2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That last possession was pure gold. Up 13 with 10 seconds and cp playing full defense on ingles just to have capela send him and say get that **** out of :rofl: Then to have harden yell something at capela for 5 seconds :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Btw anyone know what harden was yelling at him? lol

DeRozen proved that you can change your game up at his age and get better, regardless of how this series is turning out. Lowry basically improved his diet and that's about it. Thighs don't rub together anymore but he's pretty much the same player he was years ago. Those are the two you break up before Portland and the Wizards, but Portland is in a terrible spot as well with all those contracts.

That last possession was pure gold. Up 13 with 10 seconds and cp playing full defense on ingles just to have capela send him and say get that **** out of :rofl: Then to have harden yell something at capela for 5 seconds :pimp::pimp::pimp:

"wait till we land in houston. i'm finna get u 3 big booty ho's"

which guard duo get split up first,,, toronto? portland or washington ?
Portland

Dekobe
Screenshot_20180506-221620.jpg
Not with that contract

Again...at Lowry's age and with the contract he has...he's not going anywhere.
This

Portland gonna have to dump one of Dame/cj
To get out of one of their other bad deals and lessen that luxury tax hit

I thought he was just screaming at him, not any actual words.

It was a great ending for sure.

Funny after all the parity talk, both conference Finals are going to be the favorites from the beginning of the season.
The East will be up for grabs though next season. The West and perhaps the league will still have to wait out GSW but in a few years money will become an issue. Their reign will be up by then if not sooner, with the Rockets seemingly threatening

Even Houston themselves aren't a guarantee to dominate for years to come

Parity is definitely a real thing, it'll become apparent as early as next season

just please dont let it be a warriors cavs finals again. ish is played.

As each season goes by its going to be more and more frustrating how much Durant ruined the league from an entertainment perspective. If Durant stayed or went elsewhere along with the emergence of someone like Houston or whoever next, there's a good chance we would have seen some teams beat the Warriors and have some variation in the Finals with qaulity competition. At the very least there would have been a really really good and competitive rivalry between Bron and Warriors going back forth providing some variation.

The league has had some entertaining parity outside of literally just the Warriors. Ive found these playoffs to be entertaining but its super whack that everyone knows the Warriors will beat the Cavs in 5. You'll see LeBron individually play like the goat against an anomaly goat team because of KD but with it being so extremely predictable the entertainment is being spoiled.

Ive said some things about the Rockets and Harden in the past but im willing to root for them to prove me wrong just to see a competitive Finals.

Last edited:
Outside of a combination of things that are required to happen at the same time which is unlikely, im under the impression its Houston or bust for LeBron to leave. And if I had to guess him staying in Cleveland is more likely than Houston.

Something would have to happen that LeBron is absolutely certain it will be worth leaving for otherwise there's no point in him leaving a place where he is a god with a god legacy. You never know though.

its funny to think some people think its every teams goal to win a chip/contend. these owners eating regardless.

this. at the same time, even when you want to compete (blazers, jazz, lakers, etc) it is very difficult to even lure the elite guys that can turn a franchise around and most teams end up having to spend that money on whoever is left. you cant tell me a guy like paul allen isnt willing to spend. how many consecutive summers have they've been unable to even get an interview from the best guys? at some point do you save money and field a losing team or just go out there win a bunch of gms and have the fans enjoy a decent product and fill the seat

I still believe either LA team is in play due to Paul George and just having an LA lifestyle

Still won't rule out something completely out of left field either, the NBA has a way of doing that

I still believe either LA team is in play due to Paul George and just having an LA lifestyle

Still won't rule out something completely out of left field either, the NBA has a way of doing that

Been telling people don't be surprised if PG ends up on the Clippers. He's "
noah.png
noah.png
" for the LA lifestyle, not purple and yellow. I don't blame him either, Boiling Crab was amazing.

The gap between 1-2 and the rest of the West this season was staggering.

That, plus seeds 3-9 weren't all that much better than each other. The Wolves finished 8th mostly because Jimmy Butler missed a chunk of the season. With him, I think they were about as high as a 3rd seed. And the Blazers honestly were more of a 6-7th seed, cause they really just took advantage of a lot of the other West's teams injuries.

Last edited:
I've been annoyed to be working during some of these great games as of late... but Brad Stevens is a genius. I don't think his talent or ability as a coach is overhyped, but he's a special coach.

If LeBron's playoff run and his play this season doesn't end in a championship, I'll be disappointed. I know it's a longshot, but even if he doesn't win this season, he has been unbelievable and a true joy to watch. It's just out of this world.

I've been annoyed to be working during some of these great games as of late... but Brad Stevens is a genius. I don't think his talent or ability as a coach is overhyped, but he's a special coach.

If LeBron's playoff run and his play this season doesn't end in a championship, I'll be disappointed. I know it's a longshot, but even if he doesn't win this season, he has been unbelievable and a true joy to watch. It's just out of this world.

lebron's 2018 playoff run has been entertaining and remarkable but if there's anything that disappointing 73-9 warriors' season has taught us, it's that all the stats and accomplishments are quickly dismissed and forgotten if there's no championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom