2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

This is all Brett. Sure the gm brings in the players but he plays them as if he has zero idea their skill sets

We’ve yet to see Tobi get it on the block and Jo setting a down screen....something that has always worked even with Simmons

Tough to think about what this roster could've/should've been with the pieces that were already in place and the draft capital that was wasted. Ultimately, the overlying factor is Brett. It's a combination of his failure to put guys in the right position to succeed, game strategy, and his decision to go star hunting. Players I like on this roster that fit with embiid IMO are Burks, Shake, Jrich, GRIII, Matisse(praying that his jumper continues to improve) and to some extent Tobias(or the idea of Tobias and not his contract).

Tough to think about what this roster could've/should've been with the pieces that were already in place and the draft capital that was wasted. Ultimately, the overlying factor is Brett. It's a combination of his failure to put guys in the right position to succeed, game strategy, and his decision to go star hunting. Players I like on this roster that fit with embiid IMO are Burks, Shake, Jrich, GRIII, Matisse(praying that his jumper continues to improve) and to some extent Tobias(or the idea of Tobias and not his contract).
The thing with Tobias is that he's more of a 4 than a 3. Perfect fit along side Ben & Jo IF Ben is shooting outside but if Ben wants to be in the dunkers spot and post, you're playing Tobias out of position. His skill set fits, contract no.

Tobias aint Ben with the court vision but he's a better FT shooter, simple things like posting Tobias and Jo setting a down screen for him to get in the lane. Things we know worked with Ben and can work with a better scorer in Tobias. But I'm done. We aint gonna see it with Brett still coaching

I like the idea of Tobias, which is completely different than what he's shown and the numbers he's produced in Philly. He's playing out of position the way this roster is currently built.

There were moments yesterday where there was actually good spacing, and one sequence in particular where Jo attracted the double team and kicked out to shake and he drilled the open three. There haven't been enough of those moments, but I'd have to blame everyone involved for that.

I like the idea of Tobias, which is completely different than what he's shown and the numbers he's produced in Philly. He's playing out of position the way this roster is currently built.

There were moments yesterday where there was actually good spacing, and one sequence in particular where Jo attracted the double team and kicked out to shake and he drilled the open three. There haven't been enough of those moments, but I'd have to blame everyone involved for that.
I mean what player outside of JJ hasnt regressed in Philly? Thats coaching. Whats crazy is that Jo has probably never ran a 2 man game with Shake or Tobias. What sense does that make lol more worried about making Kork a bomba than actually having a guy who can shoot and drive a bit

I mean what player outside of JJ hasnt regressed in Philly? Thats coaching. Whats crazy is that Jo has probably never ran a 2 man game with Shake or Tobias. What sense does that make lol more worried about making Kork a bomba than actually having a guy who can shoot and drive a bit
I was saying this the other day. Players that have improved during their time with the Sixers over the past years are very few and far between

Back
Top Bottom