2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

:lol:

if Payton just ran the ball...none of this even happens :lol:

Yes, yes...but it's the principle! I'm looking bigger picture. I could not believe how many spots the refs missed this season, how inconsistent and subjective the forward progression rule was enforced, the missed false starts/offsides...The degradation of this **** is unbelievable. These are fundamental aspects of the game that I literally could do with 99.9% accuracy as a weekend ref when I was a Junior in HS.

To put it another way, I love watching old-school games from the late 80's through the 90's to the early 00's for the fun of it and have made a mental note of how much more accurate the calls were back in those days. I mean, if you're objective to start -- and we're not talking about the tuck rule or some of those infamous misses (which were actually the right calls based on the definition of the rules) -- it's pretty easy to see how much better the quality was. And it's because it's **** that happens nowadays that you took for granted back then...You would never constantly question some of this **** or think it was even an issue, because they mostly got it right. I just...spotting the ball, man. It's soooo easy to do, yet there's 2 or 3 glaring **** ups each game. That's just dumb.

Don't matter till they find a QB though, but especially can't win nothin' until they go back to their OG uni's.

upload_2019-3-28_20-51-1.jpeg

QB 2020.

Unis are coming. Getting the all white updated TBs this season.

Gates was my fav TE before Gronk and seeing him still playing is nuts but the only thing they have on him is longevity. His per game splits/averages when he was actually playing are second to none

It's funny that Jimmy Graham or Gronk actually used to be a debate on here :lol:

its wasnt a debate. it was cp in jimmys corner and everyone else on gronks corner.

How often they gonna wear 'em?

2020 looks promising for Q's.

I think between 3 to 6 times. The Greens might get 2 or 3, whites 1?

I’m good going the Oregon route and just having a bunch of selections.

The newer version looked way better without the blue, that bright orange trim was good too.

Always liked the Dolphins' old get-ups, but never knew how much until they got rid of them. They're all-time.

Wasn't a huge fan of the OGs.. but the nike updates are nasty.. still wanna see Houston go back to Oilers

And bills go to the right throwbacks.. and pats go to the pat patriots ones

Also ATL too.. would love to see them throwback the red ones

I like the Bills but prefer the blue helmets still, but Pats and Bucs, yes. The Oilers just seem like another time. They're not really the same franchise as the Texans and it wouldn't make sense anymore for Tennessee to do it, so that one is just gonna have to die with Warren Moon and Steve McNair...which is a good thing.

I like those too, but not as full-time. I'm good with the once or twice they wear them in one season.

As far as I can think, the best melding of old w/ new is the Broncos. Those color rush helmets are the absolute best I've seen, in my opinion. I like the old school for Denver, but meshing that with the new colors and that darker blue is frickin' flawless. I know I've liked some others, but those stand out the most and should probably be full-time.

The uniform pattern the Broncos use was a changing-of-the-guard pattern for all of pee-wee/junior and HS football in the mid-90's. You could get each and every color combo with that style in the Eastbay catalog. :lol:

Obviously I'm not a cowboys fan

But for what could be super clean.. dudes screw up with little things, the funny colored blueish grey pants for the white jerseys

Then the multiple shades of blue, then randomly throw black strips in the white jerseys with the royal blue while having navy on the helmet.. the blue on the pants and socks are a different blue from what's used for the jersey

Literally look at everything going on here:

IMG_6958.JPG

When they could have something simple and clean like:

IMG_6959.JPG

IMG_6960.JPG

But with the white helmets:
IMG_6961.JPG

Do we know what teams are getting new uniforms this year? Please tell me the Bucs somehow are.

Dammit. Just researched it and the Bucs owner said a few days ago that we aren’t getting new uniforms for this upcoming season...but he didn’t rule out new ones for 2020.

Random can anyone explain to me why in the NFL and other sports you can't have your entire roster available to you on game days, you have 53 guys on a roster, you should be able to use all 53.

Obviously I'm not a cowboys fan

But for what could be super clean.. dudes screw up with little things, the funny colored blueish grey pants for the white jerseys

Then the multiple shades of blue, then randomly throw black strips in the white jerseys with the royal blue while having navy on the helmet.. the blue on the pants and socks are a different blue from what's used for the jersey

Literally look at everything going on here:

IMG_6958.JPG

When they could have something simple and clean like:

IMG_6959.JPG

IMG_6960.JPG

But with the white helmets:
IMG_6961.JPG

I Love, LOVE our seafoam green pants!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom