2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
For real. Wasn’t quite sure what dude was saying and putting OG in quotes like they weren’t.

As I said, to me, OG means how the silhouette originally released to the public.

I spent years fiending over the OG 1995 Concords, with the 23.

http://jordansdaily.com/2016/02/05/the-daily-jordan-air-jordan-11-concord-1995/2/

7D4E675B-D737-419F-A678-2D4717725146.jpeg

2C8C356A-8B31-4781-9223-32D80B8E4E94.jpeg

I get that and that’s fine. But like I said, to those, OG is how they debuted.

I guess I just don’t remember them being referred to as the OG’s in all honesty.

The 45’s were always referred to as a PE from what I remember.

Regardless, not the thread for it. To each his own.

Let’s hope these Infrareds come out nice.

There are some "Pre-Order" Pairs now up on eBay. I'm debating whether or not to buy. Paypal has 100% Money Back so I wouldn't be worried. The thing is you pay now, and they ship February.

I have 5 pairs of Black Cement 3s Nike Air 2017s, I wonder if I 'll be able to trade for Bred 4s or Infrareds 6s lol.

I kind of went overboard. I'd be happy with 3 of each, and then I'm done until Carmines Nike Air come out in a few years.

Last edited:
I can't wait. Bought the 2010 varsity reds after waiting forever for a red six release. and gave them to my lil bro and he wore them to the ground. I finally get to enjoy these all to myself!

I’m sure the 2010 synthetic nubuck is cracking by now. Checked my 2009 flu games and those are cracking.

There are some "Pre-Order" Pairs now up on eBay. I'm debating whether or not to buy. Paypal has 100% Money Back so I wouldn't be worried. The thing is you pay now, and they ship February.

I have 5 pairs of Black Cement 3s Nike Air 2017s, I wonder if I 'll be able to trade for Bred 4s or Infrareds 6s lol.

I kind of went overboard. I'd be happy with 3 of each, and then I'm done until Carmines Nike Air come out in a few years.

Don’t. There will be plenty to go around come release day.

The wait for All Star drops always suck. Last year for the Cement 3s, there weren’t practically any photos of the men’s pairs until January.
Here’s some more UA to tie us over :rofl:

They can. I went to the site that sold the sample, and finally found what exactly the brand called the shiny heel. It’s Anodized. With metal, anodizing is an electrochemical process that converts the metal surface into a decorative, durable, corrosion-resistant finish. Basically, it’s a coating to protect the metal and make it look shiny.

For the Metallic 5 and Infrared 6, the heel and ankle Durabuck was anodized with a coating, which is why it looks shiny and may feel smooth like leather. Jordan Brand made a test sample for the 2016 Metallic 5 that was anodized. They for sure can do it.
04EBF72E-B363-4FFC-BB09-A23E30655484.jpeg
AEBE0C6C-F2E7-4B1F-BB3F-BED370510617.jpeg
E2CC6EA0-3AD9-4887-8BA1-71DEAB86F8A8.jpeg
0A4C83D7-C731-410E-96C7-B5786E9735D9.jpeg
BE6509D6-F9AE-4C24-9554-EDD78F117C38.png
3E81B2AE-6BBB-4918-91B2-9CBBBA38F48B.jpeg
B1AC8D93-D568-4CF5-80F8-E72B42691249.png
C7A5CEF3-D1D4-4710-A8EC-166232114891.jpeg

I thought this was anodized material:

The wait for All Star drops always suck. Last year for the Cement 3s, there weren’t practically any photos of the men’s pairs until January.
Here’s some more UA to tie us over :rofl:

If the fakes have the contrast heel, I’m sure the Authentics will too...they had to get that information from somewhere lol :rofl:

I thought this was anodized material:

That’s anodized foamposite material. The actual material has something coating it.

Anodized Durabuck would look much different.

Where’s the guy that contacted Tinker Hatfield from the 11 thread? Maybe he could expand or tell us something else entirely about what was done to the heel.

Last edited:
The upper of a Foamposite is not fabric but a single piece of molded polyurethane
I think you’re right. I just saw a video that said something like that. I assume those 1s have the same material as the foamposite, so I wonder what makes them “anodized”.

I looked Up foamposite material, and saw no mention of the word Anodized.

I looked up anodized Foamposite and only saw the Anodized 1s.

When you look at the Anodized 1 colorways, they come in a Metallic silver, Metallic Red, Metallic Green, and Metallic Black colorway. So, I think Anodized was attached to these 1s because of the fact that they look Metallic. In other words, they’re called anodized because they resemble anodized aluminum, not because the material is Anodized. Kinda like Chrome on 4s or lace tips that isn’t actually Chrome. After all, Anodized is most used to describe coating on metals and aluminum.
708A7211-CC66-42A4-BB36-B735276E424D.jpeg

Don’t know if they could’ve just flat out called them the “Air Jordan 1 Foamposite”.

Last edited:
I think you’re right. I just saw a video that said something like that. I assume those 1s have the same material as the foamposite, so I wonder what makes them “anodized”.

As the research you posted stated anodized material gives an item a metallic look. The Jordan 6 heel doesn't give off that metallic look so it can't be considered anodized.

As the research you posted stated anodized material gives an item a metallic look. The Jordan 6 heel doesn't give off that metallic look so it can't be considered anodized.
Metal and aluminum already looks Metallic without being anodized, especially when polished. Anodizing metal and aluminum is more about the protective coating added to the metal or aluminum to make it more durable and resistant to wear and corrosion. It can be done to add a shiny look, shiny color look, or even a matte look. It’s more about the coating than the look.

Since anodizing is about coating, anodizing Durabuck would be adding coating to it. The 1991 heel is the same Durabuck on the rest of the shoe; the bump wasn’t touched, and the lace holes reveal the same grey wool layer that Durabuck has.
The 1991 heel is not only shiny, it feels like leather, it can scuff, and it holds up longer than the rest of the Durabuck on the shoe unless damaged. This is because the Durabuck is coated with something.
A22718E3-1A63-4E86-BB20-0BB5A28D90A3.jpeg
77F5AC92-F8DC-4B00-AB7D-95DAACDA0CF9.jpeg
D015443F-F02E-4935-9F85-C0834834D430.jpeg
47C721E5-C175-45CA-96CB-C50CEB5A0206.jpeg

Last edited:
All this info is pretty fascinating. Until this thread, I always thought the heal was just regular ol” leather and the rest of the shoe was durabuck. The contrast really makes this shoe stand out though, and the more og pics I see of it, the more I want it in this upcoming retro.

All this info is pretty fascinating. Until this thread, I always thought the heal was just regular ol” leather and the rest of the shoe was durabuck. The contrast really makes this shoe stand out though, and the more og pics I see of it, the more I want it in this upcoming retro.
This shoe has fascinated me ever since I got a SoleCollector in 2008 with all the OGs. There’s a lot of history with MJ and streetwear, but the actual shoe is self has a lot of history to it, including the fact that none of the retros but one come even close to looking like it.

@ogSlater can you please ask about the OG 1991 Black Infrared heel. We need to know exactly what was done to the Durabuck on the heel. I think this is a much bigger mystery and more important than the Bred 11 red tint.

Back
Top Bottom