2018 NFL Playoffs Vol. Evil Empire vs The UnderDogs in 2 weeks!

Who do you think wins the Super Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/04/s...com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2018010412PM

According to our staff, home-field advantage will play a role in Super Bowl 52. The Vikings are the heavy favorite in the NFC, picked to win the conference by 10 of our 11 prognosticators. (There was little confidence in the NFC’s top seed, the Nick Foles-led Eagles, who were pegged as one-and-done by all but one voter.) As for the AFC champ, it was a near-even split between the top two seeds. Ultimately, Minnesota, with the opportunity to play as a (likely) home underdog on February 4, ended up tied with the Patriots as the leading vote-getter to win it all.

It's all bad. More reason to why the Vikings will blow it.

https://deadspin.com/why-your-nfl-playoff-team-sucks-1821749816

Why Your NFL Playoff Team Sucks

1. Bills

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because this:

Just to refresh your memory, the Bills rested Doug Flutie and played Rob Johnson in a meaningless Week 17 game against the Pats at the end of that season, and Johnson played so well in that de facto exhibition that ownership forced Wade Phillips to give him the start in the playoffs. As long as I live, I don’t think I will ever see a quarterback steal another quarterback’s job quite that way. It remains utterly unique in the history of Enormous QB ****ups. The Bills still haven’t won a playoff game in 23 years. Get one monkey off your back and another larger, angrier monkey takes its place.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Because this:

Also, head coach Sean McDermott made a big show of having his players gather in a kumbaya circle and tell each other their life stories… then he benched Tyrod Taylor for Nathan Peterman. You can be a touchy-feely coach, or you can be an autocrat dressed to hang out in a deer stand, but you can’t be both.

Oh, and **** Richie Incognito. Nothing takes the shine of this playoff berth like seeing that enormous meatbaby happy.

@Warmachine85

2. Vikings

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: If you are an obnoxious football purist who still writes “Defense wins championships” in the comments section of PFT like that’s a new and valuable insight, this is your team. This defense suffocates opposing offenses to the point where Case Keenum only has to make one play per game for the Vikings to win. He got MVP support for this while Harrison Smith missed the Pro Bowl.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: This is the part where I again disclose that I am a Vikings fan, therefore I should recuse myself from ranking them here at all. Frankly, I deserve the suffering this team has heaped upon me, body and soul. I am the troll who has been trolled. That Blair Walsh miss is either tragic or hilarious depending upon your mileage, and I can take a guess at yours. The Bills lost four Super Bowls, but at least their run of conference dominance happened after the advent of electricity. My team’s ultimate failures are so distant that I have to sit here and hope they make it to the Super Bowl just so that I can have the privilege of personally witnessing them lose it. At home. **** me with a power saw.

651akathepaul 651akathepaul

3. Eagles

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: They just had their best season in over a decade ruined by an injury to their franchise quarterback. Have a heart.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Or don’t, because Philly fans suck huge balls. God lives to strike down Philly fans just when they are at their cockiest, and I can’t blame Him. Even when Philly teams lose, their fans still try to circumvent such pesky facts by inventing their own unofficial honors. That time Allen Iverson stepped over Ty Lue? Philly fans think that’s an actual championship. It gets irritating. Also, the sooner Nick Foles is out of these playoffs, the better. The playoffs officially start only when all the bad QBs have been weeded out.

stillin729 stillin729 @itsaboutthattime

4. Chiefs

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because they won the Super Bowl so long ago that they basically haven’t won it at all. Everyone who was around during that victory is now dead. That old footage of Hank Stram demanding his team masturbate the ball down the field? That was taken in 1886. The only things people remember about the Chiefs in the playoffs now are Marty refusing to pass and Andy Reid blowing a 28-point lead to Chuck Pagano.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: You and I both know that this team is the only hope we have of avoiding a Pittsburgh–New England AFC title game. We also both know that they’ll **** it up with a horrible divisional round loss. I don’t even have to watch. I have the whole script memorized. None of their playmakers will make plays. They’ll fall behind by 10 points, hang around the rest of the game, use all their timeouts to pull within three, and then **** up the onside kick with eight seconds left. The only time Andy feels urgency is 30 minutes after eating a taco platter.

kdslittlebro kdslittlebro

5. Jaguars

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because their fans have had to listen to *******s like me drone on and on about how the Jags aren’t relevant and how they should relocate to Vancouver or Tulsa or pretty much anywhere else to become cool again. And really, is there a more obnoxious complaint about a football team? DURRRRR THIS TEAM DOESN’T FIT IN WITH THE MONOCULTURE! It’s like asking a football team to become a Game of Thrones episode recap.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Blake Bortles has five picks in his last two games. It would be a hilarious indictment of the NFL if that guy somehow staggers into a Super Bowl. Also, I’ve spent so much time goofing on head coach and dad-negotiating-prices-at-a-car-dealership Doug Marrone for being WIDELY RESPECTED that I will be deeply unhappy if he really DOES become widely respected.

@NickFolarin

6. Rams

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because they’re fun! They have Todd Gurley leapfrogging defenders six times a game and Sean McVay skipping around on the sideline drawing up cool passing plays and looking like discount Hawkeye. This is also the part where I declare my preference for the white horns on the helmet and not the yellow ones. Those white horns make the Rams look extremely rammy.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Because L.A. still doesn’t give a ****. This team could be unbeaten and Gurley could literally take flight during games like Superman and Angelenos would still rather avoid the traffic. It’s what Stan Kroenke and his squirrel hair deserve.

@casper90403

7. Saints

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Let us pause for a moment to salute Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara for being the first running back duo in league history to each have 1,500+ yards from the scrimmage in the same season. Is this the only RBBC in fantasy history to actually work? Without doing any research, I say yes. Unlike other heartless coaches, Sean Payton understands your fantasy needs.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Look at this ****:

Enough already, New Orleans. I know what happened to Saints fans the last time this team won a Super Bowl. GUMBO GUMBO GUMBO Y’ALL DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO MAH CITY AND MAH PAWPAW. Southerners think they’re the only people allowed to have food or parents.

@freddy fig

8. Titans

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: This has been Marcus Mariota’s worst season as a professional, but it sure would be nice to see him get his **** together and make some sort of miraculous, Eli-style playoff run. I can tell he’s nice because he’s Hawaiian!

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Because that 1999 Titans team wasn’t really all that good. Frankly, any time the Titans are good, they are still utterly underwhelming. This year’s supposedly promising outfit had a net point differential of -22. They don’t belong here. They belong at home and Mike Mularkey belongs in The XFL 2: The X-ening. And remember that Kerry Collins outfit that somehow went 13-3? That team was ******* awful. I’m glad the Titans have never won jack ****.

tennhouse2 tennhouse2

9. Panthers

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Cam can be a clueless boob sometimes. But when he rolls out and starts throwing lasers 30 yards downfield…God, there’s no one else who can do what he does. And how nice would it be for him to win a title and finally shut down the take spigot? You could also make a very convincing case that this team is the NFC’s best hope to beat New England, and that more or less supersedes any other hang-ups I have about Carolina, except perhaps…

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Imagine the Panthers winning it all and Roger Goodell handing the Lombardi Trophy to Jerry ******* Richardson, who is selling the team after this season because he couldn’t stop grabbing ***. Tell me that wouldn’t be the most NFL thing that has ever happened. Just a repulsive, horny old man standing triumphantly on a podium, insincerely dedicating his trophy to the fans. I know CBS isn’t doing the Super Bowl, but I guarantee Jim Nantz would hop on Facebook Live just to broadcast that moment personally, he’d be so touched.

@youngthundercat

10. Falcons

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: 28-3.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: 28-3. I’m sorry, but you guys had your chance and you blew it. I have zero interest in watching you blow it yet again. If this team gets a rematch with the Pats, they’ll lose by 70. It’s a lock. Go the **** away.

@Armada

11. Steelers

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because Todd Haley promises to ride the mechanical bull at the Tequila Cowboy if they win it all.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Oh god, **** no. In a weak moment, I can picture the Steelers being a palatable alternative to the Patriots, especially with Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown around to liven things up. But then I remember their fans, and I listen to Big Ben talk, and I see that their offense is NEVER healthy for the playoffs, and all of that potential good will is GONE. Gone forever. The Steelers should rot in a garbage dump.

That’s it. That’s all the playoff teams. Now let’s get to the games!

@spacedoodoo

https://deadspin.com/why-your-nfl-playoff-team-sucks-1821749816

Why Your NFL Playoff Team Sucks

1. Bills

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because this:

Just to refresh your memory, the Bills rested Doug Flutie and played Rob Johnson in a meaningless Week 17 game against the Pats at the end of that season, and Johnson played so well in that de facto exhibition that ownership forced Wade Phillips to give him the start in the playoffs. As long as I live, I don’t think I will ever see a quarterback steal another quarterback’s job quite that way. It remains utterly unique in the history of Enormous QB ****ups. The Bills still haven’t won a playoff game in 23 years. Get one monkey off your back and another larger, angrier monkey takes its place.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Because this:

Also, head coach Sean McDermott made a big show of having his players gather in a kumbaya circle and tell each other their life stories… then he benched Tyrod Taylor for Nathan Peterman. You can be a touchy-feely coach, or you can be an autocrat dressed to hang out in a deer stand, but you can’t be both.

Oh, and **** Richie Incognito. Nothing takes the shine of this playoff berth like seeing that enormous meatbaby happy.

@Warmachine85

2. Vikings

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: If you are an obnoxious football purist who still writes “Defense wins championships” in the comments section of PFT like that’s a new and valuable insight, this is your team. This defense suffocates opposing offenses to the point where Case Keenum only has to make one play per game for the Vikings to win. He got MVP support for this while Harrison Smith missed the Pro Bowl.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: This is the part where I again disclose that I am a Vikings fan, therefore I should recuse myself from ranking them here at all. Frankly, I deserve the suffering this team has heaped upon me, body and soul. I am the troll who has been trolled. That Blair Walsh miss is either tragic or hilarious depending upon your mileage, and I can take a guess at yours. The Bills lost four Super Bowls, but at least their run of conference dominance happened after the advent of electricity. My team’s ultimate failures are so distant that I have to sit here and hope they make it to the Super Bowl just so that I can have the privilege of personally witnessing them lose it. At home. **** me with a power saw.

3. Eagles

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: They just had their best season in over a decade ruined by an injury to their franchise quarterback. Have a heart.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Or don’t, because Philly fans suck huge balls. God lives to strike down Philly fans just when they are at their cockiest, and I can’t blame Him. Even when Philly teams lose, their fans still try to circumvent such pesky facts by inventing their own unofficial honors. That time Allen Iverson stepped over Ty Lue? Philly fans think that’s an actual championship. It gets irritating. Also, the sooner Nick Foles is out of these playoffs, the better. The playoffs officially start only when all the bad QBs have been weeded out.

stillin729 stillin729 @itsaboutthattime

4. Chiefs

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because they won the Super Bowl so long ago that they basically haven’t won it at all. Everyone who was around during that victory is now dead. That old footage of Hank Stram demanding his team masturbate the ball down the field? That was taken in 1886. The only things people remember about the Chiefs in the playoffs now are Marty refusing to pass and Andy Reid blowing a 28-point lead to Chuck Pagano.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: You and I both know that this team is the only hope we have of avoiding a Pittsburgh–New England AFC title game. We also both know that they’ll **** it up with a horrible divisional round loss. I don’t even have to watch. I have the whole script memorized. None of their playmakers will make plays. They’ll fall behind by 10 points, hang around the rest of the game, use all their timeouts to pull within three, and then **** up the onside kick with eight seconds left. The only time Andy feels urgency is 30 minutes after eating a taco platter.

kdslittlebro kdslittlebro

5. Jaguars

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because their fans have had to listen to *******s like me drone on and on about how the Jags aren’t relevant and how they should relocate to Vancouver or Tulsa or pretty much anywhere else to become cool again. And really, is there a more obnoxious complaint about a football team? DURRRRR THIS TEAM DOESN’T FIT IN WITH THE MONOCULTURE! It’s like asking a football team to become a Game of Thrones episode recap.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Blake Bortles has five picks in his last two games. It would be a hilarious indictment of the NFL if that guy somehow staggers into a Super Bowl. Also, I’ve spent so much time goofing on head coach and dad-negotiating-prices-at-a-car-dealership Doug Marrone for being WIDELY RESPECTED that I will be deeply unhappy if he really DOES become widely respected.

@NickFolarin

6. Rams

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because they’re fun! They have Todd Gurley leapfrogging defenders six times a game and Sean McVay skipping around on the sideline drawing up cool passing plays and looking like discount Hawkeye. This is also the part where I declare my preference for the white horns on the helmet and not the yellow ones. Those white horns make the Rams look extremely rammy.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Because L.A. still doesn’t give a ****. This team could be unbeaten and Gurley could literally take flight during games like Superman and Angelenos would still rather avoid the traffic. It’s what Stan Kroenke and his squirrel hair deserve.

@casper90403

7. Saints

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Let us pause for a moment to salute Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara for being the first running back duo in league history to each have 1,500+ yards from the scrimmage in the same season. Is this the only RBBC in fantasy history to actually work? Without doing any research, I say yes. Unlike other heartless coaches, Sean Payton understands your fantasy needs.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Look at this ****:

Enough already, New Orleans. I know what happened to Saints fans the last time this team won a Super Bowl. GUMBO GUMBO GUMBO Y’ALL DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO MAH CITY AND MAH PAWPAW. Southerners think they’re the only people allowed to have food or parents.

@freddy fig

8. Titans

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: This has been Marcus Mariota’s worst season as a professional, but it sure would be nice to see him get his **** together and make some sort of miraculous, Eli-style playoff run. I can tell he’s nice because he’s Hawaiian!

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Because that 1999 Titans team wasn’t really all that good. Frankly, any time the Titans are good, they are still utterly underwhelming. This year’s supposedly promising outfit had a net point differential of -22. They don’t belong here. They belong at home and Mike Mularkey belongs in The XFL 2: The X-ening. And remember that Kerry Collins outfit that somehow went 13-3? That team was ****ing awful. I’m glad the Titans have never won jack ****.

tennhouse2 tennhouse2

9. Panthers

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Cam can be a clueless boob sometimes. But when he rolls out and starts throwing lasers 30 yards downfield…God, there’s no one else who can do what he does. And how nice would it be for him to win a title and finally shut down the take spigot? You could also make a very convincing case that this team is the NFC’s best hope to beat New England, and that more or less supersedes any other hang-ups I have about Carolina, except perhaps…

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Imagine the Panthers winning it all and Roger Goodell handing the Lombardi Trophy to Jerry ****ing Richardson, who is selling the team after this season because he couldn’t stop grabbing ***. Tell me that wouldn’t be the most NFL thing that has ever happened. Just a repulsive, horny old man standing triumphantly on a podium, insincerely dedicating his trophy to the fans. I know CBS isn’t doing the Super Bowl, but I guarantee Jim Nantz would hop on Facebook Live just to broadcast that moment personally, he’d be so touched.

@youngthundercat

10. Falcons

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: 28-3.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: 28-3. I’m sorry, but you guys had your chance and you blew it. I have zero interest in watching you blow it yet again. If this team gets a rematch with the Pats, they’ll lose by 70. It’s a lock. Go the **** away.

@Armada

11. Steelers

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR THEM: Because Todd Haley promises to ride the mechanical bull at the Tequila Cowboy if they win it all.

WHY THEY STILL SUCK: Oh god, **** no. In a weak moment, I can picture the Steelers being a palatable alternative to the Patriots, especially with Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown around to liven things up. But then I remember their fans, and I listen to Big Ben talk, and I see that their offense is NEVER healthy for the playoffs, and all of that potential good will is GONE. Gone forever. The Steelers should rot in a garbage dump.

That’s it. That’s all the playoff teams. Now let’s get to the games!

@spacedoodoo

where's my team? :nerd:

where's my team? :nerd:

The title of the article is "Why Your NFL Playoff Team Sucks"

:nerd:

So let us, for one brief moment, stick to football and rank these playoff teams by how sympathetic they are to the neutral fan. Eight of these teams didn’t to go the playoffs last year. Seven of them have never won a Super Bowl. That’s a nice little shot of fresh blood to the proceedings, until the Patriots swoop in and suckle every last drop of it. I’m aggravated already

:lol:

Pretty much...But since I wasn't around for the 4 SB losses, most of my pain is from the 3 NFCCG losses and Blair game. Just getting to the SB will feel so good as a fan, but I don't know how long that will last because if they lost it, I'm sure it would hurt too.

And the Blair miss did hurt a bit, but it was mostly funny. I probably took that one the best because it was half expected just as I fully expect the Vikings to mess up this postseason. It's how I've been built as a fan now, so I'm about as numb to it as one could get.

As a Vikes fan, I've suffered through the same pains as 651akathepaul 651akathepaul .

Wtbs, I'm still letting my nuts hang! Vikes are the team to beat in the NFC and I'm going with the odds that they finally won't let me down this time.

I'll be satisfied to at least play the SB at home. I want the Falcons and Panthers to win this weekend so we can avenge that fluke loss in Charlotte.

Zimmer really should get COTY one of these years,the way he's turned the Vikes into one of the Premier NFC squads during his time there has to be commended. Dude had Cincy playing tremendous defense and he's done the same in Minny

Zimmer really should get COTY one of these years,the way he's turned the Vikes into one of the Premier NFC squads during his time there has to be commended. Dude had Cincy playing tremendous defense and he's done the same in Minny

Can't tell you how ecstatic I was when they hired him. It had already felt like the stars were aligning...

They better win this ****

As a Vikes fan, I've suffered through the same pains as 651akathepaul 651akathepaul .

Wtbs, I'm still letting my nuts hang! Vikes are the team to beat in the NFC and I'm going with the odds that they finally won't let me down this time.

I'll be satisfied to at least play the SB at home. I want the Falcons and Panthers to win this weekend so we can avenge that fluke loss in Charlotte.

Yawn. Still not buying Minny as the clear cut favorite in the NFC. *shrug*

Then you obviously haven't been paying attention :lol:
Better wake yo *** up then!

Any team in the NFC can hand a L to the other 5. Y'all aren't THAT much better than any of the NFC playoff teams IF that :lol: Defense is solid, but Carolina ran for 200 on y'all not that long ago. The unit isn't teflon. And they definitely don't have a better offense than Atlanta, NO, LA, or Carolina. I've been paying very close attention.

nah...patriots dynasty is crumbling is the hot topic
giphy.gif

**** those.cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom