2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I mean it’s just sad and pathetic how dudes are panicking and making baseless assumptions about these somehow not releasing all the sudden :smh:. Even if they’re postponed, they’re still releasing dawg. Give me a break already. Never seen dudes being so impatient and thirsty for a damn picture in all the years I’ve been on NikeTalk. Geez. Acting like these should be up on SNKRS already or something. ****ing wait!
model1.jpg

Id say youre between stage 1 and 2 at the moment :lol:

Close. A factory. With all walks of life, opinions and people I have to take orders from that are dumber than me.
If they promoted smart people it would be self cannibalization to the person doing the promoting.

The only answer is independence.

My company is no different than Nike/JB. They skim out as cheap as possible expecting the best results. Then they are baffled when our customers send product back with complaints. Its all about bottom line. Not giving quality products. And when you approach the "upper room" with the suggestions you know will make a better product, they frown at it due to the cost. I deal with it everyday. So, not to defend JB. But thats where stage 5 comes in. Lol. The next day is a reset.

Last edited:
they must have the market cornered
We do.

I work for a factory owned by Sealed Air. Im the manager of the dept that manufactures our specific product that we sell. I am all the time trying to push for what I know will be a better functioning and looking product. But the stiffs above me always shoot ideas down if it may cost more money. Like a Nike/JB, we make samples of great looking stuff for the show or display. Our machinery and materials have both been cheapened over my 18 years of working for them.
Not to derail, just to say I know why Nike does what they do. So complaints of quality of shoes over the years hit home for me. There are people out there that do know how to make them better. Ultimately it rests on the decision making of the *******s that make the most money regardless.

Last edited:
We do.

I work for a factory owned by Sealed Air. Im the manager of the dept that manufactures our specific product that we sell. I am all the time trying to push for what I know will be a better functioning and looking product. But the stiffs above me always shoot ideas down if it may cost more money. Like a Nike/JB, we make samples of great looking stuff for the show or display. Our machinery and materials have both been cheapened over my 18 years of working for them.
Not to derail, just to say I know why Nike does what they do. So complaints of quality of shoes over the years hit home for me. There are people out there that do know how to make them better. Ultimately it rests on the decision making of the *******s that make the most money regardless.
nah its just old man ignorance. They underestimate todays educated consumer. The further we go the worse things will get for them.

They do underestimate the consumer, and our value to the brand. But, as long as the figures look good, they are not gonna change overall. This shoe is one of my favorites of all time. But their arrogance seems to think they can just throw NA on the back and do the same thing they been doing for years. After the Cords got released, I really thought these were gonna be crazy good to the 1991. Maybe they still will be. Time will tell. At this point, I got way too many pairs to just buy whatever they give us. Details are becoming more important to still want to buy what I already have.

Its going to be interesting to see if they put out effort to change these up from the 2014s or if they actually do just put a NA on the back of the same shoe lol

the silence is only going to put a bigger spotlight on the answer to that

Its going to be interesting to see if they put out effort to change these up from the 2014s or if they actually do just put a NA on the back of the same shoe lol

the silence is only going to put a bigger spotlight on the answer to that
So far we have seen in early pics a diff shade of red and wider ankle pods with NA. Everything else looks the same to me. Just not enough. Understand though, Im still glad people would be hyped to get this version. Throwing no shade at all. I hope everyone gets theirs. Truth for sure.

I bet $500 that they release with 3M. Who wannna bet? Also they will have durabuck (today’s version). Bet $20.

Last edited:
So far we have seen in early pics a diff shade of red and wider ankle pods with NA. Everything else looks the same to me. Just not enough. Understand though, Im still glad people would be hyped to get this version. Throwing no shade at all. I hope everyone gets theirs. Truth for sure.

Show us these “early” pics you’re speaking about.

If we were playing a NT jeopardy game regarding how we think these will look I'd take "massively underwhelming and half-***ed" for 500. :lol: I hope JB proves me wrong and puts the same effort into these as they did '18 concords but I won't hold my breath.

Why do folks think they’ll turn out so bad? Even if you don’t trust UA pics, when has Jordan Brand ever released a retro 3-7 that ended up looking the exact same and having the exact same materials as the previous version?

1. The Color description is Infrared, not Infrared 23. Jordan Brand still uses Infrared 23 to this day, so if the color these is just Infrared, it’s bound to be different.
2. The current 6 shape is different than 2014. Many would agree it’s better now.
3. These are likely gonna be Durabuck entirely. Even if it’s entirely flat Durabuck with no contrast, many a while back said they didn’t need the contrast anyway.
4. We already know the Nike Air will likely be the same font as the Maroon 6. The high tongue also likely won’t be there, but no retro 6 has had that high 1991 tongue.

The only way it could be 2014 with Nike Air is if they use that Nubuck again.

Last edited:
They do underestimate the consumer, and our value to the brand. But, as long as the figures look good, they are not gonna change overall. This shoe is one of my favorites of all time. But their arrogance seems to think they can just throw NA on the back and do the same thing they been doing for years. After the Cords got released, I really thought these were gonna be crazy good to the 1991. Maybe they still will be. Time will tell. At this point, I got way too many pairs to just buy whatever they give us. Details are becoming more important to still want to buy what I already have.

Well said...and if they come out looking like the 2014s with Nike Air slapped on them, I'm passing. Nothing OG about those besides the Infrared color being close, and that's really debatable.

Well said...and if they come out looking like the 2014s with Nike Air slapped on them, I'm passing. Nothing OG about those besides the Infrared color being close, and that's really debatable.

Setting yourself up to pass then. They generally WILL look like the 2014. It is the same shoe and all. On feet they’ll likely just look like a black/infrared 6. The Nike Air is black so that won’t make a difference. Aqua just laid out the differences up there but if you and others are gonna be that much of some sticklers then you might as well just say you’re passing now. They’re not gonna be a 1 to 1 OG remake. Not sure what you’re expecting.

Setting yourself up to pass then. They generally WILL look like the 2014. It is the same shoe and all. On feet they’ll likely just look like a black/infrared 6. The Nike Air is black so that won’t make a difference. Aqua just laid out the differences up there but if you and others are gonna be that much of some sticklers then you might as well just say you’re passing now. They’re not gonna be a 1 to 1 OG remake. Not sure what you’re expecting.
I was gonna give some sort of a response but realized I don't even get your point. The current 6s don't even look like the 2014s, in regards to shape, and why not expect at least a full Durabuck shoe?

Back
Top Bottom