2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all talking like Mitchell was this can't miss guy coming out of college

I remember the consensus saying Mitchelle was nice, but nowhere near this nice. He was slotted between 9 and 14, he should have gone 1 or 2.

No I’m talking about total value. Dirk’s total value on the court versus the second best player on that Mavs team.
And I’m saying of that total value, the overwhelming majority of it is derived from offense, which is just one facet of a multifaceted game. And the Mavs needed all of those facets EQUALLY to win.

So why are we keying in on 1 guy’s offensive ability, when the Mavs needed MUCH more than that to win the title?

What are you laughing at like that’s some absurd thing to say? Who has more legitimate three point threats in their normal rotation than Redick, Belinelli, Dario, Ilyasova and Covington while also having a center that shoots threes?

I said more shooters overall as in quantity....Steph, Klay and KD are the best trio of shooters in the league but outside of that Nick Young is the only other dude on that team you need to worry about from three. That’s been hurting them bad while Steph has been out and you saw it with how they weren’t able to complete their usual comeback against the Spurs because of all the bricks everybody besides KD was putting up. JJ, Belinelli, Dario, Ilyasova and Covington you always need to be attached to behind the arc and Embiid is able to get hot from there sometimes too. Six of their top 7 rotation players are really good shooters and then you have Magic on steroids kicking out to them.

The NT jinx is undefeated :lol:

Since Celtics fans are saying Fultz was a bad pick can we say Hayward was a bad signing?

How can anyone really say that?

It was a freak accident that happened to him.

Let's atleast give him half of a season of playing with the C's.

And I’m saying of that total value, the overwhelming majority of it is derived from offense, which is just one facet of a multifaceted game. And the Mavs needed all of those facets EQUALLY to win.

So why are we keying in on 1 guy’s offensive ability, when the Mavs needed MUCH more than that to win the title?
Because his offensive value as one player was so much greater than what any other single player brought to the team, in total. Defense included. Tyson Chandler's defensive impact as one player didn't come close to matching the value Dirk's offense had for the team. I can't think of any other single player you'd even be discussing as an option.

These were the comparisons I remember:

Tatum: I was personally not so high on as I had him as a Melo type of player but also a ball stopper.
Kuz: Didn't even know who he was until the regular season
DSJ: Stevie Franchise
Monk: JR Smith
Fultz: Brandon Roy
Frank: Avery Bradley
Fox: Wall
Jackson: Iggy
Isaac: Otto

Yes, ya'll are right. The hype for Brad Stevens winning a first round playoff game isn't at all out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom