2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
The FTA restock was clutch.... I opened this thread right at 8:55 am and saw the link

I overslept Saturday from being drunk Friday night and missed the initial drop and a 8 was gone everywhere

I knew they made enough of these to be able to catch a pair off a restock though.... I knew there had to have been mad restocks by today or tomorrow randomly due to the quantity

Releases like the UNC 1s if they restock are the restocks that will be gone in seconds
I copped my 8 just now, hours after it happened... So we'll see what happens cuz I'm not 100 % confident mine will ship

These are 98% good with me.. they legit have everything except the heel contrast and the (LITTLE) white lining that was seen on the OG and 2000 pair but the lining was never THAT noticeable on these.. it’s more so a look which probably comes with age that I prefer. That practically makes these perfect as far as JB goes lol.

I’m glad I was able to see a few pairs though because one pair I saw had a boot left toe and two pairs I saw had scuffs on the toe boxes so QC might’ve been shaky on some pairs. I’m super happy with the release in the end though. That’s my take.

Got my two pairs.. now it’s the IV’s and Blk/Red XI’s which will be a super solid year for JB.
I dunno the lining seems pretty noticeable on this pair of DS '91s I saved from Instagram. Would've been nice to have it this prominent on this year's release but I'm not complaining. I can't wait to get my pairs in hand.
Screenshot_20190130-121342_Chrome.jpg

Na a PE is a PE imo. The pair I beat when I was 12 didn't have 23 so I prefer no 23 now. A PE retro is cool but I prefer what I had as a kid. Different strokes though so it's cool.

You mean the PE never sold in stores so it's not an OG? I'm not even sure if that was really the case but just trying hey what the difference is. I'm saying it's OG coz it's an original design and color that MJ wore.

Got mine yesterday and they have some impressions on both toes from where the lace locks were sitting against in the box. Not sweatin it too much but anybody have any ideas on a way to work scuffs and things like this out with a brush maybe? Best cleaner also? New to the shoe game...thanks

You mean the PE never sold in stores so it's not an OG? I'm not even sure if that was really the case but just trying hey what the difference is. I'm saying it's OG coz it's an original design and color that MJ wore.
Metallic 5 with 23 on the side was never sold in 1990. MJ wore a pair a few times but it was a PE. I've always seen "og" referred to as colorways that was sold, not every single PE made.

I dunno the lining seems pretty noticeable on this pair of DS '91s I saved from Instagram. Would've been nice to have it this prominent on this year's release but I'm not complaining. I can't wait to get my pairs in hand.
Screenshot_20190130-121342_Chrome.jpg

Funny, I thought the lining was a little more noticeable too but I didn't want to step on any NT land mines so I tried to be conservative :lol: But you can see what I mean by how it would've been a home run with it on there. I'm not complaining either; its just something I noticed.

Funny, I thought the lining was a little more noticeable too but I didn't want to step on any NT land mines so I tried to be conservative :lol: But you can see what I mean by how it would've been a home run with it on there. I'm not complaining either; its just something I noticed.

That particular '91 also has the top trim on the tongue.

anybody else here thinking about chalking the trim on their infrareds to get that OG look?

I thought about it lol. Especially for the upcoming BC4. Not that I would actually do it but I’m suprised no one else has. And maybe not chalk per say but some sort of art pencil or pastel medium I think would do the trick but I’ll leave it up to someone else to attempt first lol. Again, suprised it hasn’t been done already.

I thought about it lol. Especially for the upcoming BC4. Not that I would actually do it but I’m suprised no one else has. And maybe not chalk per say but some sort of art pencil or pastel medium I think would do the trick but I’ll leave it up to someone else to attempt first lol. Again, suprised it hasn’t been done already.
good idea, we got all that art crap at ACE here in town too. This just went from crazy idea to future project.

The chalk leaves room for error if it sucks though. Its not so permanent. I might try chalk first to see if its worth committing to.

10 pairs.

I have a rule, if I have to do anything to a shoe I don't buy it. It was Jordan Brand's job to get it right, not mine.
Im all for vintagizing mine to look more OG if it looks proper. That BC3 guy on instagram is my hero. I dont wear mine a whole lot so whatever i have with be with me for a long time. Like a collection of dope jackets.

Back
Top Bottom