2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Answer without another question. I’m just asking is it for aesthetics or is it more comfortable? Seems like it’s a detail Jordan Brand won’t budge on
Its simply a detail the 91 had. No idea why they have not brought it back yet. I responded with the question only because yours was easily something you of all knew the answer to.

Its simply a detail the 91 had. No idea why they have not brought it back yet. I responded with the question only because yours was easily something you of all knew the answer to.
No, I’m asking why it’s important to people who want it back. Not everyone in thread wants every single og detail to return, and the ones that do have specific details they want have stated why.

No, I’m asking why it’s important to people who want it back. Not everyone in thread wants every single og detail to return, and the ones that do have specific details they want have stated why.
Do you want the high tongue back?

I wouldn’t mind it. Is it more comfortable?
I had some beat originals way back when. The tongue height never really gave a difference in comfort to me. To some, the higher tongue may be more of an annoyance. The majority in here at least, want it back because it was on the original. There really is not much more to say than that.

I think the tongue may already be a little higher, not MJ pairs higher, but a little high Than before.
Also, i stand by the current shape and think we’ll like it on the Infrareds
E8D9DE1E-017A-4A06-B170-FE350730F004.jpeg
EADF3861-586A-4F3D-A1E5-648038A8CCA4.jpeg
050799AD-41DB-4E50-8EF0-9A93FB2D7CF9.jpeg
BD143EDA-B4E1-49BC-AEA0-D7B9A8047945.jpeg

The majority in here at least, want it back because it was on the original. There really is not much more to say than that.
Speaking for myself, I want it back strictly for the aesthetics.

I think the tongue may already be a little higher, not MJ pairs higher, but a little high Than before.
eh, it might be slightly higher.

Another detail with the OG tongue is only applicable to a late production run of black/infrareds ONLY. They added a nylon strip around the circumference of the tongue to cover the stitched area holding the padding on the back of the tongue.

Picture for reference...

Binfared OG3.jpg

We used to bring this up way way back on NT.

Moar pics...

Binfared OG11.JPG
Binfared OG14.JPG
Binfared OG16.JPG
Binfared OG19.JPG

Another detail with the OG tongue is only applicable to a late production run of black/infrareds ONLY. They added a nylon strip around the circumference of the tongue to cover the stitched area holding the padding on the back of the tongue.

Picture for reference...

Binfared OG3.jpg

Moar pics...

Binfared OG11.JPG
Binfared OG14.JPG
Binfared OG16.JPG
Binfared OG19.JPG
I think i heard someone say that extra fabric rubbed against shins right?

Need official pics at this point. I might have to finally get a pair of Black Infras and show y’all how to rock these proper

Yea current shape looks great imo. I just hope they use the right materials and have 3m. If so I’ll double up. Otherwise, just one pair.

Picture for reference...

Binfared OG3.jpg

Moar pics...

Binfared OG11.JPG
Binfared OG14.JPG
Binfared OG16.JPG
Binfared OG19.JPG
Thats wild. Never knew of this. Were they on certain sizes? They made the change late in production? Very interesting though.

Thats wild. Never knew of this. Were they on certain sizes? They made the change late in production? Very interesting though.
From what I remember from the discussions back in the day, the black infrareds had an additional production run well after the initial release. I can't confirm this because I haven't done the research on production dates and such, but this was the story. And for whatever reason, the additional nylon was added for that run.

From what I remember from the discussions back in the day, the black infrareds had an additional production run well after the initial release. I can't confirm this because I haven't done the research on production dates and such, but this was the story. And for whatever reason, the additional nylon was added for that run.
So it may be possible for such things like that to take place. Continuing the production of certain models after it's release. But with a slight change.

That seems accurate. The shoe itself (along with the white Infrareds) dropped in Feb 1991, but I remember copping my pair a bit later in the year like June or July. I don’t remember the additional nylon being added but it may very well have been the case. Too long ago to remember.

If I remember correctly it was around the time the 8’s or 9’s came out when Nike stopped producing shoes after the initial run, to prepare for a new colorway or a new model to drop.

I wonder what differences resulted from different production locations. I know the 7s and 10s have differences in colors logo placement and lace holes; also, the Bred 11 red tint is on some pairs and not on others produced in different countries. Researching the 6s OG differences will be my next little project

Back
Top Bottom