2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point isn't to make a projection though. I just don't think he needs a chip already to validate his ability. I think he can be the best right now and not have a chip at the same time. I don't think being the best coach or player in the league automatically translates to a team award like winning the chip.

It's like Kerr is a great coach and has had success you can't compare to any other coach in the last 3/4 years. But I still think Stevens can be and is a better coach than him.
It’s not about a chip..... Stevens hasn’t won anything. He hasn’t DONE anything. He’s never beat a contending team in the playoffs. He’s never really been in contention. He’s been to the playoffs twice? The resume just isn’t there.

Like, the history of the nba is littered with forgotten coaches who “overachieved” in a couple regular seasons.

Last edited:
It’s not about a chip..... Stevens hasn’t won anything. He hasn’t DONE anything. He’s never beat a contending team in the playoffs. He’s never really been in contention. He’s been to the playoffs twice? The resume just isn’t there.

Well the only contending team there's ever been his entire career was LeBron so I'm not gonna hold that against him.

I think every team only has so much potential. What makes a good coach is their ability to max out that potential. He's made the playoffs 4 of his 5 years as head coach and what we've seen from Stevens in that regard of maxing out potential up until now is elite stuff.

Honestly I find it kinda crazy how people will boost Brad Stevens up at every twist and turn and he hasn't even been to a Finals yet, yet Doc got the Celtics to two Finals and to this day people call him overrated.

And that doesn't mean Brad is a bad coach but maybe his collection of players isn't as weak as they've been touted to be. Yes Doc had 3 HOF but most Championship squads have players who usually end up there.

Doc is overrated without Thibodeau leading the defense.

Brads record has improved ever since he got the job, despite all the moving players Danny brings in, year in and year out.

What has Doc done in LA?

I don't think Stevens needs to make a championship or win one in order to validate his ability to coach. It's not that black and white. He's the 2nd best coach in the league and he'll win multiple eventually imo so its whatever.

That's like saying Ty Lue is a better coach than Brad because Ty has a ring :lol:

Cavs raps only series worth watching. I might mess around with 76ers and Celts around game 5.

Assuming it goes to 5...

giphy.gif

Don't feel like searching for links but Nets weren't taking him and we would have ended up with him anyway.

Maybe maybe not. No one can really know for sure. All I do know for sure is that he was absolutely drafted with the pick the lakers got by trading DLO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom