2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does dude really dress zesty thou?

We've obviously seen his actions..

but can't remember dude pulling anything like cam.. or even pulling a Zeke with the crop top

Helped out at another Michael Bennett charity event last night. It's at point now where some these guys have seen me at these events before, so casual conversation doesn't seem forced from my end like I'm just another fan boy (not that it was, but they were more stand-offish before).

Anyway, I lost just a bit of respect for Romo after talking with Martellus Bennett. Everyone knows he's bff with Witten, but I guess Romo acts likes he's on that elite staus. From what I understood, Romo only gave you the time of day if you were his boy. On the field, he was respected, but hard to ride or die with, otherwise. Martellus also cut it short because it appeared like he knew he was young at the time he was with Dallas and almost unsure of how it could have been. I don't know. Just the look he had and he shook his head. I don't want to put words in his mouth though.

I asked him his thoughts on the early returns of Rodgers compared to Brady and aside from knowing both are great, he said Rodgers' swag was another level. Brady has it, but, "it's different." I told him next year I was going to ask him the same question with a full season with Rodgers under his belt. Interested to hear about it.

The Bennett bro's are great though and that's outside of their known foolishness. I'm not boys with them or anything close, but having done these events and being around them during the past 3 years or so, you can just tell.

P.S. Sidney Rice is enjoying retirement or rather, "it's been good." He lit up about the '09 season with Minnesota though.

Last edited:
Helped out at another Michael Bennett charity event last night. It's at point now where some these guys have seen me at these events before, so casual conversation doesn't seem forced from my end like I'm just another fan boy (not that it was, but they were more stand-offish before).

Anyway, I lost just a bit of respect for Romo after talking with Martellus Bennett. Everyone knows he's bff with Witten, but I guess Romo acts likes he's on that elite staus. From what I understood, Romo only gave you the time of day if you were his boy. On the field, he was respected, but hard to ride or die with, otherwise. Martellus also cut it short because it appeared like he knew he was young at the time he was with Dallas and almost unsure of how it could have been. I don't know. Just the look he had and he shook his head. I don't want to put words in his mouth though.

I asked him his thoughts on the early returns of Rodgers compared to Brady and aside from knowing both are great, he said Rodgers' swag was another level. Brady has it, but, "it's different." I told him next year I was going to ask him the same question with a full season with Rodgers under his belt. Interested to hear about it.

The Bennett bro's are great though and that's outside of their known foolishness. I'm not boys with them or anything close, but having done these events and being around them during the past 3 years or so, you can just tell.

P.S. Sidney Rice is enjoying retirement or rather, "it's been good." He lit up about the '09 season with Minnesota though.

Thats cool as hell breh, srs

TO tried to tell us about Romo

Thats cool as hell breh, srs

It is. Just talking about to them casually without their expectation of someone asking for autographs seems relieving on their end - espcially at these auction charity events when grown *** men scurry up to them with footballs they want signed. I still don't get that.

There were also the all-too-common, jersey-chasing cougars that were huddled up outside the volunteer room and asked I take a picture of them with Sid then Warren. With both I held up the camera and said say, "Gooo Vikings." Little amusement. After the picture, Moon said, "Go Daws!" and started barking like a weirdo. :lol:

With that, I knew Warren Moon was going to be there, so I finally made the plunge and rummaged through my old football cards that I haven't seen since I was in HS and had about 12 Moon's. Found the best 6 and my wife threw in his pile of "things for Warren Moon to sign" because it was for "charity." :lol:

I'm probably only keeping one or two just because they were my best Moon cards, but otherwise, I'm planning to find reasons to give them to kids or something.

He was pretty talkative with my wife, but he was talking about how he has a 10-year old son and he hasn't started football yet. He will in the next few years or so, but I asked about his worrying of the whole concussion thing. He wasn't worried at all. I thought to myself, if he has your quick release, I wouldn't be either, shhhiiii.

Last edited:
espcially at these auction charity events when grown *** men scurry up to them with footballs they want signed. I still don't get that.

With that, I knew Warren Moon was going to be there, so I finally made the plunge and rummaged through my old football cards that I haven't seen since I was in HS and had about 12 Moon's. Found the best 6 and my wife threw in his pile of "things for Warren Moon to sign" because it was for "charity." laugh.gif

:rofl: I cant knock it man

Cougars :evil:

Go Dawgs :pimp:

Probably the best that his kid is starting late, kinda crazy to think starting football at 11-12 is late :lol: but thats the culture we've grown up on

Last edited:
Forreal. I started at 8 years old, but I'm not sure what you can really gain starting that young, opposed to 3 or 4 years later. It created a whole new level competitive atmosphere for me, so that's good, but that still would have been there 4 years later. You're right though...New culture we're in.

