2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be funny, but do yall honestly think GSW is AS worried as they are when speaking to the media? I just think they are doing the typical, "Let me respect my opponent" angle but we know what will happen?

The Miami Heat(s) will be paying Tyler Johnson some $19M over the next two seasons now

What’s the issue? I didn’t check numbers but he was pretty solid in the playoffs? I saw him getting some buckets and playing hard

I understand both ideas. I feel the same way about teams rushing the court, especially teams from power conferences.

But I get it, this IS a moment in (recent) history for THIS team.

I also subscribe to the David Jacoby idea of people not celebrating enough.

To me it just screams getting to the 2nd Round was good enough. That was their championship and anything after that would be welcomed but at least they made it past the 1st Round. They were able to validate their tanking because they now have a playoff series win.

On top of that all the talk about facing adversity and perservering ring hollow because they weren’t trying to make the playoffs nor win games the past few years. So why should anyone be sympathetic to these hardships when it was by design.

In this weak Eastern Conference the past decade, they could have fielded legitimate teams under Brown and attempted to win playoff games before this year. But they chose not to.

To me it just screams getting to the 2nd Round was good enough. That was their championship and anything after that would be welcomed but at least they made it past the 1st Round. They were able to validate their tanking because they now have a playoff series win.

On top of that all the talk about facing adversity and perservering ring hollow because they weren’t trying to make the playoffs nor win games the past few years. So why should anyone be sympathetic to these hardships when it was by design.

In this weak Eastern Conference the past decade, they could have fielded legitimate teams under Brown and attempted to win playoff games before this year. But they chose not to.
I get it man, I do. I hate participation/moral victories. But if we are being honest, them winning 4-1 and making it to Round 2, considering all this franchise has been through recently, IS an accomplishment. (In a vacuum). I don't knock you for the opinion you have because fundamentally, I am right there with you but it isn't always that black/white

And you are 100% right, many of their hardships are self-inflicted, so I can see how it was hard to feel sorry for them at any point of this ride

Gotta be honest this sounds like the same type of psychological breakdown people would attempt to make when saying the process wasn't working.

Champaign celebration is still corny. Reminds me of when the Knicks released ballons after winning a playiff game.

This reeks of giving out a Participation Trophy. Are they going to drop confetti next if they make it to the Conference Finals?
My brother, you do realize a majority of teams been releasing confetti after their playoff wins this first round correct and many teams do this after regular season wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom