2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

From all accounts a good man and a solid coach but it was certainly time to move on. I’m sure he will end up on Pop’s bench next season and be given another head coach job down the line.

So thankful that they brought in Doc Rivers for an interview and didn't let him leave town without a contract! So happy he's here over "No Defense D'Antoni". And even Ty Lou wasn't someone I was super high on (though more so than D'Antoni). This just fits well and now, give him power to oversee player personnel. Brand sucks for the ****ty contracts he locked this team to (Horford and Tobi). Will be interesting to see how they move forward. But this is a HUGE positive in my eyes!

Posted this in the offseason thread:
Doc is overrated but I'm OK with the hire in comparison to Lue, MDA, Kidd. Was intrigued by Jay Wright because of Philly connection, but saw no reason for him to leave his cushy gig at 'Nova.

I'm a "swing for the fences" type guy, been tracking following names. Ime Udoka, Charles Lee, Jordi Fernandez, Mark Daigneault and Jamahl Mosley.

To add on, Elton needs to deliver us Buddy. Fractured relationship with Walton, the elite shooting we badly crave, Hield been liking Sixers social media content on IG. Hopefully the Kings are still enamored with Horford.

As for Tobi, we're not paying you $36M to hit two meaningless threes the entire Boston series. Getting swept was embarrassing, even without Ben. 2-15 from downtown simply won't cut it. I guess the hope is Harris has a previous relationship with Doc and played pretty well under him with LAC.

Looks like we are getting these as a jersey option this season. Ben been clamoring for them and they apparently owe him a jersey design for winning ROY. I’d prefer the skinny shoulders but these obviously symbolize a special era

Posted this in the offseason thread:
Doc is overrated but I'm OK with the hire in comparison to Lue, MDA, Kidd. Was intrigued by Jay Wright because of Philly connection, but saw no reason for him to leave his cushy gig at 'Nova.

I'm a "swing for the fences" type guy, been tracking following names. Ime Udoka, Charles Lee, Jordi Fernandez, Mark Daigneault and Jamahl Mosley.

To add on, Elton needs to deliver us Buddy. Fractured relationship with Walton, the elite shooting we badly crave, Hield been liking Sixers social media content on IG. Hopefully the Kings are still enamored with Horford.

As for Tobi, we're not paying you $36M to hit two meaningless threes the entire Boston series. Getting swept was embarrassing, even without Ben. 2-15 from downtown simply won't cut it. I guess the hope is Harris has a previous relationship with Doc and played pretty well under him with LAC.

Doc was way better of a selection than any of the others you listed. Definitely didn't want JKidd, and everyone has to get off that Jay Wright fascination. There is absolutely no possible way he would leave. He even admitted it. He'll never leave. He's got a job for life. And he's great for the school, program and kids. Runs a clean program and the kids graduate. Glad he stayed and I'm thrilled we got Doc & now Morey.

Really digging the new alternative jerseys the team unveiled.
sixers_city_edition_black_jerseys.width-600.png
ben_simmons_sixers_black_city_edition_jerseys.width-704.jpg
sixers_black_city_edition_jerseys.width-704.jpg

The rumor was that they were gonna bring back the 2000-2001 Iverson-era black & gold uniforms. But the one person in the team said he would never allow it. Ben Simmons has been pressing him for a black uniform for years and this is what they did. I freaking love them!!

As a huge fan of Boathouse Row (I have a huge picture on my 1st floor of our house) and how it looks when you go past the houses on the Schuylkill Expressway coming home from a game, it always looks so cool & peaceful. Especially when the water is still and the lights reflect off the river. So cool they decided to use something unique & different for their City jerseys. And the fact that the design wraps around the entire jersey is a nice touch. They even his the snake on the shorts (under a flap of jersey along the leg) and supposedly there is also TTP somewhere as well. I'm sold.

I still never got a new Embiid or Simmons jersey yet. Would have gotten Jimmy but he left (loved the Rocky theme jersey that year). This, I'm really hoping to find an authentic. I'm sure some are disappointed with them not doing the Iverson years jersey but I'm glad they went in this direction. Anyone else, what do you think.

I'm not a big fan of the jerseys personally. Boathouse Row just isn't that intriguing to me. I'm sure part of it is me being disappointed we aren't bringing back the Iverson era jerseys. It's wack that they made it seem like that's what they were teasing too.

Not feeling them and the way they teased us into thinking they would be similar to the AI era jerseys is wack. This is the first Nike Sixers jersey I’ve been disappointed in.

70B51472-3D26-46C5-81EA-39294185AAB8.jpeg

There’s the TTP on the jersey btw.

I'm not a big fan of the jerseys personally. Boathouse Row just isn't that intriguing to me. I'm sure part of it is me being disappointed we aren't bringing back the Iverson era jerseys. It's wack that they made it seem like that's what they were teasing too.

My thoughts exactly.

Back
Top Bottom