2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying this ALL year long...but people seem to think it's Lebron by himself that's been taking down Toronto in the past...and completely ignoring the superstar teammates he had next to him.

I give my American brethren respect though because I do agree when they say that a lot of Raptors fans just like to complain about respect when they truly haven't done anything or haven't made any noise in the Playoffs except a Conference Finals against Cleveland. If we get to the Finals....then sure, we deserve some respect and to be mentioned, but it's also true that WAY MORE small market teams don't get mentioned even worse than the Raptors. We aleady know the Cavs, Warriors, Celtics, Rockets will be mentioned and respected highly because of their accomplishments.

I do think it's a media initiative to continue that narrative of "playoff choking" though. I watch those clowns like Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, Chris Broussard and that little weasel guy who has the show with Chris Carter :lol: and if you follow those shows for true NBA analysis and all they bring up is..."we're not even considering Toronto because they've choked so much in the past". Obviously you'd be annoyed as a Raptors fan. I've seen Raptors fans use the argument that other than the Cavs or Warriors and Spurs I believe, the Raptors have the next most Playoff wins in the span of like the last 5-6 years. Don't know the exact stat but their losses are just magnified because of $hit seasons like last year getting swept by Lebron.

I really like Gobert and I think he's the DPOY but teams like Houston and GS are bad matchups for him. All the switching they do put him in bad matchups where he's guarding Curry or Harden/CP3 in the PnR. Harden is gonna have this whole Jazz team on skates.

for real? what did he say?
"The whole thing finally can be broken down to five things. It's how I coach the Hawks and it's what I tell businesses. You could coach baseball with this system. Or football. It's very adaptive.

"The first thing is that you've got to be totally organized with your goals—daily, weekly, and monthly. That's why we keep such careful records on everything the Hawks do."

"The second thing is that you've gotta have a total philosophy. By that, I mean that in basketball you've gotta understand the game so well that you have a sound system. A sound system is the hallmark of every good coach. It's why a great coach can take a mediocre team against a talented bunch of morons, and he can 'X and O' them to death."

Counting down quickly, Brown adds, "The third thing you must have is discipline. You can treat a player any way you want to as long as it's fair and it teaches him something. By the time they get to the pros, they don't want love. Hell, they're making an average of $137,000 a year."

"The fourth thing is good people, people who will put the team above all else. The big problem with pro ball today is urban blacks. Now, Southern blacks are all right, but these urban kids who come off the streets think the sport is just run-and-gun and dunk-and-shoot, and they're so damn cocky. They just won't fit in."

"The final thing you've got to have," Hubie declares, "is style. We play like blue-collar workers. We bring our lunch pails with us and we wear you out. We're a 94-foot team and we press and fast break and we control everything we can."

Harden's moves are so simple yet dudes cant stop him.

He’s the player that you guard, you know he’s erky jerky w the handles, you know his moves, you know he can drive and he got the step back, you think you can stop and block his shot when he’s pulling up but when he’s doing all his moves luring you not to sleep but he gets you thinking you know what he’s going to do, then he does the opposite and still score. You basically can’t stop him bc he makes you think you know but when you’re guarding him, you really don’t know.

Lamar Odom was always going left

Like, always

And then when it came down to it, he went left

Still got to his left even if we knew what was about to happen

man lebron is amazing, its insane to me that people really don't think he is one of the top 3 players in the NBA......#1 imo by a lot......
i can understand hating him sure no problem but don't lie to yourself......the amazing thing when we look back at his career that he was great from 18-38 39 40?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom