2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The C's are just demonstrating what happens when you have a good system in place.
i would contend that it's a "great" or "elite" system

Honestly last season their roster overachieved as well with isiah Thomas being an MVP candidate

We don't see these systems as a common occurrence across the league which is again why I think it's not just a "good system"

i would contend that it's a "great" or "elite" system

Honestly last season their roster overachieved as well with isiah Thomas being an MVP candidate

We don't see these systems as a common occurrence across the league which is again why I think it's not just a "good system"

I agree. It is elite. Using "good" was just semantics.

A healthy Celtics team is probably what I'm looking forward to the most next season.

I remember the consensus saying Mitchelle was nice, but nowhere near this nice. He was slotted between 9 and 14, he should have gone 1 or 2.

Fixed.

We could have had him @ 2. :smh:

DLo - DMitch - BI - Kuz - Ju....whew, what could have been. :smh: :smh:

Also, **** Bron Bron.

Go Raps!

giphy.webp

I don't think Stevens needs to make a championship or win one in order to validate his ability to coach. It's not that black and white. He's the 2nd best coach in the league and he'll win multiple eventually imo so its whatever.

I don't think Stevens needs to make a championship or win one in order to validate his ability to coach. It's not that black and white. He'll win multiple eventually imo so its whatever.
Right but again if you're referring to me I never said that. I just said he hadn't earned "best coach in the league" talk yet. Or "too smart for NBA coaching."

Let's wait and see on those multiple championships.

Right but again if you're referring to me I never said that. I just said he hadn't earned "best coach in the league" talk yet. Or "too smart for NBA coaching."

Let's wait and see on those multiple championships.

Just kinda saying in general, I skimmed through the last few pages. Earned or not, my opinion is that he just is the 2nd best coach in the league from what i've seen. Im assuming that's basically the same as the best because we all know Pop is the default number 1 until he retires. But even though I think there's always different circumstances playing a role I get that others prefer to see actual results before getting that label. Simply a difference in opinion I guess.

Just kinda saying in general, I skimmed through the last few pages. Earned or not, my opinion is that he just is the 2nd best coach in the league from what i've seen. Im assuming that's basically the same as the best because we all know Pop is the default number 1 until he retires. But even though I think there's always different circumstances playing a role I get that others prefer to see actual results before getting that label. Simply a difference in opinion I guess.
That's fine, you're making a projection. Nothing wrong with that. I don't like to rank status based on projection. IMO he will have many chances to earn that title over the next few seasons.

I agree. It is elite. Using "good" was just semantics.

A healthy Celtics team is probably what I'm looking forward to the most next season.
Definitely, unfortunately Danny will have to part with at least a few pieces in the next few years. He drafted and traded too damb good

That's fine, you're making a projection. Nothing wrong with that. I don't like to rank status based on projection. IMO he will have many chances to earn that title over the next few seasons.

My point isn't to make a projection though. I just don't think he needs a chip already to validate his ability. I think he can be the best right now and not have a chip at the same time. I don't think being the best coach or player in the league automatically translates to a team award like winning the chip.

It's like Kerr is a great coach and has had success you can't compare to any other coach in the last 3/4 years. But I still think Stevens can be and is a better coach than him.

This hype has a lot to do with people underrating the hell out of the current Celtics players calling them d-leaguers and ****.
yeah Avery Bradley it and jae Crowder were key pieces to the Celtics last year .
then they were killing it so much this year they were all traded within half a year. His teams have shown they play greater then the sum of they parts .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom