2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Lol...exactly what I say all the time to those clowns.....I take care of my kicks really well...so no need for that BS

Yep, even for example my fire ref 4's basically look brand new. I'm not a child, I don't get my shoes "dirty" and if I do I would clean them myself.

No one is touching my shoes, food, woman, or kid.

I guess my experiences with those shoe cleaning folks over the years contradict most of the people who had negative experiences with them. I never have nor never will use their chemicals because I have many shoes to wear and I don't get them dirty as an older person because I'm more aware when not to wear them. And it's not like I wear them in mud, I certainly don't wear most of my Jordans when it rains, and I keep them indoors and never expose them to outside elements when not being worn.

I guess I'm lucky I never encountered pushy people trying to slang me their chemical products. I always spurn their offer politely when they try to initiate a free cleaning and they don't keep pestering me to accept their offer. I certainly never had anyone come physically close to me to persuade me thankfully, I never thought that was possible.

My local finish line said they only got half their pairs today.. gonna get a late shipment aka restock.

I found that interesting.
the footlicker in southern oregon said they ony got 8 pairs because the shipment was delayed by the I-5 being closed, maybe the snow f'd yall up too.

07C9E670-F832-48BD-9D3F-257459E35FAD.jpeg
devil’s in the details - well done release easy cop at the Santa Monica Nike store this AM

Attachments

• 65DD55CD-E541-484B-8594-3A3A4E6FD1F2.jpeg
    65DD55CD-E541-484B-8594-3A3A4E6FD1F2.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 29
I didn't try for the 2014 back then. I assume it was much harder t
I guess my experiences with those shoe cleaning folks over the years contradict most of the people who had negative experiences with them. I never have nor never will use their chemicals because I have many shoes to wear and I don't get them dirty as an older person because I'm more aware when not to wear them. And it's not like I wear them in mud, I certainly don't wear most of my Jordans when it rains, and I keep them indoors and never expose them to outside elements when not being worn.

I guess I'm lucky I never encountered pushy people trying to slang me their chemical products. I always spurn their offer politely when they try to initiate a free cleaning and they don't keep pestering me to accept their offer. I certainly never had anyone come physically close to me to persuade me thankfully, I never thought that was possible.

True that. When I see them at the mall they don’t act pushy cause they can see that my kicks are clean.

See living in NY the sneaker cleaners would never do that. We really don’t make it easy to approach us let alone get close enough to spray something on our kicks

I never saw these 6's in person (in my hands). I always loved my 2000 Infrareds. I took my 2000 Infrareds today while I went to stores to look at them in person.

I am a Jordan lover and wearer since 1996. I lived through some of the best 1st generation retros when the quality and shape was amazing. As a person growing up in the 90's and 2000's, the shape of the jordans were sleek and done right. The bulky look was not something people really liked back then. When the 6's released back in August of 2000. It was the best sneaker to go to 1st day of school with. The quality, the material, the finish, "THE SHAPE". It was everything you can wish for as a sneakerhead / collector. I am so glad I was into rock one and stock one back in 99.

Back to today - So I went into Footlocker , Footaction & Finishline to look at the infrared VI's, I knew there were some remaining.

COLOR - The color was the same as the 2014 (InfraPink). These are not infrared. If the 1991 was not pinkish. It was red. It was a very vibrant red. I remember them because my brother bought them in 1991.

SHAPE - Boy are these some bulky boots. You think you getting a nice toe box and sleek look. WRONG, these are just some hard material wide bulky sneaker that contours nothing to your foot. Unless you have some really fat foot, you will be swimming in them. 2000 Pair fits nice and snug on your foot and are very light.

COMFORT - These were very uncomfortable to walk in. I am not sure who said these are comfortable. 2000 Pair are like walking on air and you feel the nice soft midsole / Air unit.

FINISH - These 2019 pair were so sloppy with the paint, I didn't notice much glue marks all over, but the paint job on these are disastrous. The paint on the midsole design is bleeding over. Some heels had the red visible underneath the black paint. You have to be kidding me that you people are willing to pay $200+ for these. If had a taste of the 2000 pair, you would instantly return these.

The Manager at Footlocker along with some associates were amazed that I had the 2000 Infrared's DS still. He also asked what I think about the new release. He asked if I could take it out to compare and looked at the 2019's and also agreed with me. He explained that majority of the pairs were bought by the same resellers.

At the end of the day, there is a hand full of people who would understand what I am saying and they were on Niketalk back in 1999. Ya'll now generation sneakerheads see these as grails.. im sorry, the reason why the infrared 6's were considered grails is because of the the beauty behind that retro in 2000. It was a masterpiece. It was worth more then $500 for a reason. Now I am glad I walked away from these. wouldn't buy them at all.

