2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
still stand by what I said, CP's the typical american with a short attention span that can't watch a strategic and tactical sport.

and idc if a baseball game is 4 hours, you have the chance of seeing a HR or base hit with every at bat. Not likely, but the point still remains.

most soccer attacking build up is slow, setting up tactics and set pieces to score. Way different that baseball. 

:lol:

Oh yoooooooou... iswydt.

But it actually proves my point, CP doesn't understand the sport only watching it once to his admission. Doesn't mean he's wrong in not liking it, that's just his opinion.

Now for him to say it's easy, yea. That's crazy... however he clarified his stance to say he's not a fan because of the 0-0 ties. He likes points on the board, does that make him wrong? No. But he could also educate himself on the human chess of it and what it actually brings to the table.

And on other's ends they could easily explain the tie and points systems. Could easily show the greatness of the Champions League (Liverpool) or a shoot out similar to hockey. The specific shifts and movements of an entire team. The anticipation and the crowds... but people would rather roast.

Doesn't mean that would change his mind in any which way, but it's education on both sides further bringing the people together.

Last edited by a moderator:
League power rankings
1. NFL
2. NHL
3. EPL/La Liga/Bundesliga,etc.
4. MLB

9001. NBA

MMA/Boxing is 1B. after the NFL.
UFC is pretty competitive as a federation/league.
Can't say the same about boxing, I find boxing as a sport to be real boring right now. Last time I watched was Money and Pac. That ish was boring even though Money schooled Pac.

I only care about soccer and baseball under very limited circumstances.. hell same goes for hockey too, I guess

Right now, after NFL I would probably put swimming and track as sports I would be inclined to watch.. since I watch meets periodically here and there

College football I only watch a handful of games and really really only the final 4 games.. NCAA bball, I check couple games here and there then couple games in the tourney and usually the final

NBA is now in that group with college football, NCAA bball, baseball, soccer and hell hockey.. if I'm out and it's I'll check it out, but I'm not going out of my way to watch

I'm way more invested in the NFL draft than any of those

League power rankings
1. NFL
2. NHL
3. EPL/La Liga/Bundesliga,etc.
4. MLB

9001. NBA

MMA/Boxing is 1B. after the NFL.
UFC is pretty competitive as a federation/league.
Can't say the same about boxing, I find boxing as a sport to be real boring right now. Last time I watched was Money and Pac. That ish was boring even though Money schooled Pac.

Then I don't think watch boxing, which isn't a knock but it's the most competitive it's been since the early 90s.

Do you have a Mayweather or Tyson true marquee/ppv name?... to the majority probably not. But we are living in a time where we might just be watching one of the best boxers to ever live in Lomachenko. You have Ward, Spence, Kovalev, GGG, Canelo, Keith Thurman and Terence Crawford. You have heavyweights like Big Baby, Parker, Wilder, and Anthony Joshua with Klitscheko still boxing. What's different now, is they are all fighting each other... in their primes. It's not years upon years after one or both fall off.

Great time to be a Boxing/MMA fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
boxing is about to have a mega fight this fall between GGG and Canelo tho..

Kovalev-Ward 2 on deck too

Klitschko - Joshua was one the best heavyweight matches I had seen in years
banderas.png

[thread="660753"]Andre Ward's hype has pretty much ended.[/thread]

He just "beat" Kovalev and has a rematch with him on the 17th.

I personally had Kovalev winning by 3 or 4 rounds if I recall especially with the knock down. Ward didn't turn it on until late. What people forget is Ward took a Lot of time off before Kovalev fight, timing and speed was off.

He still won, is top 3 in the world P4P, his hype is still there with a lot of people giving him the #1 P4P.

Oh yoooooooou... iswydt.

But it actually proves my point, CP doesn't understand the sport only watching it once to his admission. Doesn't mean he's wrong in not liking it, that's just his opinion.

Now for him to say it's easy, yea. That's crazy... however he clarified his stance to say he's not a fan because of the 0-0 ties. He likes points on the board, does that make him wrong? No. But he could also educate himself on the human chess of it and what it actually brings to the table.

And on other's ends they could easily explain the tie and points systems. Could easily show the greatness of the Champions League (Liverpool) or a shoot out similar to hockey. The specific shifts and movements of an entire team. The anticipation and the crowds... but people would rather roast.

Doesn't mean that would change his mind in any which way, but it's education on both sides further bringing the people together.

No, he just doesn't like that fraud *** game. :lol:

And I didn't really watch a soccer game, ever, please edit your post saying I did.

People like CP are the reason the US doesn't deserve to have a good national team

I really thought the German dude was going do good things.. not sure going back to arena is the way to go thou

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom