2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I know Jordan Brand has released shoes changing minor details for years. We all know that by now. But nowadays why would they keep that trend? They have the capabilities to give a complete 100% retro. Shape maybe excluded. They should just do it. Test the market and see the effects. Id bet they would be happy with results. And before I get, they would sell anyway, what really stops them from going all in? Nike is not worried about money. At All.

Nothing but ignorance and poor foresight. Maybe the guys in the Nike division are simply smarter than the ones in the Jordan division. That would explain why this subforum produces such sweet low hanging fruit to clown on. Its not really like this in the Nike Retro section. Half the reason I come here is to crack jokes lol

I pray for the day to come where they get their **** together and shut me up.

Id say they need to 'take out the trash' but it seems the only thing theyre "going all in" on is even more bad taste and cut corners by re-hiring King Trash himself.

Needless to say, Im not expecting much out of 2019. I wont be surprised if these are just as lackluster as the BC3 because they have no incentive to improve anything, especially now. I just wish the Charcoal 7s wouldve come out in 2015/2016 when they slightly cared that one time. Never forget.

Last edited:
Nothing but ignorance and poor foresight. Maybe the guys in the Nike division are simply smarter than the ones in the Jordan division. That would explain why this subforum produces such sweet low hanging fruit to clown on. Its not really like this in the Nike Retro section. Half the reason I come here is to crack jokes lol

Id say they need to 'take out the trash' but it seems the only thing theyre "going all in" on is even more bad taste and cut corners by re-hiring King Trash himself.

Needless to say, Im not expecting much out of 2019. I wont be surprised if these are just as lackluster as the BC3 because they have no incentive to improve anything, especially now. I just wish the Charcoal 7s wouldve come out in 2015/2016 when they slightly cared that one time. Never forget.

Has Nike brought back the og air bubble on the air maxes? Sorry I’m barely on the Nike section forum

The only way I won’t cop the infrared is i they give us that same nubuck material from 2014. It needs to be durabuck or pass

Has Nike brought back the og air bubble on the air maxes? Sorry I’m barely on the Nike section forum

The only way I won’t cop the infrared is i they give us that same nubuck material from 2014. It needs to be durabuck or pass

No they haven't. Air Maxes aren't even close to what they use to be. The Air Trainer SC, Bo Jackson's famous shoe, still uses subpar materials far worse than any Jordan model. Plastic fake leather every time not to mention no forefoot air on any Nike Air retro. It's a joke.

No they haven't. Air Maxes aren't even close to what they use to be. The Air Trainer SC, Bo Jackson's famous shoe, still uses subpar materials far worse than any Jordan model. Plastic fake leather every time not to mention no forefoot air on any Nike Air retro. It's a joke.
I dont buy too many nike retros. but, my 180 barkley's from 2016 and my Billy boyles both feel like they have forefoot air. If this is in fact incorrect, please let me know. but, I like both of those retros

I dont buy too many nike retros. but, my 180 barkley's from 2016 and my Billy boyles both feel like they have forefoot air. If this is in fact incorrect, please let me know. but, I like both of those retros

Yeah they dont have forefoot air. The only Nike retro with forefoot air is a shoe where its visible like the Air Max 95 for example. Its all about saving that money. Jordans do have forefoot air though.

Yeah they dont have forefoot air. The only Nike retro with forefoot air is a shoe where its visible like the Air Max 95 for example. Its all about saving that money. Jordans do have forefoot air though.
Really!?!?
I swear both those shoes feel like theres forefoot air. I'm not gonna saw them in half to check. I have to take your word for it

Yall are trippin lol

I have a pair of pagasus 83s that most certainly have air in the forefoot. I can feel the one on the left shoe isnt situated properly and I can feel the bump.

As far as Air Max 1s go, they never had air in the forefoot to begin with, and the air they do have is pretty damn close to the originals (especially the ones made in Vietnam for some reason). They put air in the forefoot of the 95s because thats the first time it showed up on an airmax, visible or not. Granted, its not the 1986 bubble.

If we're complaining about air bubbles then bring up 93's. 87s are fine.

Forefoot Air is definitely still used on a lot of Nike retros. Idk where the hell ARK is getting that from. Sure sometimes it’s not used (I guess) but most of the time if a shoe is supposed to have it, it has it. You might not feel it in some cases like you used to be able to, but it’s there.

The forefoot air is there, but its probably smaller than it originally was and a lot of retros tend to have VERY FIRM midsoles, which would make it difficult to feel anyway.

You post as if they could possibly be reading all of this. Not an insult btw. Its like your on a mission for them to get these retros correct. I don't really follow the Nike section very much. Mostly Jordans, but if Nike is getting their retros right. And they made it a point to get the 1 right, it really is no excuse for the same to apply to Jordans.

You post as if they could possibly be reading all of this. Not an insult btw. Its like your on a mission for them to get these retros correct. I don't really follow the Nike section very much. Mostly Jordans, but if Nike is getting their retros right. And they made it a point to get the 1 right, it really is no excuse for the same to apply to Jordans.
But it means that they do have people working at the company that are able to pay attention to details that may seem minor but actually have a huge impact on the overall look and feel of a shoe. People who work in the JB division should be capable of the same thing.

The problem is that it’s the very rare exception to the rule when they do get a retro right (Nike included). It boils down to who’s in charge of it and what are they actually responsible to deliver. In almost all cases I would bet their main deliverable is a certain cost per unit. I do think that the overall lack of quality and attention to detail will erode many people’s interest in the brand over time. Nostalgia is pretty much what they’ve been banking on but it’s nonexistent with the younger generations and it’s starting to show.

We can debate this forever but unless they change their corporate goals and focus on quality and details we won’t see anything change. The changes will only come through customer demand.

Forefoot Air is definitely still used on a lot of Nike retros. Idk where the hell ARK is getting that from. Sure sometimes it’s not used (I guess) but most of the time if a shoe is supposed to have it, it has it. You might not feel it in some cases like you used to be able to, but it’s there.

It’s not there guys. Air Tech Challenge 3 retros. Air Tech Challenge 2 Retros. Air Trainer Huarache Retros. Any Bo Jackson. Recent Air 180 retros. No forefoot air. Those are lifestyle shoes now. Nike doesn’t put forefoot air in Nike lifestyle retros. Nike Sportswear is a lifestyle line only. It saves money to put no forefoot air in them.

It’s not there guys. Air Tech Challenge 3 retros. Air Tech Challenge 2 Retros. Air Trainer Huarache Retros. Any Bo Jackson. Recent Air 180 retros. No forefoot air. Those are lifestyle shoes now. Nike doesn’t put forefoot air in Nike lifestyle retros. Nike Sportswear is a lifestyle line only. It saves money to put no forefoot air in them.

Then how do you explain my Nike sportswear huarache retros that I know for a fact have forefoot air? In all of them. You’re kinda wild’n but it’s ok. I understand what you’re saying but it’s not across the board or in every case like you’re claiming. Sometimes they leave it out and sometimes they don’t.

ngl there's a part of me that hopes my posts find their way into the Jordan Brand offices so that the ones who still care and/or hate Gentry will have something to laugh about. Id imagine a few heads there applied at JB because they grew up loving the shoes like I do. Id also imagine they use the same internet we do and browse the internet's largest forum dedicated to the very brand they work for like I do.

The writing is on the wall though, Ive lost hope in them getting these things right for the foreseeable future. Now its just clown time. 2015-2016 was a great era for JB

Then how do you explain my Nike sportswear huarache retros that I know for a fact have forefoot air? In all of them. You’re kinda wild’n but it’s ok. I understand what you’re saying but it’s not across the board or in every case like you’re claiming. Sometimes they leave it out and sometimes they don’t.

Maybe higher profile lifestyle shoes like the huarache includes it? Nike did release an updated modern version so maybe they included it in the retro. Generally though every retro release that I’ve come across and sitting in my closet at the moment does not come with forefoot air.

It could even be that Nike lost the mold to some retros and had to recreate them and in doing so left the forefoot out? Who knows really.

Trying to follow here so excuse if I didn't read this correctly but are you saying here JB has gotten the AJ1 right?

Maybe higher profile lifestyle shoes like the huarache includes it? Nike did release an updated modern version so maybe they included it in the retro. Generally though every retro release that I’ve come across and sitting in my closet at the moment does not come with forefoot air.

It could even be that Nike lost the mold to some retros and had to recreate them and in doing so left the forefoot out? Who knows really.

Higher profile?! Lol

Trying to follow here so excuse if I didn't read this correctly but are you saying here JB has gotten the AJ1 right?
Maybe not 100%. It just seems with the original colorways they put a little more effort into getting them closer.

There are still 3 or 4 things that need to be done with 1s but for some reason Im ok with the mold on those. They look sleek with this conical/ slanted heel as opposed to the oatmeal can they used to be. And the little swoosh isnt that bad. Though bred style colorways could use more swoosh for a better balance of color on the side in that negative space. And Im not holding my breath for a re-tooled midsole. Seems like they avoid messing with anything below the upper on any model. The outsoles/midsoles are evidently set in stone. Even though they have plenty of money to throw at it.

I firmly believe that is the root cause of everything being slightly off now. Starts from the ground up.

I agree, the 1's have probably gotten the "best" treatment overall with the retro lines. But they are still just not fully there. The little swoosh to me IS a big deal - how hard is it to get this proper honestly?

It's been so long now that the OG molds are basically forgotten by the public, which isn't a surprise but sometimes we all do need a refresher :lol:

1985_nike_basketball_catalog.jpg

Jordan.jpg

Sorry to stray off thread topic.

Back
Top Bottom