2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs have lost 8 of their last 9 playoff games? Is that right? Hmph
all against the warriors though lol. 4-0 and 4-1.
Last I heard Steph was day to day. I don't think he'll miss any games against NO
they should rest him for game 1 and see how they'd do against the Pels without him. best case scenario they win anyways and he gets extra rest. if not, that game 2 crowd will be crazy when he returns. not worth rushing back and risking further injury if he's like 75% or whatever.

Champaign celebration is still corny. Reminds me of when the Knicks released ballons after winning a playiff game.

This reeks of giving out a Participation Trophy. Are they going to drop confetti next if they make it to the Conference Finals?

Can you please provide context for balloons after the playoff win? In terms of year and round?

Unless you just started watching basketball this year, it’s completely understandable. You’re also acting like they were doing it for themselves, they did it for Brett Brown. They were celebrating their leader who they stuck behind when everyone else said he should be fired.

This is a reach.

Can you please provide context for balloons after the playoff win? In terms of year and round?

Unless you just started watching basketball this year, it’s completely understandable. You’re also acting like they were doing it for themselves, they did it for Brett Brown. They were celebrating their leader who they stuck behind when everyone else said he should be fired.

This is a reach.

2012 in the First Round against the Heat. It may have been confetti not ballons. Either way tacky nonetheless.

Champaign Celebrations are for championships. They could have celebrated him just the same without it.

A4C7CFD3-5FF2-4E0F-B25A-D7A55828B97E.png

Shoutout wavy... we on top of the world pleighboi

:lol: Swear you the fat white dude that goes to games with his stomach painted.

Nah poppin bottles is extreme. :lol:

It's only the 1st rd, just my opinion. I think it's too much when football players dump gatorade on coaches for any lil win.

Champaign celebration is still corny. Reminds me of when the Knicks released ballons after winning a playiff game.

This reeks of giving out a Participation Trophy. Are they going to drop confetti next if they make it to the Conference Finals?

Dude what is your *** even talking about? Nobody was in the locker room with goggles on popping bottles of champagne waiving around first round champs t-shirts while “We Are The Champions” played in the background. Embiid, Covington and Fultz literally just poured water bottles on the coach’s head for his first playoff series win. I’ve seen players do that for regular season wins or stat accomplishments during the regular season. You’re thinking a lil too hard about this.

Last edited:

OMG. The defending champions, winners of 2 out of last three titles (appeared in all three finals), favorites to win it this year and team called one of the best assembled 9( all-time had confetti fall in the arena after beating a 7-seed in the first round that was missing their superstar, 4-1?!?!? What are they so hyped for? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pelicans in 5.

Hate that Spo can be so stubborn at times but what qualms can anyone have with him when he made a semi-competitive series virtually without Whiteside and Dion.

....Anddd... I never, want to see Hassan Whiteside dawning a Miami Heat jersey again. Ain't nothing Miami about him but his address. Said two seasons ago, should've been traded to the highest, now don't care what he's traded for.

Hope Wade retires and one of Dragic or TJ's traded but look forward to offseason although those things may not be likely

I understand both ideas. I feel the same way about teams rushing the court, especially teams from power conferences.

But I get it, this IS a moment in (recent) history for THIS team.

I also subscribe to the David Jacoby idea of people not celebrating enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom