2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

How the hell Quickley and Fultz play against each other for a "city championship" :lol:. Fultz played in the WCAC and Quickley in the BCL/MIAA. Also, Fultz played private for Dematha and Quickley is 2 years younger than him....and played for John Carroll (which is in another county). Your friends got that story all mixed up :lol:.

But ditto on people that have seen Fultz live not being impressed with him. My homeboy who lives down the street from Dematha has said multiple times he was unimpressed by Fultz (I take it with a grain of salt because he's just a flat out hater....and loves Billy Preston as a prospect). TBH...I wasn't impressed with Fultz when I first saw him either.....

But he was impressive as hell when at Washington. Fultz is the goods man. They game just comes easy to him. And he looks lazy at times. I wouldn't be worried at all.

I just remember he told me his team John Carroll won the city championship or whatever the last year he was head coach there with Quickley hitting the game winner at the buzzer, but I might have got the story mixed up as to when he played Fultz. They did play against each other that year but I didn't realize it wasn't for their championship.

He's neighbors with my mom and his assistant coach is the fitness director at my gym plus they coach at a school right down the street from me now so I'll ask for more info :lol:

I just remember he told me his team John Carroll won the city championship or whatever the last year he was head coach there with Quickley hitting the game winner at the buzzer, but I might have got the story mixed up as to when he played Fultz. They did play against each other that year but I didn't realize it wasn't for their championship.

He's neighbors with my mom and his assistant coach is the fitness director at my gym plus they coach at a school right down the street from me now so I'll ask for more info :lol:

Coach Martin outchea lying :lol:

http://www.times-news.com/sports/lo...cle_f17787da-f42a-5dc7-a36b-0398e83efc89.html

But it's all good. I've def heard that sentiment you have about Fultz around here. So I understand it.

Did you ever meet Tony out there?

Seen him from afar at games and tournaments etc. Smart coach.

Before they had shotclocks in the MIAA/BCL....dude used to hold the ball when he had the lead :lol:. Used to piss everybody off. Including the players on his own team.

Seen him from afar at games and tournaments etc. Smart coach.

Before they had shotclocks in the MIAA/BCL....dude used to hold the ball when he had the lead :lol:. Used to piss everybody off. Including the players on his own team.

He's turned around like three different programs and is in the process of doing it here too at this private school that had always been trash at basketball before he got there. He's getting some good *** foreign recruits for them now. Picked up two Canadians that are sophomores this year that could be really good.

Yea fultz motor had be bothersome, funny cause I was saying the same thing about deangelo Russell when he played his rookie yr. His motor literally mimics his personality. Just chill and relaxed

If Embiid stays moderately healthy the rest of his career that man is going to have a statue outside of the arena. I haven't seen a Philly athlete as loved as him in the city my whole life besides Iverson.

I'm cancelling all responsibilities for the season and home opener.

I can't wait. 4 years of suffering finally realized!

Edit: I lied. They got me on the schedule for a lousy 5-9 that Friday. :smh:

-Simmons was solid. Just has to work on that offensive game. But I'm not worried as it's his rookie season

- Covington may be good ok defense but he's 3 point shooting prowess is gone and we can't rely on him making open shots

- Jahlil played good. I'd rather see him with the second unit and next to Johnson. Wonder if people still are gonna trash him

- Holmes is garbage

- Fultz not looking like a starter. What happened to his shot?

This, it's freaking preseason :lol:
I know. But I haven't seen anything that's impressed me about Fultz so far. I'm not saying his career is over. But he doesn't look like a top draft pick. Ball and Tatum do. He's flopping all over the floor

And I've always said Covington and Holmes were buns so I don't see why preseason disputes that

Seen anything? He’s played one preseason game

He looked impressive in summer league til he got hurt

Vegan Jah looked good and showed some hustle.

It looked 90% mental for Fultz.

Vegan Jah looked good and showed some hustle.

It looked 90% mental for Fultz.

Vegan Jah looked phenomenal.

Meanwhile Holmes looked rough last night and in the scrimmage. Amir Johnson was basically destroying him on both ends of the court.

Vegan Jah looked phenomenal.

Meanwhile Holmes looked rough last night and in the scrimmage. Amir Johnson was basically destroying him on both ends of the court.

I hope that's just a rough stretch for Holmes. We will see what happens tonight. Let's see how Fultz bounces back.

Tonight's game vs Boston should be a fun one.

Not sure how I feel about Anderson. He keeps making these shots so I feel like you gotta keep him around.

Back
Top Bottom