2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I still think it’s crazy seeing the 2014 get trashed today. I saw that pair so much in ATL. A lot more men wear pink now anyways, so the near unanimous hate(mostly for the color) for them outside of NT baffles me.

always happens when the new version of something comes out.

You used to have the same debates about how they're supposed to be pink

I still think it’s crazy seeing the 2014 get trashed today. I saw that pair so much in ATL. A lot more men wear pink now anyways, so the near unanimous hate(mostly for the color) for them outside of NT baffles me.

To many they was extremely uncomfortable me included

Last edited:
100% agree with the no .5 down argument. I always got 10's then NT made me more aware of cracking. I went through a phase questioning that ten including a colossal fail of me buying a $190 pair of 9.0 motorsports I have sitting here with 4 wears I am overdue to sell.

Now I still sometimes question if Im now trusting the shoe companies and should be trying on shoes individually but that seems like a frustrating game and I dont ever have problems wearing 10's at least so Im going to play it safe with them and not overthink it. I do have some 9.5's that fit well the latest AM90 fit perfectly in a 9.5 but other then those I dont think its worth the frustration to try to fit .5 down when possible.

always happens when the new version of something comes out.

You used to have the same debates about how they're supposed to be pink
I knew they were a bit more pink than the 1991, but I didn’t really care that much or enough to trash them. But you’re right about the new to older pair thing. Although, with a lot of remasters like the Aqua 8 and Concord 11, idk what the next pair of those could even do to be better. Since they’re almost copies of the OG, what would they do?

100% agree with the no .5 down argument. I always got 10's then NT made me more aware of cracking. I went through a phase questioning that ten including a colossal fail of me buying a $190 pair of 9.0 motorsports I have sitting here with 4 wears I am overdue to sell.

Now I still sometimes question if Im now trusting the shoe companies and should be trying on shoes individually but that seems like a frustrating game and I dont ever have problems wearing 10's at least so Im going to play it safe with them and not overthink it. I do have some 9.5's that fit well the latest AM90 fit perfectly in a 9.5 but other then those I dont think its worth the frustration to try to fit .5 down when possible.
Only time a size 9.5 worked is with the 2018 Shadow 10. To increase my raffle chances, I entered in one 9.5 raffle and that’s the only raffle I won lol. Fits perfectly. 2016 Banned 1s Size 10 fit like a 10.5

In hindsight, except for the toe box I didn’t really mind the ‘14’s much since it was my first infras since the og in 6th grade.

I have 2018 Shadow X’s in my actual size which is sz 10 and they such a perfect/snug fit. I couldn’t imagine sizing down to a 9.5, I’d barely be able to get the shoe on. You’re spot on about 2016 Black/red 1’s however. I have those in a sz 10 as well and I feel like I’m swimming in them but I have the laces really loose in them which I think is the reason

Color wise,,,
Vars 6s->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> 2014 infrapinks...
I maybe in the minority on this forum stating that, but Im bias towards darker reds, being 1st 6 I owned was the 2000 deep infrareds.
However, I played on a hoop team in the early 90s, where I had 2 teammates that had the black infrareds , & I can say honestly they was more red than anything, with a hint of bright orange.

2014s version are the epitome of blasphemy .
More so than any other version of black infrared 6s have ever been..

Yes ,Nike Air on the back of infrareds is long past due, thats for certain, that could be reason enough for a new infra 6.
Although that doesnt excuse that nike knew they botched that last release , which is why I think we're seeing a retro only 4-5 yrs past that drop.

DyTBVK-W0AAz80p.jpg

VI's do run big so side footers yall be fine.

narrow/regular fit should get half size down or try them on if you can for your preferred fit. Like I said, the 2017 ASG VI's ran big, and prior to that the 2010 VI's ran big.

2014 VI were trash.

Reactions: You
Color wise,,,
Vars 6s->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> 2014 infrapinks...
I maybe in the minority on this forum stating that, but Im bias towards darker reds, being 1st 6 I owned was the 2000 deep infrareds.
However, I played on a hoop team in the early 90s, where I had 2 teammates that had the black infrareds , & I can say honestly they was more red than anything, with a hint of bright orange.

2014s version are the epitome of blasphemy .
More so than any other version of black infrared 6s have ever been..

Yes ,Nike Air on the back of infrareds is long past due, thats for certain, that could be reason enough for a new infra 6.
Although that doesnt excuse that nike knew they botched that last release , which is why I think we're seeing a retro only 4-5 yrs past that drop.
I definitely think JB rushed to remaster the most controversial pairs from 2011-2015.

In regard to the color, based on all the pics and videos I’ve seen, and the accounts of 91 pair owners, if we’re talking proximity to the 1991, it’s 2019, 2014, 2000, Infrared Pack, then 2010 Varsity.

The 2014 is a little brighter than the 2019. Guy sent my photos of his 91 and 19 pairs, and the color was more or less identical. The 2000 is noticeably darker than the ‘19, pack is a little darker than those, and the Varsity is darker than those by a couple shades.

air-jordan-6-infrared-1991-nba-finals-1.jpg

14s are Still quite a few shades off of the 91s.

When I mentioned 2010 I was speaking on my preference in red, not how close they are to the 91s.

Last edited:
I honestly didn’t have a problem with the 14 having it in hand.

It was just that damn toe box feeling like a brick

Also DONT LISTEN TO ANYONES SIZING ADVICE.

There are a ton of retro 6’s out right now. Even a durabuck pair. Go try them damn shoes on

Back when the black and white infrareds dropped in 2014 it wasn’t because it was the fact it was pink. It was because it didn’t resemble the true colour that it should’ve been. And on feet they were complete bricks. The white pairs leather was absolute shhhhhhht.

The over all shape as well was terrible. I actually preferred my 2010 pack a lot more.

the color of the 2010 was spot on. Just didn't like the suede. Good quality material just not ment for the Infrareds

Back
Top Bottom