This was just an opinion from an dude who wore Jay's back in the day when there was no such things as lines or hype. This forum allows me to speak my mind. I from time to time read y'all comments and see what the current trends are. Please don't troll me or take any offense, this is to give you an account from a person who loves the "Black / Deep Infrared" 6's

Jordan 6.jpg

This guy trying to school us on the '91 Infrared when he started wearing J's in '96 and missed the initial 3-peat. :lol:

do these fit the same as the 2014 pair?

No, they fit just a little smaller than 2014. I'm a size 10 and the 2014 size 10's were a little bit loose on me, and the 2014 9.5's were a little too tight. The 2019 size 10 fit PERFECT on me. So IMO I would suggest going TTS on these but YMMV.

Exposed yourself with that comment and the 2000's were like walking on air.

giphy.gif

I noticed people have this sort of child like view of things that were released when they were young. Memories are attached, and you associate that with them. Therefore people develop unrealistic comparisons and view the item to be more than it was.
Im glad I found this reply before I found that dude's original post. This was exactly what I was going to say right down to the westbrook gif. 2000s felt like walking on air huh? :stoneface:

I was initially thinking the color on the ‘14 was a different enough hue from the new ones to have a different look. But after comparing the two in person, they’re quite close. Of course, the ‘14 is more pink and ‘19 more orange. But given the better material, darker black, NA, etc. on the ‘19.. I wish I would’ve dumped ‘14s when they were pulling more scratch.

Weird thing is.. the lacelock on the new ones looks like a lighter ‘pink’ than 14s on mine.

I was initially thinking the color on the ‘14 was a different enough hue from the new ones to have a different look. But after comparing the two in person, they’re quite close. Of course, the ‘14 is more pink and ‘19 more orange. But given the better material, darker black, NA, etc. on the ‘19.. I wish I would’ve dumped ‘14s when they were pulling more scratch.

Weird thing is.. the lacelock on the new ones looks like a lighter ‘pink’ than 14s on mine.
I dumped my used 14 pair for a bill yesterday. Great shape...id worn prolly 10 times. Seemed fair to me. Got 2 of these beauties now.

After looking at all the comparison vids and pics I think it’s safe to say that the main difference that stands out between the 2019 and the 2014 is the 2014 pair being pure trash. It’s almost hard to catch at first but you’ll see it every time. It’s mainly in the midsole, upper and entire shoe.

Last edited:
I never saw these 6's in person (in my hands). I always loved my 2000 Infrareds. I took my 2000 Infrareds today while I went to stores to look at them in person.

I am a Jordan lover and wearer since 1996. I lived through some of the best 1st generation retros when the quality and shape was amazing. As a person growing up in the 90's and 2000's, the shape of the jordans were sleek and done right. The bulky look was not something people really liked back then. When the 6's released back in August of 2000. It was the best sneaker to go to 1st day of school with. The quality, the material, the finish, "THE SHAPE". It was everything you can wish for as a sneakerhead / collector. I am so glad I was into rock one and stock one back in 99.

Back to today - So I went into Footlocker , Footaction & Finishline to look at the infrared VI's, I knew there were some remaining.

COLOR - The color was the same as the 2014 (InfraPink). These are not infrared. If the 1991 was not pinkish. It was red. It was a very vibrant red. I remember them because my brother bought them in 1991.

SHAPE - Boy are these some bulky boots. You think you getting a nice toe box and sleek look. WRONG, these are just some hard material wide bulky sneaker that contours nothing to your foot. Unless you have some really fat foot, you will be swimming in them. 2000 Pair fits nice and snug on your foot and are very light.

COMFORT - These were very uncomfortable to walk in. I am not sure who said these are comfortable. 2000 Pair are like walking on air and you feel the nice soft midsole / Air unit.

FINISH - These 2019 pair were so sloppy with the paint, I didn't notice much glue marks all over, but the paint job on these are disastrous. The paint on the midsole design is bleeding over. Some heels had the red visible underneath the black paint. You have to be kidding me that you people are willing to pay $200+ for these. If had a taste of the 2000 pair, you would instantly return these.

The Manager at Footlocker along with some associates were amazed that I had the 2000 Infrared's DS still. He also asked what I think about the new release. He asked if I could take it out to compare and looked at the 2019's and also agreed with me. He explained that majority of the pairs were bought by the same resellers.

At the end of the day, there is a hand full of people who would understand what I am saying and they were on Niketalk back in 1999. Ya'll now generation sneakerheads see these as grails.. im sorry, the reason why the infrared 6's were considered grails is because of the the beauty behind that retro in 2000. It was a masterpiece. It was worth more then $500 for a reason. Now I am glad I walked away from these. wouldn't buy them at all.

This was just an opinion from an dude who wore Jay's back in the day when there was no such things as lines or hype. This forum allows me to speak my mind. I from time to time read y'all comments and see what the current trends are. Please don't troll me or take any offense, this is to give you an account from a person who loves the "Black / Deep Infrared" 6's

Jordan 6.jpg
so your saying you wore a 19 year old shoe that was previously deadstock to the store?

and the midsole didnt crumble? paint not even cracked?

Back
Top Bottom