2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
My biggest concern is now the ankle hole being cut out and not just a stitched diamond shape.

thats tied with NA, 3M and leathery heel.

I dont see them changing the mold much but anything could happen I guess.

A tell tale sign of change would be
wvoh1subjgry3hwscktv.jpg

That midfoot stripe panel and if it hooks down like that /\/\/\

or if it lazily just slants back like this \/\/\/
Air-Jordan-6-black-infrared-2014-on-feet-2.jpg

Its not a glaring detail but perhaps a litmus test on if they actually tinker with the current mold.

Last edited:
My biggest concern is now the ankle hole being cut out and not just a stitched diamond shape.

wvoh1subjgry3hwscktv.jpg

Its not a glaring detail but perhaps a litmus test on if they actually tinker with the current mold.

Funny how they actually do cut out the ankle hole on the gradeschool pairs now but not the men's pairs.
384665-145_01.jpg

The panels on the side are made to be almost flywire like creating a cage. On the retros they’re just there and cut in half with a fake panel on the ankle area.

I doubt Jordan brand will change that. I would really file that under asking for too much. Even the 2000 retro didn’t have that. It was a deep indent instead of another piece if i remember correctly

If they put out the same shoe from the 2014 release with Nike branding would you all be in? I don't know if I would or not honestly. They have to make some changes that get it a little closer to the original I'd think. Or else why release it so soon? This release is interesting because you would think they would understand that. IDK.

Why is that asking too much??

It wasnt too much for them to change it in the first place, whats keeping them from going back? It looks stupid.
Because no retro will get everything right. They correct a few things, leave others. You think they’ll correct the shape, fix the color, Fix the smooth heel, fix the tongue height, fix the comfort, fix the ankle pods, fix the boot toe box, maintain the 3m, and fix the ankle piece too? It’s not a matter of could they fix all these things, but how much will they fix? I’m just being realistic.

Most likely, the Infrared will change, they’ll use the same durabuck from the Metallic 5s and MAYBE replicate the 2000 heel, and maintain 3m. The tongue height may raise a little, and the ankle pods may come out a little more.

overall I didn’t mind the 14s

I had 3 pairs but sold all of em knowing they’d drop again

sold the 2000s too before they crumbled

I always take the newest edition cause I don’t want a closet full of crumbled shoes

it’s just pointless, def not that type of buyer

Because no retro will get everything right. They correct a few things, leave others. You think they’ll correct the shape, fix the color, Fix the smooth heel, fix the tongue height, fix the comfort, fix the ankle pods, fix the boot toe box, maintain the 3m, and fix the ankle piece too? It’s not a matter of could they fix all these things, but how much will they fix? I’m just being realistic.

Most likely, the Infrared will change, they’ll use the same durabuck from the Metallic 5s and MAYBE replicate the 2000 heel, and maintain 3m. The tongue height may raise a little, and the ankle pods may come out a little more.

I see your point and raise you Air Max 1 anniversaries. That excuse is a myth. As far as Im concerned, the only reason they dont hit all the right details is because their employees are trash at what they do. Ive always felt that way about it. Im not buying that "its a marketing tactic" excuse because theyve already contradicted that. Not only did red anniversary 1s sell out, they continued to do so on what? 3 restocks now? What sense would it make to expect them to sit when they return in so many years? People like fresh kicks. That leave em wanting more bs is cringy and bad for business, its doing the opposite of what they want out of it. Keep making things as a cheap replica and the future generation WILL lose interest. The shoes need to come correct because at some point theyre going to need to take on a life of their own without the Jordan on court memories to lean on. They need to be desired because of what they are, and that will be a lot easier if they make them how they were originally designed.

wvoh1subjgry3hwscktv.jpg

Only change I care about is that leather back

I know Jordan Brand has released shoes changing minor details for years. We all know that by now. But nowadays why would they keep that trend? They have the capabilities to give a complete 100% retro. Shape maybe excluded. They should just do it. Test the market and see the effects. Id bet they would be happy with results. And before I get, they would sell anyway, what really stops them from going all in? Nike is not worried about money. At All.

I know Jordan Brand has released shoes changing minor details for years. We all know that by now. But nowadays why would they keep that trend? They have the capabilities to give a complete 100% retro. Shape maybe excluded. They should just do it. Test the market and see the effects. Id bet they would be happy with results. And before I get, they would sell anyway, what really stops them from going all in? Nike is not worried about money. At All.
They don’t go all in BECAUSE they’ll still sell. I’ll never forget shaking my head at everyone being Wow’d by the 3m on the 2014.

Requests for the OG heel are growing, maybe that’ll be the big detail that sells this pair in addition to the Nike air.

I see your point and raise you Air Max 1 anniversaries. That excuse is a myth. As far as Im concerned, the only reason they dont hit all the right details is because their employees are trash at what they do. Ive always felt that way about it. Im not buying that "its a marketing tactic" excuse because theyve already contradicted that. Not only did red anniversary 1s sell out, they continued to do so on what? 3 restocks now? What sense would it make to expect them to sit when they return in so many years? People like fresh kicks. That leave em wanting more bs is cringy and bad for business, its doing the opposite of what they want out of it. Keep making things as a cheap replica and the future generation WILL lose interest. The shoes need to come correct because at some point theyre going to need to take on a life of their own without the Jordan on court memories to lean on. They need to be desired because of what they are, and that will be a lot easier if they make them how they were originally designed.
They’ve been making cheap kicks for over 10 years. You can’t conpare other Nikes, because those don’t sell like Jordans anyway. Someone on NT pointed out that retro+ and shelf sitters always have superior quality because it sells those shoes. Popularity sells the OGs and other hype stuff

We know it’s durabuck. He’s talking about the look/aesthetic. You know what he meant.

Yeah I know what he meant but isnt it just an inaccurate request on its face though? The back isn’t leather. Why not just say you want shiny durabuck like the OG or “thin” durabuck or whatever y’all was calling it earlier in the thread lol. Just an observation. Not trying to start any trouble my duke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom