2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, people in here inventing scenarios about who can beat the Warriors.
The Warriors won a championship in 2015. Then they went 73-9 in 2016. Then Durant the coward joined them. In other words, you'd have to have a team right now that is as good as the pre-Durant 73-9 Warriors with enough space to sign a top player, and only then can you talk about that team + LeBron or that team + Kawhi beating the Warriors. And as everyone who isn't a moron knows, right now there is no such team.
This way you're only speculating and firing shots in the dark. LeBron on the Sixers might work. It might not. Kawhi on the Celtics might work. It might not. The diffrence is that we know the Warriors worked to begin with, prior to Durant.

Personally, I don't think that a team that can beat the Warriors can be assembled, unless you have multiple superstars take like 70% pay cuts in order to create a super team, which ain't happening. And even then there would be an element of mystery of how the chemistry would be between those superstars. We knew that Curry-Draymond-Klay had a 73-9 chemistry. Durant didn't have to add to that chemistry. All Durant had to do is not to flat out ruin that existing chemistry and offer 5% more than whatever it was Harrison Barnes brought to the table.

Let's give Bob Meyers some more credit after this little hatred rant... homegrown talent then upgrades the small forward position with a superstar and the Warriors are the best team ever.. Bravo Mr. Meyers..

Let's not forget they are all under the salary cap

I don't know seems like they did it the right way to me... and let's not start the name calling on Durant because there was so many other guys that jumped ship to try and win a championship .. if you hear Garnett he even said he wish he did it sooner... who are you AND WE as a fan to tell these guys where and when to go ?

Let's give Bob Meyers some more credit after this little hatred rant... homegrown talent then upgrades the small forward position with a superstar and the Warriors are the best team ever.. Bravo Mr. Meyers..

I don't know seems like they did it the right way to me... and let's not start the name calling on Durant because there was so many other guys that jumped ship to try and win a championship .. if you hear Garnett he even said he wish he did it sooner... who are you AND WE as a fan to tell these guys where and when to go ?

No one is trying to dictate to these people, as men, where they should play basketball. Obviously there's a whole slew of human factors including
comfortability with ownership, roll and also if you enjoy living a certain location. What we're saying as fans is that it's very obvious that Kevin Durant doesn't have that Alpha Dog mentality that most of the top players in history had and we hold it against him when ranking him against the all-time greats.

At the end of the day, Kevin Durant has to do what's best for Kevin Durant but it's fans we reserve the right to judge him for it. That's just part of sports.

Also, They're way over the cap btw
https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/GSW.html

Harrison Barnes had me heated for weeks after the finals that year.
The year I wanted his playoff game re-appear, it never did.

So frustrating to see him out there and be ineffective in the FINALS. He became the Andris Biedrins of the team, smh.

Warriors are not under the cap.

Where the hell was I going after the Warriors organization? They did what they could in order to get better. And they built themselves what is probably the best team ever. Props to their managment.

:lol: @ using Kevin Garnett as an example. The same Kevin Garnett who refuses to speak to Ray Allen because he joined the Celtics' rivals the Heat in the twilight of his career to be a mere role player? And you expect his statement to justify the ***** made Durant's move who joined a 73-9 team that beat him while he was still in his prime?

Where the hell was I going after the Warriors organization? They did what they could in order to get better. And they built themselves what is probably the best team ever. Props to their managment.

:lol: @ using Kevin Garnett as an example. The same Kevin Garnett who refuses to speak to Ray Allen because he joined the Celtics' rivals the Heat in the twilight of his career to be a mere role player? And you expect his statement to justify the ***** made Durant's move who joined a 73-9 team that beat him while he was still in his prime?

Exactly, no one is knocking The Warriors ownership or management. They've done maybe the greatest job of talent evaluation ever. They assembled and all-time great, 73 win team without a single top 5 draft pick. It's almost the antithesis of "the process" in that regard.

They were also way ahead of the rest of the league as far as understanding the analytics of basketball. Everyone how great the Warriors have been, and I think they received enough credit without us having to restate it. We're solely criticizing Kevin Durant.

giphy.gif

Watching lebron fans cry about stacked teams & "ruining" competition :lol::lol:

You guys really think Kawhi is leaving the spurs?? He would be walking away from at least $70 mil if he left since the spurs are the only ones who can give him a supermax contract. I just don’t see him leaving.

So you just mad about kd joining the warriors.. there is a boatload of trucks loaded with you type of fans crying haha

Exactly, no one is knocking The Warriors ownership or management. They've done maybe the greatest job of talent evaluation ever. They assembled and all-time great, 73 win team without a single top 5 draft pick. It's almost the antithesis of "the process" in that regard.

They were also way ahead of the rest of the league as far as understanding the analytics of basketball. Everyone how great the Warriors have been, and I think they received enough credit without us having to restate it. We're solely criticizing Kevin Durant.
Exactly so why all the hate instead of respect is what I don't get.. and using KD as a scapegoat is a no no

giphy.gif

Watching lebron fans cry about stacked teams & "ruining" competition :lol::lol:

LeBron's team was so "stacked" that both NBA analysts as well as Vegas odds makers picked Durant's 2011-12 Thunder to beat them:

xexdB.png

Thunder2.png

The desperation of LeBron haters to equate what LeBron did to Durant's ***** move. :rofl: Dat mental gymnastics in an attempt to alter history. But I just posted the proof above. The fact is that the Heat weren't considered nowhere near as good as these Warriors, who were picked by everyone to win the next 4-5 championships the day Durant signed with them. LeBron won two NBA Finals series as an underdog - something that coward Durant will never do once.

Last edited:
LeBron's team was so "stacked" that both NBA analysts as well as Vegas odds makers picked Durant's 2011-12 Thunder to beat them:

xexdB.png

Thunder2.png

The desperation of LeBron haters to equate what LeBron did to Durant's ***** move. :rofl: Dat mental gymnastics in an attempt to alter history. But I just posted the proof above. The fact is that the Heat weren't considered nowhere near as good as these Warriors, who were picked by everyone to win the next 4-5 championships the day Durant signed with them. LeBron won two NBA Finals series as an underdog - something that coward Durant will never do once.

Not saying I'm on either side here, but using "analyst" picks to support an argument is weak

Yeah, what Lebbywinks and KD did are nothing alike. Not sure why that’s even a real conversation. :lol:

KD joined the team that took his soul when his team was up 3-1. The same team that was historically great that year and won a championship the prior year.

The 2009-2010 Miami Heat lost in the 1st round of the playoffs the year before Bron and Bosh headed south. Lebby also left a team that had the best record in the NBA the year he left.

Definitely not even remotely close to the same scenario.

Yeah, what Lebbywinks and KD did are nothing alike. Not sure why that’s even a real conversation. :lol:

KD joined the team that took his soul when his team was up 3-1. The same team that was historically great that year and won a championship the prior year.

The 2009-2010 Miami Heat lost in the 1st round of the playoffs the year before Bron and Bosh headed south. Lebby also left a team that had the best record in the NBA the year he left.

Faxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
F kd
F bronophobics

Reactions: HIM
It’s honestly pathetic that people try and convince themselves of that argument. Why not just say “Yeah, LeBron and Durant both did it but it’s cool?”

No, you have to be that deluded of a homer fan than you can make a justification to praise LeBron and attack Durant for doing the same thing.

Instagram-ESPN-be-like-nbamemes-0aac81-01.jpeg

Essentially Lebron went somewhere to build something, albeit a very quick build given the talent of Wade and Bosh. Can’t forget Ray in there, too.

KD decided to ride the coattails of an already great team that had ran circles around the NBA for 2 previous season. That doesn’t take away from him being arguably the best player in the world right now b/c his skills speak volumes. But yeah—it ain’t the same.

Just for fun, imagine folks in S&T if Lebby decided to go to GS after losing to them in the Finals. NT would’ve imploded. :lol:

It’s funny people want to call out the rockets as if they have half the talent GS does. They built a roster to compete but damn counting on old *** cp3, pj tucker and ariza versus in their prime klay dray and Steph. KD and harden ain’t even a wash because harden can be awful on defense.

yep KD is a killer but the point of that is to show that "iso ball doesn't work for the rockets" is such a stupid misconception stated by plenty of people here during the course of the game. in actuality, harden dominated with it (and KD) and we fail outside of it cause the other guys can't really create for themselves (except gordon at times) and thrive off cp3/harden. W's switch everything so they shut down all of our cuts/drives/screens off-ball when it wasn't an immediate iso.

again, KD is the x-factor, as stupid as that sounds. myself and others have stated this many times prior to the series. when he's on, we basically have no margin for error. no other team does either, in fairness. our big 3 pretty much outplayed theirs (steph/klay/draymond) but KD is the 2nd best player in the world for a reason.

No. It didnt work because clearly, those isolation players weren't doing anything to get them out of the hole. This is one of those times where barbershop Boyz are right. Watch the game. Houston kept isoing and it literally never mattered. Efficiency is great but if it doesn't result in a win.....is it important? Sure KD was balling but the result is the same if Steph is on. They don't NEED KD to get them 40 a night to beat y'all. They just need two to show up. They got that last night. And frankly Steph didn't play bad himself. Furthermore, if what you are saying was accurate... Houston needs to iso 60% of the game.... scoring at the clip they did yesterday, 4 times. Golden State just needs to keep moving the ball. Sure iso ball was efficient but it wasn't effective which is why people said, it doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom