2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All time collapse? No credit to our offense or defense? We could easily had been going into that game 8-0 too if our receivers didn't drop every pass that was thrown at them vs Atlanta and if not for the 2 fumbles by DJ moore giving Washington a short field. Both those games we had a shot to tie it up on the last possession. But that's football. There are swings in momentum and the game isn't only one half. Last night was the only time we got handily beat so far this season

Y'all were down 17-0 going into the 4th against Philly. Cam was putting up some of the worst numbers of his career, and then Philly completely choked. Maybe not an "all-time" collapse, but they definitely choked that game away.

I Really didn't understand the "Cam is having his best season ever" love he was receiving, when his #'s are average at best.

Cam's my boy I rock with em, but I felt they were hyping Carolina a little too much.

AFC has three legit contenders in the Pats, Chiefs, and Steelers.

Texans and Chargers have looked good so far, but I'm not ready to call them contenders just yet.

Some animal cruelty went down in Pittsburgh last night, sheesh.

Like I said last night that Cam nonsense Pick 6 completely changed the momentum of the game.

I think the Chargers can hang with any AFC team. I don’t see the Texans really doing much. They’re not ready.

I didn't think we would've dominated both sides of the ball last night the way we did. But i'll take the victory. Especially considering how bad we looked against the run on the 1st drive.

It was refreshing to see the d line and pass rush play such a good game, pretty sure we might've only had 1 sack in our previous game against the ravens. Panthers had no answers.

Our defense has been locked in ever since that shootout against the chiefs, only letting up 18 points per game in the past 5 matches

TJ Watt played a great game, Defensive player of the game

Ben dictated the pace and flow of the game. Even at 36 years old he continues to impress, perfect QB rating, dude has gotten better with age, one of the best to ever do it, don't care what y'all say.

Panther fans shouldn't hang their heads tho, I still believe their the 3rd best team in the NFC. Saints and Rams looking like the two best teams in the entire league.

Lastly, Cam newton is having the best season of his career statistically and is on pace to put up better numbers than his MVP season.

I Really didn't understand the "Cam is having his best season ever" love he was receiving, when his #'s are average at best.

Cam's my boy I rock with em, but I felt they were hyping Carolina a little too much.

He's throwing a lot of shorter passes this year, and CMC and co have really helped him out in the YAC department. Somebody posted some graphic a day or two ago about how he hasn't been throwing deep really that much. That's why is completion percentage is so high.

Watching that game last night, still can't believe we lost that game..

Not that it has anything to do with last night

I mean wasn't THAT bothered cause we're couple months off of a super bowl.. but still

Y’all bash Cam for having a poor % but when he finally does have a good one y’all wanna point out the short passes

Let the man live :lol:

I'm not slandering him, I'm just saying. Certain stats can be misleading. Guys like Sam Bradford and Alex Smith are always tops in the league in completion percentage. Do you think it's because they're great QBs? :lol:
But a low completion percentage? That'll always be bad no way you slice it.

I mean... he is. His numbers are better than his MVP season and the completion percentage everybody loves to knock him on is on pace to be his best ever. Sure cam isn't a gunslinger and isn't going to put up video game passing yards. But at what his game is, hes having a career year

I mean... he is. His numbers are better than his MVP season and the completion percentage everybody loves to knock him on is on pace to be his best ever. Sure cam isn't a gunslinger and isn't going to put up video game passing yards. But at what his game is, hes having a career year

See, the thing is.... Mitch Trubisky #'s are pretty damn similar to Cam. With a Higher QBR rating (for those who are into that ESPN stat)

I think I just am annoyed with the national media coverage of judging my QB for what he's doing in year 2 with a new coach and system in 8 games but gassing everyone else who is pretty damn similar

Cam Newton (updated stats with yesterdays performance):
68% completion
2086 passing yards
352 Rushing Yards (4 rushing TD's)
7.1 yards per pass attempt
17 total Td's 5 picks,
QBR: 61.4 (14TH in NFL)

Mitch Trubisky (through this week)
64.2% completion
1949 passing yards
302 rushing yards (2 rushing TD's)
7.5 yards per pass attempt
16 total TD's 7 picks
QBR: 72.4 (Tied 8th in NFL)

I just don't agree with the "national media" perception of Mitch saying he's already a bust, holding the Bears back (we've yet to lose a game this season because of him *knock on wood*) etc when his peers are putting up pretty much the same #'s and they are being praised as MVP candidates and top QB's. He DEF needs to become more accurate and boost his completion percentage. But hes on pace for 35 TDS 4k yards in a year that hes ADMITTEDLY left throws on the field and missed people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom