2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why this storyline of the Raptors "choking" every year in the Playoffs has so much weight and continues to be used over and over. I'm not even coming at anyone but it's such a lazy cop out.

I've said it for most of the season but if you continue to use the "Derozan and Lowry choke in the Playoffs" excuse then it just proves you haven't watched a Raptors game all year. Yes...they've choked and haven't been able to get by a Lebron team WITH KYRIE but this is a different team.

Why do people not mention the Bucks as chokers when they haven't made it past the first round in 17 years? or the Trail Blazers who were a 3rd seed and Lillard and CJ get so hyped but get swept? Westbrook and the Thunder?

All I'm saying is that that's kind of a lazy way to analyze things. Obviously the games have to be played and we'll see what happens but that kind of talk is legit making it sound like they have the exact same team as previous years. The Raptors have never had this kind of bench depth and the exact opposite, I'd say Lebron has never had this little help. He's been having to average like 50 pts a game to just barely beat Indiana in 7.

They saying Doc said Ingles was the toughest cut he ever had to make

Doc cut him when Ingles' girl was on a flight into America to see him play

All for Jared Cunningham

One of the most savage moments I've ever seen

Clips were depleted as hell at the guard position with injuries and Jared at the time was intriguing. No one batted an eye at the time when the Clips cut Ingles.

IMO Clips caught flack later as Ingles improved as a player, but the Clips were the only team who wanted to bring him to training camp. Everyone missed on that. He's really really good.

Damn right lol. The choking narrative is just tired imo. Yes they did choke in the past and ran into Lebron when the Raptors clearly had a ****tier roster than the Cavs. I'm not even talking Lebron vs Derozan or Lowry. Last year when the Cavs swept the Raptors...the Raptors were depending heavily on Demarre Carroll and PJ Tucker FOR OFFENCE...

Once Lebby leaves this summer, Cleveland's reign over the conference will end

Really only Boston and Philly are the top dogs, if Toronto can't get it done this year, they could still choose to keep the band together. But yeah, Portland and TOR are on the clock

2nd round match ups
boring.gif

I don't understand why this storyline of the Raptors "choking" every year in the Playoffs has so much weight and continues to be used over and over. I'm not even coming at anyone but it's such a lazy cop out.

I've said it for most of the season but if you continue to use the "Derozan and Lowry choke in the Playoffs" excuse then it just proves you haven't watched a Raptors game all year. Yes...they've choked and haven't been able to get by a Lebron team WITH KYRIE but this is a different team.

Why do people not mention the Bucks as chokers when they haven't made it past the first round in 17 years? or the Trail Blazers who were a 3rd seed and Lillard and CJ get so hyped but get swept? Westbrook and the Thunder?

All I'm saying is that that's kind of a lazy way to analyze things. Obviously the games have to be played and we'll see what happens but that kind of talk is legit making it sound like they have the exact same team as previous years. The Raptors have never had this kind of bench depth and the exact opposite, I'd say Lebron has never had this little help. He's been having to average like 50 pts a game to just barely beat Indiana in 7.
Giannis is 23, them getting to the playoffs in the first place shows how good a player he is with the shoddy way their roster has been built

Russ is the most slandered athlete on NT

Everyone saying Portland should blow it up

Once Lebby leaves this summer, Cleveland's reign over the conference will end

Really only Boston and Philly are the top dogs, if Toronto can't get it done this year, they could still choose to keep the band together. But yeah, Portland and TOR are on the clock

Giannis is 23, them getting to the playoffs in the first place shows how good a player he is with the shoddy way their roster has been built

Russ is the most slandered athlete on NT

Everyone saying Portland should blow it up

I'm not even disagreeing with you at all. If the Raptors don't get past Cleveland...they definitely SHOULD blow it up. They have a good and solid young core of players but the Derozan/Lowry experiment hasn't worked similarly to Lillard/CJ. They signed Kyle Lowry to a 3 year contract and next season is only the second year. I'd move Kyle and try to get another player to build again with Demar.

I'm not even disagreeing with you at all. If the Raptors don't get past Cleveland...they definitely SHOULD blow it up. They have a good and solid young core of players but the Derozan/Lowry experiment hasn't worked similarly to Lillard/CJ. They signed Kyle Lowry to a 3 year contract and next season is only the second year. I'd move Kyle and try to get another player to build again with Demar.
Wouldn't be mad if TOR decided to part ways with Lowry, the east will be up for grabs in the next 2-3 years

I hope so but this Cavs team is pure struggle.

Cavs can make a few simple changes.

Play Tristan, he’s not great but they got killed on the boards this series.

Stop ****in trapping. it seemed like at least 50% of the Pacers offensive possessions there was a player wide ****in open

Stop ****in relying on threes all game. Drive to the bucket, LeBron started driving and they went up by 12. George Hill started driving and they went back up again. I’m so tired of watching them take terrible 3s and deep 2s.

I've been saying this ALL year long...but people seem to think it's Lebron by himself that's been taking down Toronto in the past...and completely ignoring the superstar teammates he had next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom