2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
My first and favourite Air Jordan of all time.

I came out of retirement for the recent Shadow Xs and there's really only two other Jordans that could ever bring me back, these being one of them! (Cardinal VIIs being the other)
So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see further developments, however they need to be done right for me to even consider -good shape, decent comfort, proper Durabuck, correct shade of Infrared and Nike Air... hmm, we'll see lol.

8503943066_7411444be8_h.jpg

Im thinking heat from the molding of the heel makes the nubuck or whatever it is turn leathery. Thats why the 5s are like that. Same process.

Perhaps applying heat somehow would be a way to customize them into looking more OG. Maybe by meticulously putting at iron to it or heat gun trickery

Im thinking heat from the molding of the heel makes the nubuck or whatever it is turn leathery. Thats why the 5s are like that. Same process.

Perhaps applying heat somehow would be a way to customize them into looking more OG. Maybe by meticulously putting at iron to it or heat gun trickery
You’re going to burn the Durabuck right off if you’re not careful. If you look at a DS pair of 2000s, you’ll see that the put something on the material.

I actually dug up pictures of my old DMPs and Infrareds (2000s) the other day because of this thread and the talk about ankle/heel materials.

If they do this upcoming release well enough I might have to try to double up and custom one into Black/Gold, because I miss the **** out of these :lol:

Nikon Pics 211.JPG

Nikon Pics 222.JPG

2 05 13 Nikon 023.JPG

I came out of retirement for the recent Shadow Xs and there's really only two other Jordans that could ever bring me back, these being one of them! (Cardinal VIIs being the other)
So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see further developments, however they need to be done right for me to even consider -good shape, decent comfort, proper Durabuck, correct shade of Infrared and Nike Air... hmm, we'll see lol.

Wouldn’t mind seeing those air tech challenges again sometime soon I missed the most recent release

If I had money to blow, I'd buy a pretty used pair of Black Metallic's just to experiment with the durabuck and see if there's anything that can be applied to it to give it that leathery sheen.

Sold my 2014 pair yesterday. Sold my varsity reds and my infrared pack pair not too long ago. I may be in for 2 pairs of these

The 2014 pair looks wise are dope to me. I have the black varsities, and what I find amazing is how icy they still are. Yes, they are DS. But my infrared pack whites yellow up and are DS also. Never could understand that really. I never owned the 2000 retro. But did have them in hand when they released back then. The black v reds just didn't give me the feel of the original and neither did the Black infr from the pack. Honestly though, the 2014 did. Maybe the box, black paper, 3m idk. But they are held high in my collection. Regardless of comfort. I know a lot don't like the shade of red/pink whatever. But I wouldn't be mad if they repeated that honestly. If the next release had everything the 14 had with Nike air and more of the Durabuck heel look, Id be good. They def need to improve the comfort issue for sure.

Sucks I don't have any childhood pics when I got the og's for my bday. Was looking through my photo album. Not one. I had that pair for like 3 years. Beat them to the ground.

How many Jordan’s with Nike Air rumored to release next year? These, Fire red 4s, Black Cement 4s, possibly Splatters, and maybe militaries??

My 2000’s are just for looking at now. The air bubbles are foggy, durabuck is starting to crack, soles piss yellow and I feel if I tried to walk in them they would crumble but I’m still happy I have them.
Hope the new retros are a least close to these.
7011A31D-B285-4641-A79A-9453341FD952.jpeg
160BF3DB-4423-4555-B460-985DCD058DC2.jpeg
824BF181-294D-496D-9C95-0AC52EDC525A.jpeg
3E2D32D1-1DD5-4650-BC12-3522BF812AD1.jpeg
BE71A013-E3C0-46FF-82B4-1CB4CFF9F8CC.jpeg
2DFCE6A2-9F13-4069-958B-275922AD13F7.jpeg
94F900DA-FA5E-4023-9228-CB20BC7A996E.jpeg
493F71EB-9504-4FD6-9AB3-473BBB863631.jpeg
One of my top 5s. The uppers are in very good shape. I’d pay to have those soleswapped def worth it in my book

Thank you for posting this photo, now the heel material debate is over.

Regardless, of what the 2019's come out lookin' like....
They'll NEVER amount to these...

8)

s-l1600546575.jpg
s-l160057577.jpg
s-l16005647567.jpg
s-l16007778.jpg
s-l160057477.jpg
s-l1600786786.jpg

33109272_926224380885140_1587150308914495488_n.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-24+.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-19+.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

One of the top 3, greatest Jordan's of ALL-TIME.

Screw all thoughts, & opinions.

I have the 2010 Varsity Red's, and two pairs of the 2014's. I also recently acquired a pair, of the 2000's, back in January. I can't wait for the 2019's. If they're done right, I might triple up. I'm PRAYIN' for the DMP's shape, materials, 3m, and 2014's Infrared shade. Slightly darker though. I mean literally just a tad darker.

:lol:

Attachments

• umz401pqy9zkozuij3le.jpg
    umz401pqy9zkozuij3le.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 15
Trolling?
Not really. The 2000s were like walking around on cement slabs, the material tennis balled pretty quickly and the sole separated from the upper within a few months. These were hands down the most 'delicate' shoe Ive ever owned. Straight trash.

Whatever material that was, it was a bad decision. The surface couldnt wait to separate from the underside or bottom of the material, resulting in super easy sole separation and tennis balling.

Not really. The 2000s were like walking around on cement slabs, the material tennis balled pretty quickly and the sole separated from the upper within a few months. These were hands down the most 'delicate' shoe Ive ever owned. Straight trash.

Whatever material that was, it was a bad decision. The surface couldnt wait to separate from the underside or bottom of the material, resulting in super easy sole separation and tennis balling.

I can attest to this. The material used for the upper was paper thin. I mean thinner than a tongue, on a present day AJ 4. You can literally push your entire finger through the heel bumps. The material fades & flakes around the toe boxes, too.

I can attest to this. The material used for the upper was paper thin. I mean thinner than a tongue, on a present day AJ 4. You can literally push your entire finger through the heel bumps. The material fades & flakes around the toe boxes, too.
Especially the DS pairs. It’s funny because for years, I’ve seen reviews saying the durabuck used 2006-after was inferior. I had my 2000 pair 10 years after they dropped and they peeled easy. After 10 years, the durabuck on my black cat 3s doesn’t come off unless it’s scratched or scuffed hard

Especially the DS pairs. It’s funny because for years, I’ve seen reviews saying the durabuck used 2006-after was inferior. I had my 2000 pair 10 years after they dropped and they peeled easy. After 10 years, the durabuck on my black cat 3s doesn’t come off unless it’s scratched or scuffed hard
Judging them by that method is inaccurate imo. It’s all about how they were stored I have 2 pairs of black on black 10s from 05 with a little bit of nubuck on them, One pair I had worn more often and never kept them in the box. The other pair I picked up when I outgrew the first pair and used to wear them almost as much as the others but always cleaned them up and stored them. The nubuck on the first pair is exactly how u said they peeled easy & the other pair is still as good as new it’s pretty much subjective

I had bought a DS pair of the 2000 around 2009. Wore them for a few years. No issues at all.

Welp I wore my pair for years with no problems. Anyway I’m definitely excited about these. Can’t wait to get a new pair with NA that I can actually wear.

Back
Top Bottom