2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're damn right but I definitely didn't expect Houston to take that path. All season Morey has been saying "if we're gonna beat them it's going to be with a barrage of threes." Props to Dantoni and the staff for making adjustments.

You just can't beat them at their own game. Maybe in the regular season, but all that goes out the window come playoff time. Having CP3 out there as a game manager has given HOU something they've desperately needed over the last few years. Harden is elite with the ball in his hands, but being a game manager is a whole different story.

I really hope CP3 is good to go the rest of this series because without him, its over (IMO). Big shoutout to HOU's role players too (Tucker, Ariza, Green, Gordon). Really love to see Gerald Green succeed and Tucker looking like the PJ that got him that first big deal.

You just can't beat them at their own game. Maybe in the regular season, but all that goes out the window come playoff time. Having CP3 out there as a game manager has given HOU something they've desperately needed over the last few years. Harden is elite with the ball in his hands, but being a game manager is a whole different story.

I really hope CP3 is good to go the rest of this series because without him, its over (IMO). Big shoutout to HOU's role players too (Tucker, Ariza, Green, Gordon). Really love to see Gerald Green succeed and Tucker looking like the PJ that got him that first big deal.
Outside of Game 1, in which they tied, the winner of the 3pt battle has won every game.

Outside of Game 1, in which they tied, the winner of the 3pt battle has won every game.

I think BHZ is right but the 3pt line is a HUGE battle that D'antoni rightfully alluded to.

The Rockets took 17 3's iirc more than GSW. 17! Hard to overcome that.

I think BHZ is right but the 3pt line is a HUGE battle that D'antoni rightfully alluded to.

The Rockets took 17 3's iirc more than GSW. 17! Hard to overcome that.
Simmons and Lowe were talking abut how Morey said earlier this year that the way for HOU to beat GSW is to bomb away from 3.

Their defense has been really good though for the most part.

last night was so ugly.

Its just up and down, chuck the ball. Like watching really good park hoops. Or tennis up close

I feel very old watching this NBA

My mans Bob Myers will still have an easy time getting players to come this off season.

Is Casspi a healthy scratch? I haven't even seen him on the sideline

What's Houston's strategy for game 6 without CP?

Do they go 6 man rotation and launch as many 3s as possible?

Do they try to steal minutes for LMM/Anderson/Nene/JJ and "rest" the core 6-7 for game 7?

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 7.36.46 AM.png

Hugging steph + Klay and completely disregarding Dray and Kevon. Not enough shooting. The KD post ups aren't necessarily bad, but they are when this is your closing / starting lineup. Iggy coming back won't change this either unless he has a random 3 3pt make game.

Kd pulled a lebron and made the stars look like role guys atanding and watching him play iso ball. Dray needs to get in his ear for that tomfoolery

What's Houston's strategy for game 6 without CP?

Do they go 6 man rotation and launch as many 3s as possible?

Do they try to steal minutes for LMM/Anderson/Nene/JJ and "rest" the core 6-7 for game 7?

Same strategy as it has been all series bro. Defend like hell, and launch as many 3's as possible with your shooters.

There is a path to Houston beating GSW in game 6 w/o CP. Improbable and unlikely, but there is a path.

They were excellent w/o CP this year, and CP was a -13 last night while Harden was a +8. There's noise with those plus / minus numbers but it just goes to show that there is a path towards stealing game 6.

Same strategy as it has been all series bro. Defend like hell, and launch as many 3's as possible with your shooters.

There is a path to Houston beating GSW in game 6 w/o CP. Improbable and unlikely, but there is a path.

They were excellent w/o CP this year, and CP was a -13 last night while Harden was a +8. There's noise with those plus / minus numbers but it just goes to show that there is a path towards stealing game 6.

I agree. They just gotta hope Harden snaps out of it and has his MVP performance tomorrow.

Houston missed hella open threes in the first half yesterday. If they can convert on those, they have a path to victory.

Real Talk post right here.

Speaking about the actually things in the game are not excuses. Just stating the obvious.

I don’t disagree, but lmao at the timing of all this. GSW is in a 3-2 hole and now people (not you specifically) want to be all rational about role players, coaching strategy, etc.

Did not expect to see the “needs more help” train start to pick up steam and pull away from the station, but here we are. A team with the top 2 players in the league with 2 other All Stars needs MOAAAARRR HELLLLPPP.

I can dig that.

Give me Boston's path tonight????? Real Talk. I am interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom