2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

also if anyone wants the new Show Time hoodie, Lids f-ed up and priced them at $100 and not $150..

https://www.lids.com/philadelphia-76ers-nike-nba-mens-dry-showtime-full-zip-hoodie/20924474
nba-hoodie-nsssports-6.jpg

Those are fire. Wish I knew how they fit. They look like compression gear from that pic :lol:. Might grab an L and XL and return whichever doesn't work.

need the damn Authentic Shorts to hit. cant rock them weak practice ones

but yea that jacket fire, i just sent it in my group text think i got a few to cop it

Sixers' Saric accepts backup role

From this article, it looks like the lineup will be as follows:

PG: Futlz
SG: Redick
SF: Covington
PF: Simmons
C: Embiid

I personally like that lineup offensively for the Sixers as Simmons is surrounded by 4 shooters. The question now will be how Fultz and Simmons will hold on defensively.

I personally like that lineup offensively for the Sixers as Simmons is surrounded by 4 shooters. The question now will be how Fultz and Simmons will hold on defensively.

Spacing wise this makes a lot of sense so im cool with it. Saric will get starters minutes + finishing games + being the man in the second unit. 6th man of the year OTW soon

I woulda thought this was a forgone conclusion :lol:. Ben is a 4. Covington is one of the best defenders in the league...and can hit 3s.

That's a good lineup when they get the chemistry and experience down.

Anybody watch the Blue vs White scrimmage yesterday?

Simmons looks great running the break but I'm going to need to see him hit some damn jump shots at some point

Redick and Amir Johnson looked very, very good

Furkan was amazing. Pretty sure he hit every single shot he took and had close to 20 points

Dario was ridiculously good. Played really well with Simmons and was hitting threes from all over the place

Emeka Okafor and Humphries surprisingly looked really good :lol:

Jahlil Okafor looked much, much improved on both sides of the ball. Looks like he finally realized it's time for him to take his career serious

Fultz looked......lackadaisical IMO. I mean I don't know if he's one of those guys that only gets up for the real games or what but he just kinda was chillin out there and looked comfortable just being "a guy." I noticed it from him at times in Summer League where he'd be like that sometimes too but then get into stretches of the game where he wanted to take over. A concerning thing was when Bayless was guarding him he was literally giving him Rondo treatment giving him like 5 feet of space daring him to shoot the ball and he was still looking around to find somebody to pass to. Him doing that makes me believe that Fultz's shot hasn't looked the best in practice.

Yo we really signed Emeka Okafor :lol:

I heard him mentioned in a highlight video from the scrimmage but I thought they were just making reference to the fact he's related to Jahlil.

That's wild. Didn't even know dude still played.

Yo we really signed Emeka Okafor :lol:

I heard him mentioned in a highlight video from the scrimmage but I thought they were just making reference to the fact he's related to Jahlil.

That's wild. Didn't even know dude still played.

he sat out on his own the last few years, he had a serious neck injury

I watched some of the scrimmage on the stream. People are making a big deal about the hitch in Markelle's shot, thoughts? I think he just needs to get back to his old form. He's always seemed to not be as thorough or deliberate with his shot, noticeably on his ft's. He should be alright though

Anybody watch the Blue vs White scrimmage yesterday?

Simmons looks great running the break but I'm going to need to see him hit some damn jump shots at some point

Redick and Amir Johnson looked very, very good

Furkan was amazing. Pretty sure he hit every single shot he took and had close to 20 points

Dario was ridiculously good. Played really well with Simmons and was hitting threes from all over the place

Emeka Okafor and Humphries surprisingly looked really good :lol:

Jahlil Okafor looked much, much improved on both sides of the ball. Looks like he finally realized it's time for him to take his career serious

Fultz looked......lackadaisical IMO. I mean I don't know if he's one of those guys that only gets up for the real games or what but he just kinda was chillin out there and looked comfortable just being "a guy." I noticed it from him at times in Summer League where he'd be like that sometimes too but then get into stretches of the game where he wanted to take over. A concerning thing was when Bayless was guarding him he was literally giving him Rondo treatment giving him like 5 feet of space daring him to shoot the ball and he was still looking around to find somebody to pass to. Him doing that makes me believe that Fultz's shot hasn't looked the best in practice.

Yeah I don't like Fultz energy when he plays. He just floats around kinda lazily. Also I haven't been wowed by him tbh. He's solid but I think tatum may have been the better choice

Imnnot saying he's gonna get booed, but he may need to rev that motor up during the actual season or people may turn

And Simmons needs to work on that offensive side of his game

Also maybe it's just me but I don't like Covington at all. Defense is one thing but I need him to knock down every wide open shot he's gonna get. If not he's just gonna hurt Ben because we need reliable shooters

Last edited:
The thing that sketches me out the most about Fultz is that I'm friends with the former head coach and one of the assistant coaches of one of his rival high school teams that actually beat his team to win the city championship his senior year and they weren't really THAT high on him. They said they didn't see him as a #1 pick type of prospect and they thought their point guard (Immanuel Quickley who just signed with Kentucky) was better than him.

Granted...they still thought he was a very good player, just did not think he'd turn into a #1 pick. He was also kinda a late bloomer in high school. The head coach coached against Kevin Durant and a lot of the other top DMV talents to come out of there over the last like 10 years plus helped out with the LeBron James Skills Academy so he's seen a lot of talent.

Last edited:
The thing that sketches me out the most about Fultz is that I'm friends with the former head coach and one of the assistant coaches of one of his rival high school teams that actually beat his team to win the city championship his senior year and they weren't really THAT high on him. They said they didn't see him as a #1 pick type of prospect and they thought their point guard (Immanuel Quickley who just signed with Kentucky) was better than him.

How the hell Quickley and Fultz play against each other for a "city championship" :lol:. Fultz played in the WCAC and Quickley in the BCL/MIAA. Also, Fultz played private for Dematha and Quickley is 2 years younger than him....and played for John Carroll (which is in another county). Your friends got that story all mixed up :lol:. Edit. You probably mean Allhambara....which is a Catholic Invitational Tournament after the season. And Fultz and Dematha won that game.

http://www.times-news.com/sports/lo...cle_f17787da-f42a-5dc7-a36b-0398e83efc89.html

But ditto on people that have seen Fultz live not being impressed with him. My homeboy who lives down the street from Dematha has said multiple times he was unimpressed by Fultz (I take it with a grain of salt because he's just a flat out hater....and loves Billy Preston as a prospect). TBH...I wasn't impressed with Fultz when I first saw him either.....

But he was impressive as hell when at Washington. Fultz is the goods man. They game just comes easy to him. And he looks lazy at times. I wouldn't be worried at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom