early returns of Rodgers compared to Brady and aside from knowing both are great, he said Rodgers' swag was another level. Brady has it, but, "it's different." I told him next year I was going to ask him the same question with a full season with Rodgers under his belt. Interested to hear about it.

The Bennett bro's are great though and that's outside of their known foolishness. I'm not boys with them or anything close, but having done these events and being around them during the past 3 years or so, you can just tell.

P.S. Sidney Rice is enjoying retirement or rather, "it's been good." He lit up about the '09 season with Minnesota though

didnt-read.gif

Yeah you did. You ain't that funny, Ches.

Funny enough though. Redirect your shenanigans.

Last edited:

didnt-read.gif

My reps say otherwise.

giphy.gif

For real though, good story. :pimp:

Last edited:

didnt-read.gif

My reps say otherwise.

giphy.gif

Stupid is as stupid does and those that cosign have volunteered to be utter morons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom