2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 games in and its looked good. If it happens again tonight it’s not anomalie in the least :nerd: lots of pressure on Steph to make magic happen right now. I’ve seen what happens to him under those type of lights :nerd:

Homecourt wont matter anymore if the Rockets show that they can win in Oracle in the playoffs.
but the warriors already won in the toyota center so theyshowed they can win on the road as well

They building the Donicic hype to levels that’s gonna be hard to reach ...then ppl gon complain bout him being a disappointment or not as good as advertised

Hate when the media does this

Idk man...still feel like dude is gonna be food at the next level. NBA a different beast. He better find his way to the spurs. Otherwise....I don't see it.

they said prospect tho, not best euro player ever :lol:

he could be legit, hes a kid... literally. Highly doubt hes gonna jump into the league and dominate, that would be amazing but chances of that are slim to none. Hes gonna need a few years but I personally think he could be a legitimate player.

could he be a bust? of course. we've seen players show more than him and amount to absolutely nothing in the league. Same thing can happen to him or anyone else.

if teams or even us could tell the future then we wouldn't even be sitting here discussing anything.

19 isn’t 22. Dubs haven’t had a tied series since they choked under pressure in the 2016 finals :nerd:

That’s the problem, they can’t hide Steph on defense. Steph HAS to play defense or GS will collapse its defensive schemes and get beaten by 15+ for the rest of the series. The irony is Rockets are attacking Steph’s attrition. They want him to over exert on defense from the isos they’re running even if it doesn’t end in a bucket. The longer this series goes the more mortal Steph will look.
I mean other adjustments are going to be made. There will be counterplay. You can't assume Game 2 will speak for the series.

I mean other adjustments are going to be made. There will be counterplay. You can't assume Game 2 will speak for the series.

I’m looking at games 1 and 2 along with the season meetings. The Rockets seem better tuned to the Warriors style of play than the Warriors are to theirs. It’s why Kerr has had to adjust so much on the offensive end and will have to do it again today. There is a series to be played however.

I’m looking at games 1 and 2 along with the season meetings. The Rockets seem better tuned to the Warriors style of play than the Warriors are to theirs.
I don't agree with this one. I feel the opposite, actually—especially if Curry is hitting is shots. But like you said there's a series to be played. MIke Dantoni did a real good job gameplanning for Game 2 and I expect Kerr to do the same for 3.

Kerr’s definitely going to have someone else switch on to Curry’s man as soon as Curry’s man starts jogging towards Harden to set screen. Brad Stevens did this a ton last year with IT when teams tried to get him on the switch.

D’Antoni will probably counter by just screening repeatedly until Steph has no choice. Thatll drain the clock tho so they’ll have to play with good tempo again like they did in G2. They can’t cross halfcourt at 16. Or D’Antoni will space the floor out to make the switch harder.

Kerr will also try aggressively trapping it, force Harden to give it up to Ariza on the roll and make Ariza make a play in the 4 on 3.

Should be a fun game within the game.

do not see too many major adjustments. comes down to kd and harden putting up shots and having the offense run through them and which supporting cast will show up. unfortunately for the rox, the warriors role players are steph, klay and dray :lol:

Everyone and their momma' knew the Cavs would win Game 3. I dont think we knew this would of been a rout from tip off. Did the Celtics forget they had a game in Quicken Loans Saturday night??! My goodness. Jaylen had 2 pts and five fouls up until the end of the third quarter. We couldn't stop CLE for nothing. They made everything! I expect BOS to lose again Monday night but in a thriller.

Everyone and their momma' knew the Cavs would win Game 3. I dont think we knew this would of been a rout from tip off. Did the Celtics forget they had a game in Quicken Loans Saturday night??! My goodness. Jaylen had 2 pts and five fouls up until the end of the third quarter. We couldn't stop CLE for nothing. They made everything! I expect BOS to lose again Monday night but in a thriller.
I would've been shocked if Cavs lost game 3. like you said most were expecting them to come in and blow them out.

I thought Cavs would win but woulda been nice if it was a close game. didn't even watch the 2nd half honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom