2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Don’t agree with Quiggles706 Quiggles706 , you and him were going back and forth when you posted that Jordan.com saying the contrast heel wasn’t super noticeable and was replicated on the 2019, and then come to find out a different angle of the same pair on the same website showed the contrast shiny heel clearly. You latch onto any person that is discussing something with me. You try to make me out to be some clown any chance you get.

I'm guessing you never heard of letting bygones be bygones

I honestly don’t understand why dude defending shoes that he can’t confirm being legit. Just keep it moving
You can’t confirm they aren’t retail. Is the siva pair fake too? Remember when you and Airsak had a back and forth about the 1991 he posted where the contrast wasn’t apparent, and then come to find out another angle showed it?

You’re saying I’m posting fakes, reasons you gave were the less visible contrast and sockliner having a different shape. I’m saying I’m not. Fineline’s Chicago store isn’t the only store that got retail pairs.

I know that a lot of retailers use photos that aren’t always taken by them. Matter fact, it’s some showing the 2014 right now. But I’m done, this too much of a headache

Last edited:
Contrast heel has people on edge right now. :lol: I know I was one of those people but for now all I along with everyone else can do is wait. Arguing about it and how it appears in certain light and crap isn't going to solve anything. Finelines pair showed it clear as day even in a low lit setting so that tells me retail pairs are likely to look the same overall. No need to be at each other's throats, the NT black infra pizza party is coming and everyone along with us contrast heel advocates will be pleased with these I'm sure. :lol:

tenor.gif

Now that I've seen pics of the 2019, I feel like throwing out my 2014 pinks. The pink color annoyed me when they came out, but I got over it, and now I'm mad at them again. I guess they will be my beater 6s now.

I don't know if there are any rock fans in here, but this is one of my favorite pictures of the infrareds. This is Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) at the Moore Theatre in Seattle in January 1992, just as the grunge scene (and the Bulls) were exploding. This is the famous shot from the "Even Flow" video where Eddie jumps from the balcony into the arms of the fans below. It really encapsulates the excitement of a revolutionary era in pop culture and sports. What an awesome time to be young!
PJ1.jpg

I don't know if there are any rock fans in here, but this is one of my favorite pictures of the infrareds. This is Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) at the Moore Theatre in Seattle in January 1992, just as the grunge scene (and the Bulls) were exploding. This is the famous shot from the "Even Flow" video where Eddie jumps from the balcony into the arms of the fans below. It really encapsulates the excitement of a revolutionary era in pop culture and sports. What an awesome time to be young!
PJ1.jpg

Yes, hence Man of the Hour in my name. PJ song. :wink:

Always loved seeing Ed in the 6. Hope he can secure a new pair. :lol:

You can’t confirm they aren’t retail. Is the siva pair fake too? Remember when you and Airsak had a back and forth about the 1991 he posted where the contrast wasn’t apparent, and then come to find out another angle showed it?

You’re saying I’m posting fakes, reasons you gave were the less visible contrast and sockliner having a different shape. I’m saying I’m not. Fineline’s Chicago store isn’t the only store that got retail pairs.
Tbf, they were fakes bein posted

A shock drop would definitely save this thread lol but if it doesnt happen tonight there probably wont even be one unfortunately smh

PJ1.jpg

Great video. I watched it so many times on MTV. I never noticed he was wearing 6s. Those guys are all huge NBA fans. They actually were named Mookie Blaylock before they changed it to Pearl Jam and the first record was called Ten because it was Mookie Blaylock's number I think when he played for the Hawks.

Yes, hence Man of the Hour in my name. PJ song. :wink:

Always loved seeing Ed in the 6. Hope he can secure a new pair. :lol:
PJ’
PJ1.jpg
Dude lots of different heads in here, not to mention that PJs former name was Mookie Blaylock

Quiggles706 Quiggles706 forest hills forest hills Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ @headdetective lamekilla lamekilla (all y’all lol)

Just chill guys. All of you have valid points and no ones right or wrong in this argument. You guys are not wrong in saying that aqua can’t confirm those pics are legit. That’s true. (who can at this point?) On the other hand, Aqua is not wrong in saying that lighting effects the visibility of the contrast heel because that’s also true. I have examined this shoe twice over throughout the years and have seen probably thousands of visuals/pics of this shoe in different lightings and settings. It’s definitely true that the contrast heel is not always picked up in the camera or in person especially. No matter how much you want the contrast heel to appear evident in every photo (because you want it so bad, I know, me too), you have to factor in the sheer physics of the situation. No evident contrast in a pic does not and should not automatically indicate that it’s fake. That’s all I think aqua is trying to say and I can’t fault him for that because that’s accurate.

Said it earlier in this thread but thinking back, the contrast heel on my 2000s (while even on foot) was not always visible to point that you just knew you were wearing a shoe with two different materials/panels separating the heel area from the rest of the shoe. Just looked like all the same black durabuck in most cases, as it was intended, I might add. I’m willing to bet OGs were the same way, even with the contrast heel being more evident in ‘91. Just look at old MJ pics of him wearing these. Not every picture clearly shows the contrast. Not to me at least.

Lastly, I’d be hard pressed to start saying that known legit sites like Sivas and (OMG) Nike themselves are now using fakes for promotional photos. I just can’t do it lol. I’ll let y’all fight that battle. And besides, there was speakings on Fineline himself slanging fakes just a few weeks ago so I wouldn’t take everything he post as gospel either. I’d trust Sivas and Nike over him at this point lol. Hell, I trust no one. Getting my pair from a retail store so I can be the judge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom