2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

The lack of scoring instincts by Simmons is ridiculous. If he wants to be able to live up to his potential he's going to have to learn how to catch and shoot, hit a pull up jumper once in a while and especially be able to actually finish at the rim instead of just chuck some wild **** up.

Bayless, JJ and Amir all look like great free agent additions

Vegan Jah, Justin Anderson and TJ have played really well

I wanna see Furkan play with the starters and see how he looks. They keep throwing him out there with the scrub crew when he gets his minutes. Let him get out there with the starters and have some spacing.

I think with time both simmons and fultz are going to finish better around the rim as their balance, timing, and strength improves. there were a good amount of times ben sealed his man off in the post and could've had an easy score if his teammates found him, they need to make that a priority when they're in halfcourt sets and he has a smaller guy on him. He definitely needs to work on that jumper though.

I think with time both simmons and fultz are going to finish better around the rim as their balance, timing, and strength improves. there were a good amount of times ben sealed his man off in the post and could've had an easy score if his teammates found him, they need to make that a priority when they're in halfcourt sets and he has a smaller guy on him. He definitely needs to work on that jumper though.

Even when he has gotten the ball in the post or the short corner while getting position on his man he just seems to either pass the ball away or jump in the air and throw up some weak wild **** at the rim.

Look at how Jayson Tatum looked tonight and in summer league...that's a future All-Star right there. He has "it." That kind of smoothness to his game and ability to take over is what I'd expect of a #1 pick. Fultz and Simmons have a LOT to live up to after we were spoiled with Embiid and Dario last year. I want them to be great but I'm gonna keep on being real about what I'm seeing on the court.

I'm praying that is the main only reason he is switching his form for now.

Can't help but laugh at how good he is when you watch him play. Happened multiple times last night.

to think a couple of years back people were debating trading Jah and Embiid and keep Noel...

to think a couple of years back people were debating trading Jah and Embiid and keep Noel...
It's a get buckets league and we kept the two guys who can get buckets. Unfortunately, one of those two give em up just as easy lol

It's a get buckets league and we kept the two guys who can get buckets. Unfortunately, one of those two give em up just as easy lol

Okafor has shown some fight in him this preseason on defense and is moving out there like a whole new person. Maybe his distant cousin's presence inspired him or some **** but I like it :lol:

I was surprised as hell when he sprinted down the court to get that hard foul on the dude to prevent a layup

Yeah Okafor looks like he has some hustle now. Still not sure how that will translate come the regular season.

Don't care what anybody says, I'd 100% rather keep TJ Mconnell over Bayless any day of the week

Also everything rests on Embiids shoulders. When he's in the game, they play better defense and the offense opens a lot more

Also if Dario is on he's great. But I gotta see if he's that accurate from 3 during the normal season. If so, I may actually start him( embiid Dario Simmons redick Covington)

Also can't wait for Bolden to come over.

Bolden's game is nice and he will be a great addition to the team.

So is this what ya'all expected from Simmons or was he underwhelming? There are a couple of surprises that struck me:
  • Pro: He is incredibly fast, especially for his height. He will use that to his advantage.
  • Pro: His passing is elite from the get go
  • Pro: He takes advantage of the missmatch pretty well, especially with posting up opposing guards
  • Con: Minimal scoring instinct, I thought it was just with his jump shot, but if he's not in transition, he's not a threat
  • Con: I think it will take some time before his game can truly elevate his team mates the way Nash and JKidd did - it's a lot to ask from a rookie so I predict he will get better as the season goes on
As for Fultz, his whole game is mind boggling at the moment, I'm telling myself he is just experimenting in the pre-season, let's see how he plays when fully healthy.

Yeah Okafor looks like he has some hustle now. Still not sure how that will translate come the regular season.

The best case scenario I see is that he plays his way to a trade. He's a good kid, I hope he goes somewhere he can flourish.

The best case scenario I see is that he plays his way to a trade. He's a good kid, I hope he goes somewhere he can flourish.

He's handled all the things surrounding him with class. Will always respect the kid for that.

Ahh! I just got tickets to the Sixers Raptors game in Toronto but just realized it's the second game of a back to back.

Does Embiid still have his minute restrictions/ not playing back to back??

Ahh! I just got tickets to the Sixers Raptors game in Toronto but just realized it's the second game of a back to back.

Does Embiid still have his minute restrictions/ not playing back to back??

We have no clue yet

Back
Top Bottom