2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just all agree that every recreational activity>the current state of the NBA

Can someone explain to me how the Patriots are less dominant and less guaranteed to make the Super Bowl than the Warriors

Warriors have to lose 4 games in a given series to NOT make the finals

Pats lose 1 game in the playoffs and they're out

What does that have to do with the fact the results are the same for both teams the last 3 years or that no team in the NBA has won more than the Patriots the last 16 years.

Last edited:
Let's just all agree that every recreational activity>the current state of the NBA

Can someone explain to me how the Patriots are less dominant and less guaranteed to make the Super Bowl than the Warriors

What does that have to do with the fact the results are the same for both teams the last 3 years or that no team in the NBA has won more than the Patriots the last 16 years.

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that there was a 10 year gap between New England's 3rd and 4th Super Bowl victories.

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that there was a 10 year gap between New England's 3rd and 4th Super Bowl victories.

What does that 10 year gap have to with recent history which is everyone in this thread is *****ing about and it's not like they fell off the face of the Earth ala the Lakers for 10 years. They made 2 other Super Bowls.

The statement was the NBA isn't entertaining Now because of the Warriors' dominance.

Barring injury the Patriots are just likely to make the Super Bowl as the Warriors were to make the Finals.

Hell they better now than 5 months ago.

4 Straight years the #1 seeds have met in the Super Bowl

14 out of the last 16 years Big Ben , Peyton Manning or Tom Brady won the AFC

This NFL anygiven Sunday **** ain't based in reality anymore

Last edited:
My 11yr old son has been playing soccer since he was 3. I still don't fully understand all the rules but his tournaments be lit AF. He got his nose busted during his last tournament game and was carted off to get tested for a concussion. He took seeing all that blood better than I would have.

He came back in the game during the 2nd half, scored 2 goals, then said how his nose hurt but it was cool to be carted off like a NFL player. I didn't know whether to be proud or concerned. :lol:

What does that 10 year gap have to with recent history which is everyone in this thread is *****ing about and it's not like they fell off the face of the Earth ala the Lakers for 10 years. They made 2 other Super Bowls.

The statement was the NBA isn't entertaining Now because of the Warriors' dominance.

Barring injury the Patriots are just likely to make the Super Bowl as the Warriors were to make the Finals.

Yet it still is because the NFC seemingly sends a different team to the SB every year. The AFC is more lopsided yet you're ignoring the fact that the Ravens won it recently and Peyton did it with two different teams.

The NFL is simply way more interesting than the NBA. I just don't know how you can make an argument against that. We knew which teams were going to make the NBA FInals before this season began. How many people knew the Atlanta Falcons would make the SB before the NFL season bgean last year, or the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos the season before that?

Last edited:
Its not just one team in the NFL dominating the Super Bowl for seasons on end like the NBA.

Having a great quarterback helps but its as much as a guarantee as having the best player in the NBA is.

Go Nashville
pimp.gif
**** Crosby
NHL playoffs > NBA playoffs

Yet it still is because the NFC seemingly sends a different team to the SB every year. The AFC is more lopsided yet you're ignoring the fact that the Ravens won it recently and Peyton did it with two different teams.

The NFL is simply way more interesting than the NBA. I just don't know how you can make an argument against that. We knew which teams were going to make the NBA FInals before this season began. How many people knew the Atlanta Falcons would make the SB before the NFL season bgean last year, or the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos the season before that?

Who thought the Mavs would win it in 2011 or the Warriors in 2015?

Before the season started both of those teams were bigger longshots in Vegas than when the Ravens won.

^ 2016 warriors, won 73 games the year before (most in history), had 3 all NBAers and a back to back MVP (first unanimous one in history)

They then added Durant, who also was an all NBAer and former MVP.. who was one of the primary reasons the thunder met the warriors in the western conference finals in 2016

The sixer/lakers finals is the epitome of the NBA vs the NFL.. single elimination tournament vs 7 games series in each round

2011 mavs had some entertaining games on the way to winning a title, they weren't an overwhelming favorite or force.. if the 2007 pats existed in the NBA well they probably have super bowl rings

Speaking of the Pats they've had legit challenges at various points during their playoff runs.. have had to adapt numerous times

First 3 super bowl wins, won by 3 each time.. lost the next 2 (inclusive of their most dominant team, the undefeated one)

Then won their 4th on a last min goal line stopping play

then had to come back from down 28-3 in the 5th one

That's just their games in the super bowl, they've had other challenges along the way

Last edited:
My 11yr old son has been playing soccer since he was 3. I still don't fully understand all the rules but his tournaments be lit AF. He got his nose busted during his last tournament game and was carted off to get tested for a concussion. He took seeing all that blood better than I would have.

He came back in the game during the 2nd half, scored 2 goals, then said how his nose hurt but it was cool to be carted off like a NFL player. I didn't know whether to be proud or concerned. :lol:

Little man a beast already :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom