2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see you guys ***** and complain about ****: some of you wouldn’t stand 1 week in these athletes shoes. If y’all were in their situations, y’all would do the same ****.

Get over it.

I remember someon mentioning this last night—KD got so frustrated playing with Westbrook he knownlingly took the backlash which was eminent and decided to go to GS anyway. That **** is so baffling to me. These NBA guys care about their legacy’s and have inflated egos. KD looked past all that. Why? He couldn’t stand to play with Westbrook any longer. Idk about y’all, but that’s hilarious to me.
He went from the worst passing team in the league to probably the best passing team. I think it’s pretty obvious he knew what he wanted at that point.

Not saying I'm on either side here, but using "analyst" picks to support an argument is weak

Yeah....that OKC Thunder Team was ahead of schedule. Spurs had no business getting backswept by the baby thunder :lol:.

They were Vegas favorites because of how they played the last 4 games of the WCF. But Miami was The “basketball” favorites. What happened should’ve happened.

kobebryant1 (1).jpg

He went from the worst passing team in the league to probably the best passing team. I think it’s pretty obvious he knew what he wanted at that point.

And what happened afterwards? We as NBA fans were treated to the single most greatest ego trip by one man. What a time to be alive.

Yea I don’t think anyone is saying those Heat teams are as good as these Warriors.

But the point is that LeBron thought they would be.

Saying Pat Riley could play the point, proclaiming 8 consecutive titles, etc.

Then reality happened. But when they built that team they did not expect any resistance from the opposition

Bolded for emphasis. I think 2011 was the reality check for them. Laughing at Dirk while up 2-1, predicting 8 straight titles......Bron thought it would be EASY. And it’s was....to an extent.

Bron fans can’t be heated at what KD did. He improved on what Bron was trying to do.

Can we just take a look at how Steve Kerr, Durant's HEAD COACH, views his role on this team - reminder this is suppose to be a clear cut hall of fame player:

"Kevin is the ultimate luxury because a play can break down and you can throw him the ball and he'll get you bucket as well as anybody on earth. Kevin, you know, this why we - I mean this is why anybody would want him on their team. You know if think about a couple years ago, we're in the finals and we couldn't get over the hump, and Kevin's the guy that puts you over the hump..."

Well duh of course he puts you over the hump he's only a freaking top 3 player in the damn league. And what a slap in the face to a team that won 73 GAMES! Couldn't get over the hump? I read that quote and it screams that they just eliminated the competition. The Warriors team is so stacked that it can BS the entire reg season and just turn up in the playoffs.

I also said these exact same words during the game last night:
Durant is a great player, but damn his job is so easy
You watchin this game fam? He’s definitely carrying the warriors tonite. Dont matter who’s guarding him, he’s cookin. Off Iso’s, picks, pull up threes. Folks were trynna convince each other that pj tucker and luc mbah a moute were supposed to be the difference maker :lol:
I did fam, amazing game from him but this is the luxury this team has.

Last edited:
KD is still getting slandered Now, people claim he's "riding coattail" while averaging 35,8,5 on 55/47/92 :lol::lol: againt some people "GOAT"

But he didnt create it

I cant wait for the justification when lebron does the same damn thing this summer. Lebrons been front running half his career but when someone else does it "this is ridiculous, I cant believe someone would do that. Completely ruins the NBA."

I remember someon mentioning this last night—KD got so frustrated playing with Westbrook he knownlingly took the backlash which was eminent and decided to go to GS anyway. That **** is so baffling to me. These NBA guys care about their legacy’s and have inflated egos. KD looked past all that. Why? He couldn’t stand to play with Westbrook any longer. Idk about y’all, but that’s hilarious to me.

Orrrrrr he seen an opportunity to join a team who plays a style IDEAL to his skill set in a major city & opportunity to be a HOF in a sporty dynasty.

But he didnt create it

I cant wait for the justification when lebron does the same damn thing this summer.

Word. If he does go to HOU, 65 win team with the reigning MVP and possibly another all NBA performer this season in CP0 we'll see if this "over the hump" ish is celebrated or villified.

So we gonna pretend that if Lebron decided to join the Warriors after losing to them in the Finals that you dudes wouldn’t still be slandering him for it?

Bron started the ****. Once he did that, won 2 chips and the world considered him the 2nd best player ever after those 2....all bets were off. It didn’t matter anymore :lol:. Just win.

As Draymond so eloquently put it.....”You started it bro”

:pimp:

Word. If he does go to HOU, 65 win team with the reigning MVP and possibly another all NBA performer this season in CP0 we'll see if this "over the hump" ish is celebrated or villified.

Nope we will see the James Harden isn't that Good & Not a winner, CP3 is washed up & a shell of himself, Capella just catches lobs, Houston team has no depth... from the same people who were just Calling on Hou as the team to dethrone the Warriors.

33145254-9786-4C3E-A8CD-6F0A5CF7BE0C.gif

Come up for air every once in awhile.

Lebron himself though he was winning not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, and not seven.

Either way both players went to a better scenario. The only difference is KD did it right. Lebron picked a bunch of people who dont mesh with his playing style.

Nope, the only difference is that LeBron went to a scenario that was still unpredictable and had people talking about how a LeBron-Wade-Bosh trio would work while Durant joined a 73-9 sure thing that worked to begin with and had people saying you might as well shut the NBA down for the following 5 seasons.

If "going to a better scenario" means that LeBron and Durant did was the same thing, then that means just about everyone who has ever signed with a different team throughout NBA history did the exact same thing as Durant. Everyone who changes teams as a free agent goes to a better scenario. But only ring chasers in their late 30s try to join sure things so they can win before they retire.

:lol: people are sick man. When lebron put himself in the best possible scenario to win it was cool someone else does it and lebron can’t win it’s a problem. They both took the easy way out, deal with it. Bron won 2 rings and people started proclaiming him goat etc. kd seen that and wanted parts. Bron wish he could’ve did what kd did. He did what bron did but actually did it right.

Nope, the only difference is that LeBron went to a scenario that was still unpredictable and had people talking about how a LeBron-Wade-Bosh trio would work while Durant joined a 73-9 sure thing that worked to begin with and had people saying you might as well shut the NBA down for the following 5 seasons.
Let me roll my eyes till they fall outta my head at this revisionist scenario.

NOTHING was unpredictable, everyone knew the moment they made that decision this was the greatest collection of talent in a generation and expected them to stomp the league out. You acting like teams weren't putting all their chips into landing JUST BOSH to try and change their franchise trajectory. Remember... "not 5, not 6..."

No matter how much ya'll and change the narrative it wasn't that long ago and memories don't fade that quickly.

KD is still getting slandered Now, people claim he's "riding coattail" while averaging 35,8,5 on 55/47/92 :lol::lol: againt some people "GOAT"

Exactly, just like they would be saying Michael Jordan was riding coattails had he joined the Detroit Pistons in 1988 even though he would be putting up even better numbers than Durant and winning automatic Finals MVPs with the Pistons.

:lol: people are sick man. When lebron put himself in the best possible scenario to win it was cool someone else does it and lebron can’t win it’s a problem. They both took the easy way out, deal with it. Bron won 2 rings and people started proclaiming him goat etc. kd seen that and wanted parts. Bron wish he could’ve did what kd did. He did what bron did but actually did it right.

Dude what? That Heat team could and DID get beat. This GSW team has lost something crazy like 4 GAMES! in the post-season since KD got there. LeBron didn't completely destroy the competitive balance in the NBA, he had to deal with DWade having the worst 4 year stretch health-wise in his entire career, Bosh injured at times too. So basically all LeBron did was get Bosh, a constantly injured Wade and above average players compared to what he had in Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom