2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Quiggles706 Quiggles706 forest hills forest hills Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ @headdetective @lamekilla (all y’all lol)

Just chill guys. All of you have valid points and no ones right or wrong in this argument. You guys are not wrong in saying that aqua can’t confirm those pics are legit. That’s true. (who can at this point?) On the other hand, Aqua is not wrong in saying that lighting effects the visibility of the contrast heel because that’s also true. I have examined this shoe twice over throughout the years and have seen probably thousands of visuals/pics of this shoe in different lightings and settings. It’s definitely true that the contrast heel is not always picked up in the camera or in person especially. No matter how much you want the contrast heel to appear evident in every photo (because you want it so bad, I know, me too), you have to factor in the sheer physics of the situation. No evident contrast in a pic does not and should not automatically indicate that it’s fake. That’s all I think aqua is trying to say and I can’t fault him for that because that’s accurate.

Said it earlier in this thread but thinking back, the contrast heel on my 2000s (while even on foot) was not always visible to point that you just knew you were wearing a shoe with two different materials/panels separating the heel area from the rest of the shoe. Just looked like all the same black durabuck in most cases, as it was intended, I might add. I’m willing to bet OGs were the same way, even with the contrast heel being more evident in ‘91. Just look at old MJ pics of him wearing these. Not every picture clearly shows the contrast. Not to me at least.

Lastly, I’d be hard pressed to start saying that known legit sites like Sivas and (OMG) Nike themselves are now using fakes for promotional photos. I just can’t do it lol. I’ll let y’all fight that battle. And besides, there was speakings on Fineline himself slanging fakes just a few weeks ago so I wouldn’t take everything he post as gospel either. I’d trust Sivas and Nike over him at this point lol. Hell, I trust no one. Getting my pair from a retail store so I can be the judge.
Thank You
BC590B9A-8CBE-4656-B744-C3772F8DBA89.gif

Last edited:
did nike ever do an early drop?

me thinks its changed to being one week from release with early reserves

Looking back on previous early releases it looks like they were all around this time in relation to the release date. About 3 weeks prior. We may not get one if they don't drop tomorrow or Mon. It might be one of those damn Member Access exclusives.

So hyped about it being infrared season that I had to pull out the pack and see how they’re holding up. My black pair had been yellow like this since 6 years ago. They want all the “character” smoke lol. “Use sea glow”, they said :smh:. Still love em tho.
35439802-0C27-4F73-BFF6-3EC0ED6EC3A8.jpeg

E0216DBE-992A-4C88-87A1-BCC0B425A53C.jpeg

4C3425D2-C971-47BB-A70F-8C1D3DC88E57.jpeg

Cement 3 shock drop was on, Thursday January 25, 2018. It’s the 25th today; there may be one tonight. Or, since it’s a “shock” drop, maybe a completely random day and time.

I wonder if shock drops are tied to pair abundance.

Man, I wish they would drop em early.. although I missed out on the early release of bc3 anyway. I’ve been checking periodically the last couple days after the talk of it. :lol:

Threw on my varsitys today to stunt on the youngins (joke. Figured I should prob wear em before the sole starts crumbling) and they’re not that comfy. Although, they have low toe slant, similar to early Js. The red looks so dark after looking at the recent joints and ‘14s..

Quiggles706 Quiggles706 forest hills forest hills Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ @headdetective @lamekilla (all y’all lol)

Just chill guys. All of you have valid points and no ones right or wrong in this argument. You guys are not wrong in saying that aqua can’t confirm those pics are legit. That’s true. (who can at this point?) On the other hand, Aqua is not wrong in saying that lighting effects the visibility of the contrast heel because that’s also true. I have examined this shoe twice over throughout the years and have seen probably thousands of visuals/pics of this shoe in different lightings and settings. It’s definitely true that the contrast heel is not always picked up in the camera or in person especially. No matter how much you want the contrast heel to appear evident in every photo (because you want it so bad, I know, me too), you have to factor in the sheer physics of the situation. No evident contrast in a pic does not and should not automatically indicate that it’s fake. That’s all I think aqua is trying to say and I can’t fault him for that because that’s accurate.

Said it earlier in this thread but thinking back, the contrast heel on my 2000s (while even on foot) was not always visible to point that you just knew you were wearing a shoe with two different materials/panels separating the heel area from the rest of the shoe. Just looked like all the same black durabuck in most cases, as it was intended, I might add. I’m willing to bet OGs were the same way, even with the contrast heel being more evident in ‘91. Just look at old MJ pics of him wearing these. Not every picture clearly shows the contrast. Not to me at least.

Lastly, I’d be hard pressed to start saying that known legit sites like Sivas and (OMG) Nike themselves are now using fakes for promotional photos. I just can’t do it lol. I’ll let y’all fight that battle. And besides, there was speakings on Fineline himself slanging fakes just a few weeks ago so I wouldn’t take everything he post as gospel either. I’d trust Sivas and Nike over him at this point lol. Hell, I trust no one. Getting my pair from a retail store so I can be the judge.
I agree with all points. I don't have anything against aqua either and in fact I admire the guy for how dedicated he is in the research he does and when he comes to inform us on his findings. I admit I was a bit hasty and maybe even harsh regarding my judgements on these from the various retailer photos due to the contrast heel visibility but that's only because I REALLY need it on these. But I'm calm now. Can't wait for these to come out honestly.
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640-1.gif

Man, I wish they would drop em early.. although I missed out on the early release of bc3 anyway. I’ve been checking periodically the last couple days after the talk of it. :lol:

Threw on my varsitys today to stunt on the youngins (joke. Figured I should prob wear em before the sole starts crumbling) and they’re not that comfy. Although, they have low toe slant, similar to early Js. The red looks so dark after looking at the recent joints and ‘14s..
The red on the Varsity is so much darker than people realize. A lot haven’t in seen in person. My bro had a pair that he sold last year.

8F3B74B8-E8AC-4BB3-A6C1-74E9C20311B7.jpeg

**** the infrareds,I need these to drop again ASAP.
Might just be the lighting, but the heel contrast looks off. Plus is this the proper shade of rainbow?

After his watching his video, I appreciate the 2014 a little more. It served its purpose at the time. The pink wasn’t that bothersome, and stiff materials was the norm in the first half of the 2010s. Nike announced the remaster around the time those dropped, so its only natural the 2019 would be better than any retro of the sneaker.

Back
Top Bottom