2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
As long as they look like this in hand I'm content.
B1559BC8-A795-4499-A0F8-CE63410DD2D3.png

I hope you have YouTube style video camera lighting setup everytime you have them hand otherwise you’re almost certainly setting yourself up for disappointed. Just saying. JB don’t care about us that much lol.

Last edited:
The problem with Gentry was cutting costs on materials and quality (and refusing to use NA). I think some of the retro+ colorways from his era were actually pretty good.
I’m not sure if he did the 2010 line up, but those were okay minus the laker pair. The GMP and Olympic 6 from 2012 were already designed under him years prior. I think whoever was designing retro+ 6s in 2014 needs to come back; the toro, spike lee, C&C, and manga 6s were cool. The Gatorade collection was fine, but the Tinker, flints, and a few other 6s after 2014 have been terrible(Infrared is the only thing wrong with the Tinker 6, everything else is just right). They butchered the black cat 6 with all those perforations. The Wheat 6s would’ve been perfect without that white midsole. Those chameleon 6s would’ve been perfect with the current shape. The alternate 6s should’ve been Hare 6s. The Diffused Blue 6 would’ve been perfect with a more contrasting color on the midsole and tongue accents.

1s team is getting lazy too, so many SBB colorblocking or Chicago color blocking. They’re not bad, and I’m sure 1s fans love them, but they’re also getting old.

Last edited:
I hope you have YouTube style video camera lighting setup everytime you have them hand otherwise you’re almost certainly setting yourself up for disappointed. Just saying
As long as the heel is that noticeable in person I'll be content. Shouldn't need a good camera and light set up to see it. I know the rest of the shoe will be good so I'm not worried about the rest.

Fineline has cherry picked the best pairs for his videos before. Maybe he did so with the 6s? When he’s doing 1s with tumbled leather, he’ll pick a pair that has nice tumbled leather. He got so many people’s hopes up for the shadow 1s, despite most coming without the tumble

He didn’t do any of those. He left JB around 2010/11, and came back last March.

If anything, there’s a misconception about Gentry. The majority of retro+ he designed from 99-2009 are revered as the best retro+. I’m sure NT disagrees because many don’t like retro+ at all. His bad rep comes from his treatment of OG retros, and the crap materials. A large majority of OG retros under him were way off and had crap quality. What made it worse was him saying he did it so that OG collectors could feel special that they were “smart enough” to still have the OG. Now, he gets blamed for any bad retro+, or fault of JB.

I’d argue Gentry was better at retro+ than whoever replaced him. Sure you can point out a few retro+ that sucked, but his team actually did right by retro+. We have no idea what he’s designed since he’s been back.

Whenever you point that out, you’re called Gentry. It’s right on cue too lol.
See I thought he left after 2014

Not all Retro+ colors are bad. What about the Hyper royal 13? Chambray and Citrus 7’s? A lot of the cool grey models. Black chrome 8’s. Black caro 14’s. Etc.

Not all Retro+ colors are bad. What about the Hyper royal 13? Chambray and Citrus 7’s? A lot of the cool grey models. Black chrome 8’s. Black caro 14’s. Etc.
I love retro+. I think JB does retro+ 6s and 7s horribly, but they’ve done 8s very well and 9s for the most part too. 1s, 4s(until this year), and 12s have been great too. 10s retro+ since 2014 have been awful. 13s have had more misses than hits. There have been a few decent 2s too. 3s for the last decade have had more misses than hits too.

Of all the Non-OG cw's, I only got down with the Columbia 4's, Cool Grey 11's, Mocha 3's, and Laney 5's (not the new all blue ones). Everything else is garbage to me.

Black Motorsport 4
Motorsport 4
Blue suede 5
Carolina 6
Diffused blue 6
Hyper royal 13

All flames

The over usage of blue in the Ferrari logo killed the blk/Carolina 14 for me. Should’ve been blk/silver logo

Hopefully Gentry breathes some life back into 6s. I wouldn’t be surprised if the PE 7s and the other NBA themed shoes scheduled this year were his idea. I believe his team designed a lot of the Fire PEs from the 2000s. JB definitely could’ve run out of ideas, and finally decided to make nba team themed Jays. Idk if he had anything to do with 2019’s schedule though.

Back
Top Bottom