2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The process one of the most annoying terms in recent history . It's just losing purposely till you get lucky on enough picks. Look at all the top picks they didn't hit on.
Ain't even hating on Philly , rooting for them in the east but call it what it is.
Ya I agree.

Luck has more to do with it then anything. Embiid hurt his back so he dropped to 3. Most had him as 1st pick before then. Otherwise sixers woulda ended up with Wiggins lol.

Kings had the 5th and 10th picks this year and ended with with Fox, and three role players vs Markannen and Donovan Mitchell. It’s a crapshoot.

It's fair to point out what they did to get here but honestly don't have the energy like that to make any kind of deal out of it

When there's that many teams you're gonna see some alternative methods to compete. It's not really a big deal for me

It’s not luck when two teams passed on a transcendent talent.
They pulled Covington out the G league, traded for Saric. Pulled the trigger on ilyasova and belly.

They ended swapping 1 and 3 this year to take Fultz. Imagine if they goes as scheduled
they also drafted jahill and nerlens. They missed on top picks just as much as they hit. Just stop , there is luck involved. they're set tho so it worked out for the best. They could've just as easily ended up like sac.

what a great series win for philly. young squad never backed down to a physical miami team.

glad i dont have to watch anymore of james johnsons old *** trying to pick fights with 20 year olds

I think it is under-rated how much mental and physical toughness they showed this series. A ton for a young team in its first playoffs.

I think this will help then tremendously next round!!

they also drafted jahill and nerlens. They missed on top picks just as much as they hit. Just stop , there is luck involved. they're set tho so it worked out for the best. They could've easily just as ended up like sac.

You wouldn’t trade 2 bad picks for 2 top 15-20 players? Who wouldn’t take that trade off, especially when you remember how many picks the 6ers have had over the years.

The funniest thing is philly fans didn't even trust the process. That arena was empty night after night. Where was this energy before?

Why would we pay to watch them play in games that we purposely wanted them to lose? Did you want sellout crowds to boo them off the floor anytime we got a lead?

saying the Philly fans didn't trust the process because the arena was empty, that's some bogus BS

I live here, the majority of fans were on board just because they didn't go to see Tony Wroten lead a team to 30 point losses doesn't mean fans didn't see what the end result could be

You wouldn’t trade 2 bad picks for 2 top 15-20 players? Who wouldn’t take that trade off, especially when you remember how many picks the 6ers have had over the years.
of course but embiid working out was a gamble / luck. He could've easily been Greg oden. There is always some luck involved is all im saying.

It’s not luck when two teams passed on a transcendent talent.
They pulled Covington out the G league, traded for Saric. Pulled the trigger on ilyasova and belly.

They ended swapping 1 and 3 this year to take Fultz. Imagine if they goes as scheduled
That’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is that people think: tank like hell = top pick and top pick automatically makes you winner of the situation.

Think of Donovan Mitchell being 13th pick. Kawhi 15th. Kuzma 27th. Cp3 4th or 5th pick. Kobe Klay. Steph. List is endless.

This is exactly what luck is imo. It's not like Embiid was their guy no matter what; they were taking Wiggins if they got #1 and Parker if they got #2.

Similar to the Knicks lucking into Porzingis. We were taking Okafor if we got #2 or #3.

Luck or not, Embiid was the best prospect in that draft. Dude was dream shaking at Kansas.
The Knicks had to pull the trigger just like 6ers did b/c both guys had question marks going into the draft.

no they're just a stupid franchise. Sixers could have very well ended up like them and not hit on anything.

Fixed.

With the Maloofs as owners and even currently with Vivek.

When you think the Kings begin taking a step in the right direction, Vivek does something crazy.

That’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is that people think: tank like hell = top pick and top pick automatically makes you winner of the situation.

Think of Donovan Mitchell being 13th pick. Kawhi 15th. Kuzma 27th. Cp3 4th or 5th pick. Kobe Klay. Steph. List is endless.

People that think like that don’t think correctly. Drafting of course is a crap shoot. But there’s still a method to the process. Tanking doesn’t guarantee anything but you can’t front on the moves the 6ers have made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom