2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
These look exactly like the 2014, but with Nike Air :rolleyes
No they dont . They are a bloated fake version of what should be. The 2014 at least looked good. The comfort was terrible though. The pair in that vid is real trash.

Yea those look wrong to me. Shape is off and looks like nubuck instead of durabuck.

Na. Nubuck is a lot more ashy than that lol. If nothing else those fakes look to have the same “durabuck” that’s on black metallic Vs and that’s a good thing. Contrast upper as we know is still up in the air though. Seems non existent in that video.

Last edited:
Pains me to say but I think the retail pairs will look pretty much exactly like those in the vid. Hope I’m wrong and they come out better. Copping two regardless. I’m itching for these.

I liked my pair so much that I want to double up on them. Then again, bc3 is one of my top 5 shoes ever. I don’t mind the thicker ep as long as the shoe looks and feels good and generally keeps the og vibe. The 2011 retro is so terrible in comparison, the midsole paint started chipping after a few wears and that leather used was some shiny synthetic plastic like material.

I do wonder what the next Aqua 8 retro could be. The 2015 pair is pretty much the OG. Will it go back to the dark grey suede from the 2007, or something new entirely?
I know the next Bordeaux 7 will probably have the lime green 7 on the heel, and the toe bump will be gone, which will help sell that pair.
I’m sure Jordan Brand knows that the stiff leather and awkward shaped remastered 13s are sure to sell some soft leather and nicer shaped 13s in the future. I’m sure the next Concord 11 and Space Jam will sell no matter what it looks like.
Jordan Brand benefits off of making little mistakes. I’m sure the next Chicago 9 will sell because it has a correct jumpman. The next time the Bred/Chi/Royal, etc. 1s return, I’m sure they’ll sell again no matter what..

I think jordan Brand knows how to sell you something twice or three times.
CavernousDelectableGlowworm-max-1mb.gif

all of this self imposed paranoid 'how will we sell the next pair' rigamarole is so unnecessary.

Whoever this conjured up imaginary doofus consumer is, who some how makes up the majority now and is significant enough to go through all this, suddenly that guy cares about the next pair having an extra detail on it that wasnt there before that he didnt even know was supposed to be there in the first place?

No.

I'll say it again, people will buy them regardless just like they did the bc3. Because theyre dope shoes and they wear out. The people that care about such details are the ones who appreciate the heritage and those people are the ones getting the short end of the stick at the end of the day here and its only because the doofus majority consumer doesnt realize what he's missing he just wants those michael air jordan's and gets cringey hyped over what the true heads know is a shell of what used to be. Its awkward. Half because its not nearly the same shoe its supposed to represent and because after the hype wears off doofus is going to carry on thinking 'aww man I had those, theyre nothing special". Especially if theres no sentiment behind them. That to me is worse for the longevity of the brand than this 'keep em wanting more' tactic. They love to deliberately "stick it to us" by skimping out of classics in favor of what they know might sell poorly. We've all seen this. It's the direct opposite of what they should be doing. Make the ones that matter the best that you can make them true to the original form so that the reputation of your brand strengthens with every release. I seriously DO NOT understand the 'logic'. The gd shoes wear out! What difference does it make if they switch up a detail?????

Theyre going to sell because theyre dope, so make them dope. I dont know why that's so hard.

and stop being so damned cheap and fix the midsoles and outsoles on your classic retros already. invest something back into the business for christs sake. nothing will truly be right until the bottom of these shoes are retooled. i know it sucks to do because thats the part that costs real money to fix, but the problem is it shouldve never changed in the first place. so fix it. these arent your shoes, mark. these are OUR shoes. FIX IT. you cheap bastard

CavernousDelectableGlowworm-max-1mb.gif

all of this self imposed paranoid 'how will we sell the next pair' rigamarole is so unnecessary.

Whoever this conjured up imaginary doofus consumer is, who some how makes up the majority now and is significant enough to go through all this, suddenly that guy cares about the next pair having an extra detail on it that wasnt there before that he didnt even know was supposed to be there in the first place?

No.

I'll say it again, people will buy them regardless just like they did the bc3. Because theyre dope shoes and they wear out. The people that care about such details are the ones who appreciate the heritage and those people are the ones getting the short end of the stick at the end of the day here and its only because the doofus majority consumer doesnt realize what he's missing he just wants those michael air jordan's and gets cringey hyped over what the true heads know is a shell of what used to be. Its awkward. Half because its not nearly the same shoe its supposed to represent and because after the hype wears off doofus is going to carry on thinking 'aww man I had those, theyre nothing special". Especially if theres no sentiment behind them. That to me is worse for the longevity of the brand than this 'keep em wanting more' tactic. They love to deliberately "stick it to us" by skimping out of classics in favor of what they know might sell poorly. We've all seen this. It's the direct opposite of what they should be doing. Make the ones that matter the best that you can make them true to the original form so that the reputation of your brand strengthens with every release. I seriously DO NOT understand the 'logic'. The gd shoes wear out! What difference does it make if they switch up a detail?????

Theyre going to sell because theyre dope, so make them dope. I dont know why that's so hard.

and stop being so damned cheap and fix the midsoles and outsoles on your classic retros already. invest something back into the business for christs sake. nothing will truly be right until the bottom of these shoes are retooled. i know it sucks to do because thats the part that costs real money to fix, but the problem is it shouldve never changed in the first place. so fix it. these arent your shoes, mark. these are OUR shoes. FIX IT. you cheap bastard
Well.... lol Jordan Brands been doing this for a while now. Each retro I named will be different next time, and will likely have something just as appeasing as before(especially to NT type folk who do buy based on details returning or not...............

It’s also confusing when you say all the detail talk is unnecessary and they’ll sell anyway, and then in your last paragraph demand details you want, that wouldn’t affect sales either way.....

Last edited:
I think I like em....I'll say that that toe box does look a little bloated (^I agree) and rounded. So...If UA, I could see how that might be a difference between the Retail and UA pairs.

As far as shape goes, I was hoping for more of that Jimmy Butler pair shape.

Well.... lol Jordan Brands been doing this for a while now. Each retro I named will be different next time, and will likely have something just as appeasing as before...............

It’s also confusing when you say all the detail talk is unnecessary and they’ll sell anyway, and then in your last paragraph demand details you want, that wouldn’t affect sales anyway......
Again. We all know this. But he is right. Make them like they are meant to be. They will sell. Quoting JB themselves.......Why Not?.

Last edited:
Again. We all know this. But he is right. Make them like they are meant to be. They will sell.
And I’m not? Im really confused lol. Speculation present or not, these things always happen when shoes are re released. That’s the business model JB has chosen.

Since the Aqua 8 is my favorite shoe, and the next retro will probably be pair number 3, hell yeah Imma speculate on how it’ll be different.

And I’m not? Im really confused lol. Speculation present or not, these things always happen when shoes are re released. That’s the business model JB has chosen.

Since the Aqua 8 is my favorite shoe, and the next retro will probably be pair number 3, hell yeah Imma speculate on how it’ll be different.
They have FULL capability of making these true to 1991. They dont, on purpose. Its BS. You agree as well. Dont give two ****s what 98 percent of everyone else thinks. WE are the one s that have kept JB relavent. Not the 98 percent. You know this also. If they dont want to listen to their true following, then who do they listen to?..?

They have FULL capability of making these true to 1991. They dont, on purpose. Its BS. You agree as well. Dont give two ****s what 98 percent of everyone else thinks. WE are the one s that have kept JB relavent. Not the 98 percent. You know this also. If they dont want to listen to their true following, then who do they listen to?..?
$$$$$$$$$

They may watch NT, but if a drop sells really well without being OG everything, our NT opinions may not count as tangible evidence that not making OG copies affects sales. They were generous with the Concord and 10s last year(which didn’t sell well). We’re still waiting to see what the 6s and Cement 4s will look like.

Last edited:

This is the point I was trying to make earlier. They won’t make them exactly the same on purpose. And honestly I don’t think they really care about the 2%. They care about peopole who praise them for releasing the same shoes over and over like NightWing and a few other Youtubers.

I still regret passing on the 2015 retro. I may end up just copping off stockX sometime. The funny thing about this shoe is I hated it in 93’ and opted for Playoffs instead, but now I’d say the Aqua is my fav 8. Funny how things change. Too scared to wear my deadstock 2007 pair seeing as how my other pair chipped and cracked easily.

Well.... lol Jordan Brands been doing this for a while now. Each retro I named will be different next time, and will likely have something just as appeasing as before(especially to NT type folk who do buy based on details returning or not...............

It’s also confusing when you say all the detail talk is unnecessary and they’ll sell anyway, and then in your last paragraph demand details you want, that wouldn’t affect sales either way.....
tell me about it

$$$$$$$$$

They may watch NT, but if a drop sells really well without being OG everything, our NT opinions may not count as tangible evidence that not making OG copies affects sales. They were generous with the Concord and 10s last year(which didn’t sell well). We’re still waiting to see what the 6s and Cement 4s will look like.

In what universe do you live in where Concords didn’t sell well? Lol

$$$$$$$$$

air-max-1-2015-preview-3.jpg

outlets
nike-air-max-1-grey-white0-ah8145-011-1.jpg

sold out

so we know OG shapes sell

what reason would they have to not implement them?

d-i-s-r-e-s-p-e-c-t
images

Ironically, this man changed them up in the first place because of his 'respect' to the OG collectors....

Back
Top Bottom