2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

I don’t watch college hoops.

I thought Carsen Edwards was our savior with his scoring? Why Thybulle? Heard he shot 80% from the line...is he at least capable offensively?

No idea why they didn’t keep Fernando.....
Also this doesn’t look good for Elton

Straight garbage. This front office is looking completely incompetent if Jimmy, Tobias and JJ aren’t signed back along with several other quality free agents for the bench.

We essentially gave away Carsen Edwards, Fernando and Bol Bol/Schofield for free.

I just don’t understand. Those 2nd rounders are non guaranteed. Could legit just stash them on the G-League team if we wanted to save money anyway.

So pissed Carsen Edwards of all players ended up on the Celtics in that trade with them using our pick.

This is going to be a long ****ing 9 days after this disaster of a draft.

I have a feeling in the very near future, as soon as summer league, we’re going to be even more pissed we literally just gave away Carsen Edwards, Bruno Fernando and anyone else we could have grabbed with those second rounders we could have had on cheap cost controlled contracts.

Now that I think about it, that quote could be in relation to him on the Clippers, a lot of young guys and didn’t do anything. And plenty of other teams with a super young core didn’t do anything. It’s cool to have young pieces but I’d rather see Embiid/Simmons take another leap with vets who know what to do than have too many young guys who would need PT. Plus I like Shake/Zhaire to contribute more

Sign Baynes after his buyout and find a cheap PG

Now that I think about it, that quote could be in relation to him on the Clippers, a lot of young guys and didn’t do anything. And plenty of other teams with a super young core didn’t do anything. It’s cool to have young pieces but I’d rather see Embiid/Simmons take another leap with vets who know what to do than have too many young guys who would need PT. Plus I like Shake/Zhaire to contribute more

Sign Baynes after his buyout and find a cheap PG

Nah this ain’t it.

Look at how the Warriors have managed it over the past few years while having their star players. Guys like Looney, Ian Clark, McCaw, McKinnie, Bell and Damian Jones have helped give them cheap dudes who can come in and compete.

Bucks were the #1 seed in basketball this year with Middleton, Brogdon, Ilyasova, Connaughton and Sterling Brown.

Raptors won the championship with FVV, Lin, Danny Green, Gasol, Siakam, McCaw and Norman Powell.

Nuggets were the #1 seed in the West most of the year with Jokic, Milsap, Monte Morris, IT, Barton and Torrey Craig.

These are all 2nd rounders and undrafted guys.

The Sixers summer league team has been completely horrendous for the past like 5 years for a reason. They don’t keep any of these draft picks to bring in potential players like this. It’s always 2-3 actual NBA players and then guys that will either be career G-Leaguers or not even good enough for that. We missed out on a huge opportunity to bring in quality cost controlled contracts on a team that is going to need them after maxing out 4 players. It’s very likely we’re going to be extremely pissed very soon watching Carsen Edwards and Bruno Fernando play well for the Celtics and Hawks.

We also have to keep in mind who our head coach is lol a guy notorious known to not play young guys lol

I’m probably higher on Shake and Zhaire than most and I’m sure they will contribute. Get Baynes after his buyout and resign JJ, Jimmy and Tobias. The only other hole would be back up PG and that’s where I wouldn’t be surprised if Shake is molded for that role

We also have to keep in mind who our head coach is lol a guy notorious known to not play young guys lol

I’m probably higher on Shake and Zhaire than most and I’m sure they will contribute. Get Baynes after his buyout and resign JJ, Jimmy and Tobias. The only other hole would be back up PG and that’s where I wouldn’t be surprised if Shake is molded for that role

Dude. If Shake ****ing Milton is our backup point guard going into our season then just don’t even bother maxing out Jimmy and Tobias. Dude barely even touched the court last year and you want him to be our primary backup point guard in a championship or bust situation.

Dude. If Shake ****ing Milton is our backup point guard going into our season then just don’t even bother maxing out Jimmy and Tobias. Dude barely even touched the court last year and you want him to be our primary backup point guard in a championship or bust situation.
I said I wouldn’t be surprised if he was, not that I want him to be. Put your shirt back on. The team is high on him. Had he not broke his hand in Feb, he wouldn’t been on the playoff roster. If I had choose between him and TJ, I’d rather have him but we do need a back up. Come playoff time, Jimmy would be primary secondary ball handler anyway.

Yes we missed out on cost controlled 2nd rounders but we also have UDFAs to look at. Bring in Aubrey Dawkins to camp. Shooter and good athlete

Back
Top Bottom