Last edited:
Pabs: You'll laugh at this one though...Sidney Jones was there and for the life of me, I couldn't remember which one of he and King was drafted by the Packers, so I just went for it and assumed it was Sidney...I said assuredly, "Green Bay, huh? I'm a Vikings fan (as if he'd care)...Good luck!" At least he was polite, "that was my teammate, I was drafted by the Eagles." Me: "Well, good luck, then." ...He said, "thanks, 'preciate it" and walked away sipping the last of his liquor. I think he was just there to refill judging by the ice rattling in his glass when he sipped, but couldn't handle my lack of not knowing, so he dipped to the other side of the bar. :lol:

I know better that that. :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Pabs: You'll laugh at this one though...Sidney Jones was there and for the life of me, I couldn't remember which one of he and King was drafted by the Packers, so I just went for it and assumed it was Sidney...I said assuredly, "Green Bay, huh? I'm a Vikings fan (as if he'd care)...Good luck!" At least he was polite, "that was my teammate, I was drafted by the Eagles." Me: "Well, good luck, then." ...He said, "thanks, 'preciate it" and walked away sipping the last of his liquor. I think he was just there to refill judging by the ice rattling in his glass when he sipped, but couldn't handle my lack of not knowing, so he dipped to the other side of the bar. :lol:

:rofl:

:rofl:

Spurned by a kid by my own doing...Sucks, man. :lol: One of those, "not smooth, bro" moments.

Last edited:

:rofl: [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] too ready to drop that North division banter on someone

:rofl: [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] too ready to drop that North division banter on someone

Exactly what it was. It struck some good conversations, but gave a backwards K on the scorecard for that one.

I don't know if I posted about it last time, but Tyler Lockett is still the nicest, humblest kid ever. They still have that dude on the stage showing off cupcakes to auction. It's his niche.

He was hush on his leg, just said, "I'll play."

I don't know if I posted about it last time, but Tyler Lockett is still the nicest, humblest kid ever. They still have that dude on the stage showing off cupcakes to auction. It's his niche.

He was hush on his leg, just said, "I'll play."

Lockett is like Russ without the android personality

Cant wait till he's back on the field

Loved Lockett out of college.

Russ showed up for a bit too...i was chored with the autographed footballs that he was to toss to the winning bidder from the stage, so I was by his side for most the time he was there while we waited for his turn came up for auction item and the funniest part was when that same image of a grown man scurried up to Russ to sign his football and Russ signed it. A kid, came up, shook his hand and told him how much he loved him, Russ signed his football, then a drunk couger, not one from before, had a look in her eye that suggested she had an autograph in the bag...Russ turned to the event coordinator (who works with my wife's sister, which is why I'm even here) and at the same time of eyeballing the woman says, "There's another one coming..." (I smirked and turned my head away at this remark because he acted like homegirl was a bodyguard between him and some lifesucking zombie -- which, that she probably was) Event coordinator stops eager woman in her tracks and says we can't have anymore autographs because it's going to cause everyone to come swarm Russ for an autograph. She gave the most pathetic pouty face -- given the situation and with an already uncapped sharpie in her hand, it was pretty gosh damn pathetic and hilarious -- and yelled something about seeing him at Suncadia (resort in WA) and that she knows he he knows her....Ushered away. *******, man. :lol:

Last edited:

dope :pimp:

love Bennett and i've heard about the "beef" with the Romo/Witten bff'ship. but pretty cool that he actually discussed it with you. that's such a cool opportunity to give back AND have interactions with these dudes.

:lol: @ the Jones/King mixup and guess :lol:

Niketalk - "STOP SNITCHING BRUH SMH"

Good story doe :pimp:

Good story doe :pimp:

I had a very good sense that this would be brought up by certain folks. :smh: When you sense it, it's probably wrong, right?

Had he told me he ****** Gisele or Olivia Munn, I wouldn't have said anything...At that point, I would have only provided hints. :lol:

Nah, I felt this was common and real information that helps the portrayal of some these dudes that get lambasted in the lime light. Now you got me feeling bad.

I didn't even get to tell ya'll how John Schneider looked funny in the light.

Last edited:

Good story doe
pimp.gif
I had a very good sense that this would be brought up by certain folks.
mean.gif
When you sense it, it's probably wrong, right?

Had he told me he ****** Gisele or Olivia Munn, I wouldn't have said anything...At that point, I would have only provided hints.
laugh.gif

Nah, I felt this was common and real information that helps the portrayal of some these dudes that get lambasted in the lime light. Now you got me feeling bad.

I didn't even get to tell ya'll how John Schneider looked funny in the light.
You def didn't snitch or anything. You shared an experience and opportunity that most of us would have loved to have.

What all players where there? Any that you didn't name?

nthat.gif

Last edited:
Just got back from making a run.. was listening to espn radio

Celtics have been up all of 15 secs whole series.. 3 games

:smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom